PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Assault Grenades For Nids' How do you compensate?

Samura_I_amurai
02-01-2010, 05:45 PM
First off I am not a tryanid player. Nor will I ever be. However, many of my friends are. With the new Codex out many of them feel that the lack of assault grenades for their units is the biggest problem with the new dex. (Especially in the case of the Ymgarl stealers. A unit that hides in terrain that doesn't go before the enemy in its own hiding place, where is the logic) What I would like to know is how other players are compensating for this. So Hivemind enlighten me? How do you deal with enemy units in cover?

Thanks.

SeanDMon
02-01-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm a Necron player, and I've noticed a real problem with Tyranids assaulting through cover. I place my Warriors deep into cover and I can almost guarantee that it will take at least 1 more turn that it should for the Tyranids to get into combat. And by then I've shot them to so many pieces I can pretty much win in CC just by outlasting them.

slxiii
02-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Couldn't you just equip lashwhips to as much as possible? I believe they reduce enemies to initiative 1, which is in some cases better than frags. I don't think gaunts can take them, but that is a good thing, they should never have frags imo.

BuFFo
02-01-2010, 09:40 PM
My nid opponents still assault.

AbusePuppy
02-02-2010, 03:30 AM
1. Lash Whips

2. Paroxysm/Catalst

3. Assault with something expendable first.

4. Shoot them out until they decide to come to you.

5. Place objectives outside of cover.

6. Barbed Strangler/Stranglethorn Cannon

Pick at least one of the above, preferably 2-3. Voila. Really, Genestealers are the only unit that really suffers badly from this. Hormagaunts can have issues, but that should just teach you not to use Hormagaunts for everything.