PDA

View Full Version : 1750 Raven Guard (Competative)

SCpt Shrike
10-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Hey guys and girls new to the forums and looking for some constructive criticism. Ive played for 17 years primarily SoB and Nids. This is my first venture into SM's.

HQ

SCapt Shrike 185
SCapt Korydae 155

Troops

5X Scout w/ 4 sniper rifles Camo cloaks 69
10X Tact Marines w/plasma gun and ML w/ flakk 180
10X Tact Marines w/plasma gun and ML w/flakk 180
8X Assault Marines 136

Elites

Dreadnought w/Muilti-melta Powerfist Drop pod 135
5X Vanguard Vets w/ 2X lightnight claws each 260
5X Vanguard Vets w/ Stormshield and Hammers 310

Fast Attack
Stormtalon Gunship w/ Assault cannon and TL lascannon 140

Total Points 1750

The whole idea of the list is to stay on the upper levels of the board and stay out if line of sight until the tacts scouts and talon weaken up the beefer units like termies and MC's. Use the hammer vets to go after low to mid armor vehicles and dread to hit that pesky AV14. Claw vets and assault marines will play mop up after the tacts weaken there target cause i personally hate wasting 19 shot on 3 guys. Im very much open for criticismso please tell me what you think.

Thanks

Katharon
10-03-2014, 01:04 AM
Not a bad list. All comes down to how you play it. I'd suggest forming your tactical marines into combat squads when you deploy them, ML and four guys sitting back in cover and be a bit aggressive with the plasma guy.

SCpt Shrike
10-03-2014, 05:44 AM
I was actually thinking about doing that. Also putting Shrike with the claws and Korvydae with the hammers. From what I've learned so far playing this army is to abuse cover as much as possible with the vets, and don't really start using them until around turn 3 and to try to make my opponent chase them around and waste shots.

xTHExCLINCHERx
10-11-2014, 05:08 AM
You can scout rhinos of tac marines up the board so I would take advantage of that. Drop the flak missiles, get a rhino for each squad, put a MM and Combi-melta on each and combat squad in the rhino. Then turn 1 you should be able to fire one squad of plasma from the hatch, and the second squad's MM.

The scouts can take bolters and maybe camo cloaks and setup behind an Aegis line with quad gun to give you decent AA. I would downgrade the stormtalon's lascannons to skyhammer missiles. To make all this work id drop the extra assault squad and if there are any points left over, get more vets for fun.

SCpt Shrike
10-13-2014, 11:44 AM
Well i had my first field test of the list Saturday at a tourney went 3-0. The only real issue i had with it WAS the tac marines. i was actually thinking about dropping them for 2 assault squads cause they were the MVP's of the day.