PDA

View Full Version : Solar Auxilia - pre order now up.

Mr Mystery
10-17-2014, 05:33 AM
Lasrifle section is the first release (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/SOLAR_AUXILIA_LASRIFLE_SECTION.html)

The image of Solar Auxilia Lasrifle Sections arrayed in multiple, disciplined ranks standing firm against hordes of alien foes is a celebrated one, but it is far from the only way in which they are deployed. Infantry Tercios are adept at fighting in loose order or launching massed assaults across the most hostile of the galaxy's battlefields.

The Solar Auxilia Lasrifle Section is a complete multi-part resin kit containing twenty models. Designed by Edgar Skomorowski, each model comes numbered with a corresponding lasrifle, as well as optional Sergeant, Vexilla and Vox Operator components. These models are available to pre-order now and will be despatched from Thursday 30th October.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/sa-las-complete.jpg

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/sa-las1p.jpg

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/sa-las3p.jpg

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/solarcomp.jpg

Ģ68.00 for 20.

eldargal
10-17-2014, 07:04 AM
*cough*Now make a sprue of alternate female heads for them*uncough*

Tyrendian
10-17-2014, 07:13 AM
you mean for the two heads where the face is actually visible? that you don't even have to use? :)

eldargal
10-17-2014, 07:15 AM
Yup. Sprue with five heads on, nice female sculpts by Mr Skomorowski. Sell it for a few pounds and jobs done.

Tyrendian
10-17-2014, 07:36 AM
unlikely, for the usual reasons, but we can always hope... rest of the sculpts would allow for it at least, with the rather massive armour making them sufficiently androgynous...

eldargal
10-17-2014, 07:38 AM
I know its unlikely, I'm just got going to shut up about it for Reasons.:p FW will take the 'everything is androgynous at 28mm' line they always take when this comes up.

Asymmetrical Xeno
10-17-2014, 08:18 AM
I love that they are mostly 1 piece models bar the weapons and a few bits here and there. I hate multi-part kits for horde infantry. I think the price is quite good too. I like the Industrial look to them too, i'd wear it in a club for sure.

Psychosplodge
10-17-2014, 08:38 AM
I love that proper steampunk look they've got going ;)

Macharius
10-17-2014, 08:57 AM
That paint job...

StraightSilver
10-17-2014, 09:17 AM
Maybe the new Heresy Ogryns will be female? ;)

Anyway, enough of that. :)

All I can say is my poor wallet!!!!

Just when I thought I would never have to paint masses of Guard infantry ever again.....

Mr Mystery
10-17-2014, 09:19 AM
I love that they are mostly 1 piece models bar the weapons and a few bits here and there. I hate multi-part kits for horde infantry. I think the price is quite good too. I like the Industrial look to them too, i'd wear it in a club for sure.

Forgeworld guys at Warhammer Fest confirmed they were going for an 'adapted, then codified' look to the armour, with this stuff being based off void suits - so a low tech cousin to the origins of Terminator Armour.

And yes. I'm sorely, sorely tempted!

Asymmetrical Xeno
10-17-2014, 09:34 AM
Forgeworld guys at Warhammer Fest confirmed they were going for an 'adapted, then codified' look to the armour, with this stuff being based off void suits - so a low tech cousin to the origins of Terminator Armour.

And yes. I'm sorely, sorely tempted!

Nice, I like how much thought they put into their models like that - It's the sort of thing I do myself with my own stuff.

Should also be easy to production-like these due to the way the sprues are done. Far more satisfying to work with than multi-part cadians/catachans imo.

YorkNecromancer
10-17-2014, 01:31 PM
I would buy all the female Ogryns. They would be ten kinds of awesome.

Female Unreal Juggernaughts FTW!

Archon
10-17-2014, 04:20 PM
I donīt like the look of the barrles. They are not straight in line. Maybe there are mirrors in the front sektion ?

The helmets look far to maritim - like old deep diver suits.

Kirsten
10-17-2014, 04:52 PM
they sail through space

Horncastle
10-17-2014, 05:10 PM
Even with shipping to Canada 20 of these are cheaper then 20 Scions. Very tempting and I have to restart my Guard army anyway.

Agmar
10-17-2014, 10:05 PM
In an age of constant warfare, particularly in the case of 40k, it would seem pretty silly to send females out to fight: the Imperium needs soldiers not equal opportunity. My .02$

Also, it's a very small niche market (within the warhammer crowd) that wants female bits in their kits. If you want it that badly just mod it.

daboarder
10-18-2014, 11:53 PM
In an age of constant warfare, particularly in the case of 40k, it would seem pretty silly to send females out to fight: the Imperium needs soldiers not equal opportunity. My .02$

I'm sorry, but did you think this through before you posted? 'cause it doesn't make a whole tonne of sense "we need all the soldiers we can get....but not ones with boobs because 20th century "reasons""....yeah.....

Also, it's a very small niche market (within the warhammer crowd) that wants female bits in their kits. If you want it that badly just mod it.
And also no, its not a niche market, female miniatures are CONSTANTLY being called for by the customers, but then GW doesn't do market research and has gone so far backward over the last 2-3 years in its represntation of women in the game...its sad, and just lame

Grimnar42
10-19-2014, 12:42 AM
They look like something out of an old science fiction movie

eldargal
10-19-2014, 01:01 AM
I'm sorry, but did you think this through before you posted? 'cause it doesn't make a whole tonne of sense "we need all the soldiers we can get....but not ones with boobs because 20th century "reasons""....yeah.....

And also no, its not a niche market, female miniatures are CONSTANTLY being called for by the customers, but then GW doesn't do market research and has gone so far backward over the last 2-3 years in its representation of women in the game...its sad, and just lame
Yep, Raging Heroes raised 800k for female soldiers just from people willing to back an idea so yeah.

If we can't write diversity into sci-fi, then what's the point? You don't create new worlds to give them all the same limits of the old ones
Ignoring the fact women fighting for the IoM is canon, of all the many, many things about 40k that make no sense but people just roll with it's funny how the supposed problems with women fighting are the ones that get raised when this subject comes up. Like you can accept the utter insanity that is the IoM approach to technology which is completely inefficient and bull**** when trying to wage war but GOD FORBID THE WIMMINS MARCH TO WAR.

Anyway, won't derail further.

Katharon
10-19-2014, 01:26 AM
Bravest non-Astartes human that not only wasn't afraid of Space Marines, but shot a /World Eater/ in the face /AFTER/ they had turned against the Emperor, was a woman...so yeah...

CoffeeGrunt
10-19-2014, 01:03 PM

And also no, its not a niche market, female miniatures are CONSTANTLY being called for by the customers, but then GW doesn't do market research and has gone so far backward over the last 2-3 years in its represntation of women in the game...its sad, and just lame

Huh, it's not often we agree on something, it's giving me a disconcerting feeling in the pit of my gall bladder. :P

Hell, if only so I could make a Lieutenant Mira model if nothing else. At least Relic got it that on Cadia, the girls kick a** too. Anyway, I'm way more interested in the tanks these guys have than the dudes themselves. I dunno, they're just not to my aesthetic tastes, but damn those are lovely models.

Kirsten
10-19-2014, 01:22 PM
Ignoring the fact women fighting for the IoM is canon

hurray for the Isle of Man :p

eldargal
10-20-2014, 02:33 AM
Lieutenant Mira is the best.

I knew you'd say that I nearly put a footnote saying 'Quiet Kirsten'.:p

Kirsten
10-20-2014, 04:18 AM
:D