PDA

View Full Version : How many souls in a wraithguard?

Rob Godin
10-04-2014, 10:25 AM
I've just been making up a unit of wraithguard, and the model has lots of spirit stones on it.

How many active spirit-stones would be on/in a wraithguard/blade? Would it be one soul, or a collective of souls?

I know that their weapons sometimes have separate stones (esp wraithblades), but how many would be piloting/inhabiting the body of a wraithguard?

Lexington
10-04-2014, 11:52 AM
Just the one, I think - even Wraithknights and Wraithlords are only one spirit per body. The rest of the stones are decorative, or maybe they're power units?

Aaron LeClair
10-04-2014, 12:30 PM
Just the one, I think - even Wraithknights and Wraithlords are only one spirit per body. The rest of the stones are decorative, or maybe they're power units?

or maybe if the Wraith is wrecked, there is more then one stone for the soul to go to. increased chance of the soul not getting lost?

Charon
10-04-2014, 12:58 PM
1 Soul in Wraitguard/blades
1 powerful Soul in Wraithlord (Exarch, Seer, Autarch,..)
1 Soul and a twin Pilot in Wraithknight
many Souls and a living Pilot in Hemlock

DrLove42
10-04-2014, 01:57 PM
The Path of the Seer and Valedor answer. There is only one "inhabited" soul stone in a Wraithguard. And its actually stored within the head of the guard, not on display.

The surface is mostly decorative

Rob Godin
10-05-2014, 01:26 PM
Thanks guys! That is a big help

One more quick question if you don't mind. How much of the old personality would remain in the soul-stone? Would it remember its old name?
(I'm doing a elite wraith army, and want to name each model. Originally I thought there might be many souls, so was going to give each suit a name like "They who fought with passion" or "They who braved the flames")

Charon
10-05-2014, 02:09 PM
Thanks guys! That is a big help

One more quick question if you don't mind. How much of the old personality would remain in the soul-stone? Would it remember its old name?
(I'm doing a elite wraith army, and want to name each model. Originally I thought there might be many souls, so was going to give each suit a name like "They who fought with passion" or "They who braved the flames")

Depends on how "strong" the Soul is. The stronger ones (Exarch, Seer) remember everything. The weaker Wraithguard als remembers his life but mostly things he had done usually. Like some of them still try to eat/drink, some of them try to do their old professions again (with very little success),..

Most of them remember their name.

Mr Mystery
10-05-2014, 02:39 PM
Eldar Titans (at least in the olden days, may have changed) have their crew, and the souls of all those that went before.

Defenestratus
10-07-2014, 09:33 AM
Depends on how "strong" the Soul is. The stronger ones (Exarch, Seer) remember everything. The weaker Wraithguard als remembers his life but mostly things he had done usually. Like some of them still try to eat/drink, some of them try to do their old professions again (with very little success),..

Most of them remember their name.

I highly recommend to the OP that they read Valedor as it goes into great and amazing detail about the wraithkind and how they behave when NOT in combat on Iyanden. Its actually been my favorite Eldar-centric novel so far that the BL has put out. Certainly much better than the "Path" series that was a huge letdown.

Anggul
10-09-2014, 02:30 AM
The only gems on the Wraithguard models are where the loincloth attaches. Those bumps all over it are just bumps, not stones. You can tell when it's a stone because it has a casing around the edge of it. There's a spirit stone inside the head containing the spirit of one Eldar.

I've actually seen someone paint every single one of those bumps on a Wraithknight thinking they were all stones. Poor guy.

-Tom-
10-13-2014, 07:28 AM

My view would be that the 'gems' all over things are solid-state, crystalline, memory devices (and therefore function as 'soulstones' when used to hold brainwave patterns, but could just as easily be more equivalent to arrays of silicon chips in human devices). So, one could paint as many up as gems as one liked.