PDA

View Full Version : Succubus Gear

AirHorse
10-09-2014, 01:22 PM
So...maybe it's just me but from reading the new codex it seems that you can't actually equip a Succubus with the gear that she is advertised with(the agoniser and archite glaive)?

From what I can tell you can't give her both an agoniser and an archite glaive at the same time as both require you to replace her single close combat weapon, meaning you can only do it for one of them. Am I missing something here?!

Tokunator
10-09-2014, 02:22 PM
It looks like you are right. I thought you could replace the pistol with a melee weapon, but the codex says that you can only replace melee weapons with an Agoniser.

John Bower
10-09-2014, 02:55 PM
It looks like you are right. I thought you could replace the pistol with a melee weapon, but the codex says that you can only replace melee weapons with an Agoniser.

Haven't read the dex yet but BS won't let me give her a blast pistol either... WTF? Syrens can, Bloodbrides in charge of wyches can... Why on Earth not the Succubus? That has to be an error surely?

edit: surprisingly it will let me give her both the Archite Glaive and the agoniser though....

BPar
10-09-2014, 02:56 PM
I think you can. The iPad version of the codex states "May replace CCW with an archite glaive". Then below you "May take items from the Melee Weapons, ..." which replaces your Melee weapon with either a Power sword or Agoniser. The Splinter pistol counts as a CCW during the Assault phase, this makes it a Melee weapon.

GW just made a new model with this description on their web site. "This 10-piece plastic kit makes one Succubus equipped with an agoniser and archite glaive."

Houghten
10-09-2014, 03:33 PM
If pistols count as melee weapons for the purposes of wargear replacement, then Ork players finally got the dual power klaws they always wanted...

daboarder
10-09-2014, 03:38 PM
they don't

its very clear to say pistol when its talking about pistols. As to the loadout on the knew model, well thats standard GW guys, no idea what they themselves are doing

AirHorse
10-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Yeah it's not exactly the most shocking thing of all time, although a bit surprising considering they've clearly taken on that loadout as the "definitive" loadout!

Just wanted to check I wasn't missing something, despite having re-read it several times!

daboarder
10-09-2014, 04:06 PM
worth checking to see if there is an option to trade out the pistol for a basic melee weapon in her own entry, sometimes thats a thing

BPar
10-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Just tried Force Requistion in the iPad codex and it allowed the archite glaive and agoniser load out. I don't know what it did with the splinter pistol and CCW weapon though. When I add a standard Succubus, it doesn't list any weapons.

@John Bower, that has to be a Battlescribe error.

daboarder
10-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Just tried Force Requistion in the iPad codex and it allowed the archite glaive and agoniser load out. I don't know what it did with the splinter pistol and CCW weapon though. When I add a standard Succubus, it doesn't list any weapons.

@John Bower, that has to be a Battlescribe error.
Thats nice and all, but Force Req is not the rules, the rules are the rules and the rules specify EXACTLY what you can do, and swapping your PISTOL for an agoniser isnt one of them

Charon
10-09-2014, 07:09 PM
There is a way:

Take the Archite Blade and replace the CCW.
Then take the Djin Blade and replace the Pistol (It says "Replaces a model’s ranged or Melee weapon" in the Djin Blades entry).
Finally replace the Djin Blade (which is a CCW) with an Agonzier.
Done :D

Well played GW, well played...

daboarder
10-09-2014, 07:52 PM
God thats filthy expensive

AirHorse
10-10-2014, 04:05 AM
Hah, I'm not entirely sure this is the way that it was intended to be available some how :D

daboarder
10-10-2014, 04:21 AM
doesn't matter, intent is too ambiguous to be of real practical use. Its only GWs fault for being unable to write competently

AirHorse
10-10-2014, 06:24 AM
Sorry, probably wasn't clear! I wasn't implying it should be played different from how its written, just making a general comment on the state of things!!

Definitely agree that as is, aside from the ridiculous way of doing so, you can't just grab those two weapons unfortunately!

Krayd
10-10-2014, 06:26 AM
doesn't matter, intent is too ambiguous to be of real practical use. Its only GWs fault for being unable to write competently

Obviously, it is going to require errata or a FAQ clarification.

Though, I think that it is probably intended to be allowed, considering that official GW product allows the loadout (assuming that said official product isn't full of bugs that throw the validity of this into doubt). I don't think that anyone worth playing with in a friendly game should have a problem (TO organizers, however, will need to make that judgment call themselves until this is FAQ'd).

Power Klawz
10-25-2014, 01:29 PM
There is a way:

Take the Archite Blade and replace the CCW.
Then take the Djin Blade and replace the Pistol (It says "Replaces a model’s ranged or Melee weapon" in the Djin Blades entry).
Finally replace the Djin Blade (which is a CCW) with an Agonzier.
Done :D

Well played GW, well played...

Well if you can just replace any old CCW couldn't you just take any of the Wych Cult Weapons first, then replace one with an agoniser and the other with the archite glaive? Its still dumb as hell but its only a 5 point surcharge.

Edit: Woops, looks like it was FAQ'd already.

John Bower
10-25-2014, 02:26 PM
Well if you can just replace any old CCW couldn't you just take any of the Wych Cult Weapons first, then replace one with an agoniser and the other with the archite glaive? Its still dumb as hell but its only a 5 point surcharge.

Edit: Woops, looks like it was FAQ'd already.

Yep, and Battlescribe rectified the Blast Pistol too. :) Good, goodgood.