PDA

View Full Version : Adepticon: Who's Attending?

Mycroft Holmes
02-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Now that registration for Adepticon has been open for awhile (and closed for the Sunday 40k tournament), I was thinking that it would be good to start a thread for people attending the tournament to share info on lodging/local bars and resturants/army lists/ etc.

I met JWolf at Adepticon last year, had a good game and talked off and on all day. Hopefully, this thread can lead to more of that kind of interaction.

So, who's attending this year?

"Mycroft Holmes"
Jason Bentley

Lerra
02-02-2010, 11:31 AM
I'll be there with Blood Ravens for the team tournament.

Btw, the best food in Chicago is Uno's Pizza. Get the sausage deep dish. It's awesome. I've been looking forward to going back to Chicago for the better part of a decade just for the pizza.

MVBrandt
02-02-2010, 11:57 AM
I have some friends in Chitown, and will be heading up for a # of reasons, not least of which is socializing.

I'll be participating in the team tournament, and maybe the Sunday event ... depends on how the Nids are going on the production front.

I'd participate in the Gladiator, except for the Apoc units, which make it rather silly.

Also, will be passing the word on our own event ... we got our tournament on the Circuit for this year, in August.

syderwarp
02-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Now that registration for Adepticon has been open for awhile (and closed for the Sunday 40k tournament), I was thinking that it would be good to start a thread for people attending the tournament to share info on lodging/local bars and resturants/army lists/ etc.

I met JWolf at Adepticon last year, had a good game and talked off and on all day. Hopefully, this thread can lead to more of that kind of interaction.

So, who's attending this year?

"Mycroft Holmes"
Jason Bentley

Shout out!:D I live down the street in Chicago my parents house,and one of my worksites is close to Lombard. So out of towners just ask for info they call me Magellan :p

syderwarp
02-02-2010, 04:16 PM
I'll be there, probably competing in the team tournament and combat patrol. Only 1500 of my 4000 points are fully painted >.> :o

Btw, the best food in Chicago is Uno's Pizza. Get the sausage deep dish. It's awesome. I've been looking forward to going back to Chicago for the better part of a decade just for the pizza.

That's really just like eating toast, and drinking coffee in the morning. There are tons of places to eat in Chicago. Though a HS friend is a waiter at Unos ,and it's a block away from work.:p

mkerr
02-02-2010, 11:31 PM
I'll be there. The plan is to only play on Saturday (me, Jwolf, Goatboy and Darkwynn are playing in the 40K team tournament) so I can meet people and hang out at the bar.

See you there!

Bigred
02-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Same here, I'll there live-blogging and chatting everybody up. I'm only playing Team on Saturday this year... just too many people to talk to!

Look for the tired looking guy dragging the camera and tripod around...

RocketRollRebel
02-03-2010, 07:49 AM
I was planning to make the trek but I just don't have the cash to plus I've got 4 GT's that I'm planing to hit this year so that should make up for it I guess. There are some guys from my local store here tho who are getting all geared up for the gladiator and 4 person team game. Been hearing a lot about Hierophants being the big baddie this year.:p

FirstLegion
02-03-2010, 08:06 AM
I'll be there and playing Gladiator, Team w/ Bigred, Lux, and Bulwark, as well as the championship on Sunday. Should be pretty fun!

MVBrandt
02-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Ah, the championship; I was so busy workin' on prep for my own circuit tourney that I forgot and ended up on waitlist ... playing in the Stupor Bowl unless the wait list comes up.

Darkwynn
02-03-2010, 08:29 AM
I will be there :)

Rogue428
02-03-2010, 08:34 AM
I'll be there. Playing in the Gladiator on Friday, and Championships on Sunday. My teammates waited too long and we didn't get into the team tourney. So it goes. I signed up for a couple of seminars, but I might jump in on a team that's short a guy if that happens.

Is there a Portillo's near Lombard? I could sure go for an Italian Beef Sandwich.

Lerra
02-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Wait, the team tournament is filled up already? Smeg . . .

Mycroft Holmes
02-03-2010, 01:14 PM
I'll probably go and see the end of the Gladiator on Friday, I'm signed up for classes/Battletech gaming sessions on Saturday and I'll be playing in the 40k tournament on Sunday.

Shavnir
02-03-2010, 01:31 PM
Gladiator on Friday, not sure what I'll be doing on Saturday yet.

Mycroft Holmes
02-22-2010, 05:15 PM
We're now just over a month away from Adepticon and I hope everyone gets a chance to see this thread.

Is any one going to be participating in the Friday Epic or Battle Fleet Gothic tournaments?

Kesher
02-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Me, MBG Rob Baer

C Swizzy
02-26-2010, 03:11 AM
Uno's is dog food. If you want REAL deep dish pizza you want to go to either Gino's East or Lou Malnati's. Either way you go I highly recommend the sausage patty.

There's also a Portilos down the street from the Westin and they basically have your normal Chicago style fast food but if you want an Italian Beef sammich (which you definitely want to get if you never have had one), go across the street to Buona Beef.

Madness
02-26-2010, 06:06 AM
If you want REAL pizza you have to live in Italy.

Owned.

wittdooley
02-26-2010, 06:14 AM
If you want REAL pizza you have to live in Italy.

Owned.

Unless you're looking for American Deep Dish, in which case I'm pretty sure Chicago will do juuuuust fine.

Madness
02-26-2010, 06:16 AM
But I'm closer to Italy. :(

I apologize for the excess of OT, I will ban myself from this thread now.

MVBrandt
02-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Italian pizza is good. I prefer NY and Chicago style, having tried all 3 in their cities/countries of origin pretty extensively.

PedroKantor
03-01-2010, 04:15 PM
i'll be there...
Friday - combat patrol with my Crimson Fists
Saturday - team tournie with Blood Angles
Sunday - Championships with Crimson Fists again.
Monday - 40k hangover