PDA

View Full Version : Doom of Malantai: The Movie

Mycroft Holmes
02-01-2010, 05:25 PM
I agree with everything he says... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I97qAyRq_F0)

scadugenga
02-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Simply a thing of wonder...

Thor
02-01-2010, 06:13 PM
My brother showed it to me a few minutes ago... i loled sooo hard... But sadly, it's mostly true....

Caldera02
02-01-2010, 06:34 PM
My brother showed it to me a few minutes ago... i loled sooo hard... But sadly, it's mostly true....

You guys do know he can die pretty easy don't you? Have you played someone who has played with the Doom yet or are you guys just whiners? All I got out of that movie is that the author is a huge whiner who can't adapt to the game. I especially love how they said our codex is already broken, that actually made me laugh. Some people just don't want anyone else's armies to be better than theirs. Get over it.

Thor
02-01-2010, 07:12 PM
You guys do know he can die pretty easy don't you? Have you played someone who has played with the Doom yet or are you guys just whiners? All I got out of that movie is that the author is a huge whiner who can't adapt to the game. I especially love how they said our codex is already broken, that actually made me laugh. Some people just don't want anyone else's armies to be better than theirs. Get over it.

First of all: No need for that tone!
Second: Yes, they definitely die pretty easily... but then again, they can cause a lot of havoc too... but if you play sensibly with it (keep it in cover or otherwise protected), it can easily dominate over any mech army... especially Eldar. Don't forget about shooting priority... for example: should I shoot the Doom, or the Trygon, or the Tyrant... by forcing your opponent to make tough calls on choosing his targets, you potentially prolong it's "life", or of something else for that matter!
Third: It's just a fun montage, take it as such - a joke, a "laugh-a-ton"...

Mizzrym
02-01-2010, 07:16 PM
i found this amusing

scadugenga
02-01-2010, 09:25 PM

Dude.

Chill.

It was pretty damned funny. Try not to read so much into it, hey?

BuFFo
02-01-2010, 09:35 PM
I laughed so loud, my gosh!

Fizyx
02-01-2010, 09:54 PM
Codicies? Really (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex)?

Joking aside, that was one of the better chops of that video I have seen. Absolutely Brilliant!

DarkLink
02-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Codicies? Really (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codex)?

You do know that the plural for Codex is Codices, right? So he's a letter off:rolleyes:.

Mycroft Holmes
02-01-2010, 11:15 PM

You've heard of jokes, right?

Also, labeling anyone who disagrees with you a 'whiner' is a pretty transparent tactic to color the debate. Maybe, not so much anger next time?

Mycroft

Herald of Nurgle
02-02-2010, 12:36 AM
Killed him with a Missile Launcher in Turn 2, thankfully (I started the game) but that was only by throwing literally all of my heavy choices at that one model.

Malantai is actually the best thing which has happened to GW, really. Controversy means people will play him, and the fact that it'll probably be FAQ'd that it doesn't affect units in transports...

The other guy
02-02-2010, 05:18 AM
first time i have ever agreed with Hitler!

rbryce
02-02-2010, 05:51 AM
that youtube vid was actually funny, theyre normally not. personally, i dont care what the thing can do, everything gets killed one way or t'other.
@ theotherguy: you are aware he did good stuff too right? before he went completely nuts. built one of the worlds best highway networks, created jobs, formed the VW company, had a hand in designing the beetle, improved healthcare, actually did what he said he would in election speeches(how many politions do that these days?). sure he did a lot wrong, like concentration camps etc, but so did we. im not a fan of hitler, but dont dismiss him, or another will come(it was a near miss with bush jnr.).

Thor
02-02-2010, 05:52 AM
first time i have ever agreed with Hitler!

The one thing I laughed the most about is picturing Hitler playing Eldar! He would be a super-fun opponent IMO :p

gcsmith
02-02-2010, 05:53 AM
Well im at school atm so any chance of a breif summary of the vid?

rbryce
02-02-2010, 05:59 AM
play it in history gc, otherwise, its hitler ranting about doom of malantai, and how his eldar stand no chance. like they ever did anyway lol

gcsmith
02-02-2010, 06:04 AM
:p eldar are the least affected by Doom in my opinion. They have faster vehicles than most, and decent leadership. Its orks i feel for, Puny LD 6 or 7 guys :p

RocketRollRebel
02-02-2010, 07:38 AM
That scene works for anything. Adolfs right tho. Needs FAQ!

Bean
02-02-2010, 08:23 AM
What movie is that scene from? I've seen it used in that sort of mock-up twice, now.

TSINI
02-02-2010, 08:28 AM
Lol,awesome

and also a double lol at the people missing the point of the video.

The debate is about the spirit leech rule, not that the tyranids codex is broken.

Although to me it does seem like people taking the wording WAY too literally and almost re-writing the rulebook in doing so. You CANNOT affect units in transports unless the rule has taken this into account (for example: parasite of mortrex's "The sarge is acting strangely" rule)

the 40k rulebook counts units inside transports as one vehicle unit - thats how the game mechanic works.

Thor
02-02-2010, 09:07 AM
What movie is that scene from? I've seen it used in that sort of mock-up twice, now.

It's a German movie "Hitler's last days". I believe the original title is "Der Untergang".

MarshalAdamar
02-02-2010, 09:22 AM
I've seen that clip used for something else too. Gencon or something but it's absolutely hilarious!

Andrew283
02-02-2010, 09:37 AM
I'm sure the clip is from "Downfall"

athanor
02-02-2010, 10:02 AM
I KNEW Hitler played Eldar... technologically advanced vehicles, occultism, and the whole racial-superiority thing... I bet the entire upper echelon of the Reich LARP as Farseers!

david5th
02-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Lof**kingl

Night System
02-02-2010, 11:33 AM
"They will probarly be banned at Adepticon"
*Girl Cries*
"Dont worry, they wont be"

ggg
02-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Brilliant- just brilliant.

Master Bryss
02-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Simply brilliantly funny.

Although I would have thought Hitler would play Orks, having read somewhere their gear was originally based on WW1 German equipment...

EDIT: Does ANYONE apart from me recognise the apostrophe in Malan'tai? Apologies for being a grammar ****.

Bigred
02-03-2010, 11:32 AM
And once again you dedicated Lounge members are the BoLS advance scouts; always poking around finding awesome stuff!

I salute you!

Mycroft Holmes
02-03-2010, 01:09 PM
haha, you're welcome.

Marshal2Crusaders
02-04-2010, 07:07 AM
So after watching this I went and found the
original scene. It was weird.

imperialsavant
02-06-2010, 05:47 AM
I've seen that clip used for something else too. Gencon or something but it's absolutely hilarious!

:D The same clip but extended was used for a Michael Jackson spoof after he died. Hilarious!!

DarkLink
02-06-2010, 02:19 PM

I've seen it used for like, a half dozen other things. And that's without looking. Check this out:
http://video.google.com/videosearch?rlz=1C1CHMA_enUS350US350&sourceid=chrome&q=hitler+rant&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=jc5tS9CCJozatgOo47GxDQ&sa=X&oi=video_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CBAQqwQwAA#