PDA

View Full Version : Codex wording question.

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
01-31-2010, 02:52 PM
"The Scout Sergeant may replace his boltgun and/or bolt
pistol with:
- a combi-melta, -flamer or -plasma +10 pts
- a plasma pistol +15 pts
- a power weapon +15 pts
- a power fist +25 pts"

So, can I replace his boltgun with one option, and his bolt pistol with another? (A plasma pistol and power fist, for instance.) Or can I only make one replacement? Thanks.

Melissia
01-31-2010, 02:58 PM
As far as I know, he may trade his boltgun with any of those and/or his bolt pistol with any of those, or both his gun and pistol with any of those.

bob9801
01-31-2010, 03:01 PM
yeah. you should be able to trade his 2 guns for any 2 options.

AdamHarry
01-31-2010, 03:53 PM
yea, you can totally give the scout sarge two powerfist!

sicarius2424
01-31-2010, 10:26 PM
yea, you can totally give the scout sarge two powerfist!

actually thats the only way to get a second attack for 2 weapons with a power fists and i just go by only one pistol and close compat weapon or a 2 handed weapon or i guess a 2 handed weapon and a close compat weapon (look at the stern guard sergeant) (ex. boltgun, combi-what-ever) thats what i go by besides then you would be spending alot of points on some thing that can only shoot one weapon

BuFFo
01-31-2010, 10:48 PM
"The Scout Sergeant may replace his boltgun and/or bolt
pistol with:
- a combi-melta, -flamer or -plasma +10 pts
- a plasma pistol +15 pts
- a power weapon +15 pts
- a power fist +25 pts"

So, can I replace his boltgun with one option, and his bolt pistol with another? (A plasma pistol and power fist, for instance.) Or can I only make one replacement? Thanks.

Yes you can.

Commissar Lewis
01-31-2010, 11:41 PM
Arguably, could I give a SM captain two combi-weapons? I think it's look awesome, model--wise, but am unsire as to the legality. Obviously he could only fire one.

Nabterayl
02-01-2010, 12:10 AM
Nothing wrong with that, no.

Zijan
02-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Arguably, could I give a SM captain two combi-weapons? I think it's look awesome, model--wise, but am unsire as to the legality. Obviously he could only fire one.
Absolutely.

Theoretically, you could even make your SM captain a "counts-as" Cypher, and give him a plasma pistol and a bolt pistol. You'd never be able to fire both of the simultaneously (obviously), but it would give a use to that awesome model.

david5th
02-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Yep.:)

WH40K_Fight_Club
02-06-2010, 10:32 PM
A question along the the same vein for space wolves:

1) When you buy a thunder hammer and storm shield, are they separate (both for 30) or packaged together (both for 15)

2) When Buying combis does this downgrade the storm bolter to a regular bolter or is a combi stuck on what ever bolter thy are equipped with?

---Rusty

lobster-overlord
02-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Don't know about 1), but I do know on 2). It is a Combi Bolter, unless it specifies "Combi Storm Bolter" so it down grades the bolter portion but gives you the combined portion.

Nabterayl
02-06-2010, 10:50 PM
A question along the the same vein for space wolves:

1) When you buy a thunder hammer and storm shield, are they separate (both for 30) or packaged together (both for 15)
All the options in the Space Wolves codex I can think of say "thunder hammer or storm shield," which means yes, you buy them separately. It sounds like you're thinking of the wolf lord entry, which definitely works this way.

2) When Buying combis does this downgrade the storm bolter to a regular bolter or is a combi stuck on what ever bolter thy are equipped with?
Yes, it sidegrades the storm bolter to a regular bolter plus a one-shot melta/flamer/plasma gun. "Combi-melta," "combi-flamer" and "combi-plasma" are all distinct, specific items that consist of a boltgun and a one-shot melta/flamer/plasma gun. "Combi-melta/flamer/plasma" is not code for "whatever your regular weapon is, plus a one-shot melta/flamer/plasma."

therealjohnny5
02-07-2010, 08:07 AM
here's an interesting thought. if you trade out you Bolt Pistol for a combi bolter, you no longer have a CC weapon...soooo, now you can't attack in CC? eh? eh?

lobster-overlord
02-07-2010, 08:21 AM
They've long ago established that even if the model only has a bolter, or the stats do not have a CCW, the model still gets attacks in close combat based on their profile. They get to use the bolter as a club and butt-stroke someone across the face.

But if you upgrade the bolt pistol to a combi and the figure still has a CCW like a chainsword, they lose would lose any bonuses conferred for having two CCWs.

John M>