PDA

View Full Version : 1750pts Dark Eldar/Eldar Tournament Build.

Martyn Powell
10-21-2014, 12:44 PM
Hello all, I have a tournament coming up on the 8th of November and would like the communities input on the list below.

Tournament 1750pts
Dark Eldar: Codex (2014) (Realspace Raiders Detachment) Selections:
HQ
Urien Rakarth (140pts)

Elites
3 Grotesques (205pts)
3x Flesh gauntlet and liquifier gun
Raider (55pts)
Disintegrator

Troops
5 Kabalite Warriors (40pts)
5x Splinter Rifle
5 Kabalite Warriors (40pts)
5x Splinter Rifle

Fast Attack
Razorwing Jetfighter (160pts)
2 Dark Lances, 4x Shatterfield Missile, Twin-linked Splinter Rifle
Razorwing Jetfighter (160pts)
2 Dark Lances, 4x Shatterfield Missile, Twin-linked Splinter Rifle
6x Reavers (126pts)
2x Cluster caltrops
6x Reavers (126pts)
2x Cluster caltrops
6x Reavers (126pts)
2x Cluster caltrops
5x Scourges (120pts)
1x Shardcarbine, 4x haywire blasters

Eldar: Codex (2013) (Allied Detachment) Selections:
HQ
Autarch (145pts)
Fusion gun, Haywire grenades, Laser lance, Mantle of the Laughing God, Plasma grenades, Shuriken pistol, Eldar Jetbike

Troops
5x Rangers (60pts)

Heavy Support
Dark Reapers (217pts)
4x Dark Reapers, Dark Reaper Exarch w/Fast Shot, Night Vision. 5x Starshot and Starswarm Missiles.

Fortification
Aegis Defense Line (85pts)
Gun Emplacement with Icarus Lascannon

Plan is around the following.

Warriors and Rangers are cheap objective holders (designed to be low threat so they last the game)
Reapers hold the aegis line and the Exarch on the Icarus, for turn 1 anti-vehicle and turn 2 onwards ground based AA and interceptor.
Autarch gives +1 to reserve rolls to help everything get on the board as soon as possible, while he jumps about the table hitting isolated units and tanking hits with his 2+ re-rollable cover
Urien (warlord) with the grotesques in the raider, deep strike or roll onto the board to hit a pod or an aegis line, Urien providing his 2 12" buffs of fear and +1 turn time to power from pain to units like bikes giving them FNP5+ (not too worried about the mishap as I'll deep strike a reasonable distance away from possible issues as I can disembark the grotesques and urien closer to where I want to be.)
Scourges using cover moving forward hitting vehicles
Jetfighters either going AA/Anti-tank or using missiles on clusters of infantry etc... because 4x large blast S7 re-roll wounds really makes units struggle with wound saturation.
Reavers proving decoy units, no ranged weapon upgrades because they will always jink. Providing no centre of mass for my forces and allowing for co-ordinated multi-charges into enemy units. (these guys for 16pts each are now insane!... in one game I took out 6 leman russ tanks, with just their cluster caltrops!)

What do you think?

Other options with the army are to drop a unit of reavers for some scourges or do a total rethink or something else.

Open to all ideas.

Dave Mcturk
10-23-2014, 06:17 AM
imo the 6 bike reaver squads will attract some grief ! easier to hide 3 bike squads and keep them out of sight and trouble ?