PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Units?

Bigred
01-31-2010, 07:22 PM
With BoLS FoW coverage kicking off, I think its time to bring some life to our Flames forum.

So what's your favorite unit and why? It can be looks, stats, special rules or anything?

Mine is the Hs-129b as I finally got my hands on 3 and it was probably one of the hardest models to pick up at the right scale a couple years back.

Go German flying tanks!

Craz
02-01-2010, 03:30 AM
Oh, gosh, this is a toss-up for me. I run LW British infantry, and I'm split between two for my favorite.

The first is just the PBI(Poor Bloody Infantry). They win me the games, and they do their jobs oh so well. Sure, they're only confident trained, but dug in they just won't die!

The second is the Firefly VC. I run this little sucker in my armoured platoon, and he makes it into this because my usual enemy usually puts at least one Tiger into his lists. That little Firefly has scored more kills than any other model in my force.

Chappy
02-07-2010, 08:24 AM
Hi, i'm new here. But definitely not new.:D

My favorite unit is the much fun Brit recce universal carrier loaded with .50 MG's. My opponents just love when they flank them and run all over the rear areas shooting up their artillery and HQ's. These guys are no tough customers but certainly pay for themselves many times over in game and create a ruckus and confusion.

Brother Hespithe
02-07-2010, 03:49 PM
My nod for a fave unit has to go to a unit of 3 Panzer II-L (Luchs) I use in my light-weight Panzerkompanie.

These three little tanks are usually the first to go, lol, but they often draw plenty of fire from my main elements in the process. The unit has a well-earned and feared reputation for taking out enemy artillery and mortar units early in the game. The last game played was a 2x2 affair with 6K total on the table. This 145pt unit of 3 light panzers were responsible for roughly 1000pts of enemy forces being removed from the game. Only one PII-L survived.

As poor as the PII is in comparision with units performing similar roles in other armies for similar costs, I still 'need' to place these guys in my panzerkompanie lists.