PDA

View Full Version : necrons vs. eldar/dark eldar. any advice?

ChaosChosenMarine1994
10-16-2014, 04:47 AM
I am going to be playing in a game soon of 1250 points of necrons with 2 aegis lines 2 bastions and 2 quad guns vs. 1500 points of either eldar, dark eldar or an unknown faction (definately not any imperium of man team, necrons or tyranids) any advice? Is there any units i should definately be bringing? What tactics would help against eldar/dark eldar?

Da Gargoyle
10-16-2014, 08:36 PM
The last game I played against Necrons, I had to deal with 3 of those Doom Scythes which flew in and out all the time. They blasted a Wraith Lord, my Jet Rider Warlocks and a Serpent. However the Canoptek Wraiths seemed to struggle against my dire avengers and the game became a close run thing because of my flanking Scorpions who, secured an objective in his deployment zone while wiping out a unit of warriors. He got sucked in on the combat and forgot objectives.

I would also make his skimmers and jet bikes jink. Anything that jinks can only snap shoot in its next turn and you have to declare the jink before rolls to hit are made.

Do Necrons use Psyker powers? Probably should carry a psyker or two to counter Eldar psykers. A coven of Warlocks gives Eldar psykers extra dice to make the roll off for the psychic power work. Beware of the warlock with the destructor power, an S5 AP4 template.

Watch out for D scythe wielding Wraith Guard. Torrented S4 AP2 templates. Those Agis lines wont mean much if the WG drop out of a Serpent and hit you with 5 of those templates.

ChaosChosenMarine1994
10-17-2014, 02:31 AM
Got it. Thanks for the tip. Any advice for dark eldar?

Lost Vyper
10-17-2014, 07:00 AM
Dark Eldar will DAKKA a lot! Get vehicles, cos heŽll most likely struggle against AV13...he should have few lances, but less than Eldar IMHO (i play Eldar and Dark Eldar both)...get Mindshackle Scarabs, cos they are annoying as h***...:)

Dave Mcturk
10-21-2014, 05:49 AM
against 'new' de you will need MS - but avoid combat if you can.

necron glancing should still fry his ships but watch out for reams of poison shooting [or eldar bladestorm]

i tend to favour immortals over warriors but that a personal preference

and in general if i am fielding necrons [i borrow a friends cos i play eldar/de mostly] - i just say 'WRAITH' - i mean 3 groups of 6 tie up just about anything ! [flavour to suit - but a few pistols doesnt hurt]

my buddy only runs one or two flyers but they could be useful but chew up your points - so depends on the 'game scenarios' you use.

we tend to play combined scenarios from major tournaments - which makes a balanced army more critical - but flyer heavy is certainly a way to play v DE. [eldar can bring reapers which will 'flay' you - pun intended]