PDA

View Full Version : Bonding Knife Ritual

Blackcloud6
10-14-2014, 01:36 PM
Making up a 1500 point list to fight Necrons and I have given my Fire warriors and Pathfinders Bonding Knife Ritual (BKR), but maybe i could use the points elsewhere.

Who should get BKR? I also have a Stealthsuit team (3 models) and a XV-08 Crisis team (3 models one a Leader), should they get BKR too?

ShadowcatX
10-15-2014, 08:19 AM
Bonding Knife Ritual is basically a tax you have to pay in order to play farsight. In standard Tau Empire I would probably forget that it existed.

Da Gargoyle
10-16-2014, 08:58 PM
I agree with ShadowcatX. I mean, regrouping at normal leadership, your unit is already pretty much dead if it is required.

Blackcloud6
10-17-2014, 10:19 AM
Thanks for replies. I played last night and the unit had BKR didn't seem to need it. So next time I'll leave it out and spend the points elsewhere.

Mr Mystery
10-19-2014, 07:47 AM
Something so far not covered is the advantage of always being able to regroup on your base Ld......

It makes your opponent work that little bit harder, particularly when it comes to holding objectives with non-Objective Secured units.

If you're rallying on a double 1, then your opponent has effectively dealt with that unit. It's quite unlikely to come back, and cannot contest unless rallied.

But even a single dude can deny him objectives. You cannot underestimate that option. Not only can it win you the game, but your opponent has to divert something to take care of it. And when it's just a single bloke, or just a handful of infantry, that can be rather wasteful.

CoffeeGrunt
10-19-2014, 12:07 PM
That said, I've never had it matter in the year I played Tau. Also it is literally worthless if your squad model count is 4 or under, as they cannot fall below 25%. If an Independent Character is with them, it is also worthless.