PDA

View Full Version : Necron Tomb Citadel deployment

NastoCat
10-15-2014, 09:09 AM
I am planning on using one as a fortification in the final weeks of an escalation league, by rules it is a fortification. With 7th edition you deploy fortifications with you army. Obliviously, with Dawn of War deployment it will not fit in the deployment zone. Does anyone know if the Tomb Citadel can't be entirely place in your deployment zone, can it be used? I have been waiting a few days forge World to answer. Just wondering if anyone else has asked?

Charistoph
10-15-2014, 10:15 AM
I am planning on using one as a fortification in the final weeks of an escalation league, by rules it is a fortification. With 7th edition you deploy fortifications with you army. Obliviously, with Dawn of War deployment it will not fit in the deployment zone. Does anyone know if the Tomb Citadel can't be entirely place in your deployment zone, can it be used? I have been waiting a few days forge World to answer. Just wondering if anyone else has asked?

Talk to your opponent about it. If they will not let you put as much of it in to your DZ as possible, then he's probably not worth playing any way.

That having been said, I believe the rules state if a model cannot be in the DZ or go in Reserves, it counts as being Destroyed. Fortifications are funny though, and you used to be able to deploy them anywhere in 6th.

NastoCat
10-15-2014, 11:11 AM
Fortifications are funny though, and you used to be able to deploy them anywhere in 6th.

That is were my confusion of how to play it is coming in. It does not have a 7th Edition update, and its rules were for 6th were this would not be an issue.