PDA

View Full Version : What are the shield arc facings of a imperial knight titan?

kippahjim
10-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Greetings!
Sorry if i'm repeating a question, but down in Houston we have gotten into a disagreement on what are considered the shield arc facing for the Imperial Knight. Is it a strait X on top of the Knight? or is it based on the shape of the base? or a combination of both? The Knight is wide facing forward and rear. The side arc are smaller, a good example is the ork battle wagon. It basically very narrow and has a 45 degree front and back, with 135 degree sides. My position is the front and rear arc are 135 dgrees and the side arc are 45 degrees for the knight. I really would like to know one way or the other.

JMichael
10-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Base on a vehicle has no relation to the facing.
That being said, the rulebook says to draw a line through the corners (p75). Even the example of a SM Predator is not an even 90/90/90/90 X.
If you draw a box around the top of the Knight to help see the corners then you get this 105deg Front/Rear and 75deg on the sides.
This is also the way many people also figure the facings on Eldar tanks.

Mad Cat
10-07-2014, 09:47 AM
On a Dreadnought (with no corners obviously) the arcs are 90 degrees each.

As the Knight is on a non rectangular base then I would just say 90 degrees is the best option. Particularly as the armour values are different and you get a lot of benefit from having the defensive shield on the corect facing so making the front facing say twice the size of the flank facing seems a bit unfair. How would you do it on a warhound titan that someone had not modelled on a base? 90 decrees seems fairest here too.

JMichael
10-07-2014, 09:59 AM
On a Dreadnought (with no corners obviously) the arcs are 90 degrees each.

As the Knight is on a non rectangular base then I would just say 90 degrees is the best option. Particularly as the armour values are different and you get a lot of benefit from having the defensive shield on the corect facing so making the front facing say twice the size of the flank facing seems a bit unfair. How would you do it on a warhound titan that someone had not modelled on a base? 90 decrees seems fairest here too.

Dreadnoughts are very square and super easy to draw lines through the corners.
The base on a vehicle, regardless of shape or size in no way effects the facings. I agree that the 90deg option is a good goto if you and your opponent disagree. Though in some cases (like most tracked vehicles and the Warhound) the sides have a larger facing that the front. Rhino (according to the diagram on p75) has a 148deg sides and 32deg Front/Back.