PDA

View Full Version : Cerastus Knight Burninator

Mr Mystery
09-26-2014, 01:41 AM
Okay, so it's actually a Knight Cerastus Acheron. But Buninating is what it does! (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/CERASTUS_KNIGHT_ACHERON.html)

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/acheron_1.jpg

Relly quite nice.

Flamestorm, S7 AP3 is frankly always good for a giggle. Heavy Bolters are likewise very nice. Reaper Chainfist re-rolling 1's on the Destroyer Table is superduper, frankly.

£170, in line with all the other Cerastus chassis.

Tyrendian
09-26-2014, 02:38 AM
ouch... very nice that thing...

eldargal
09-26-2014, 02:40 AM
How many knight variants now? For gods sake FW how about a Wraithknight conversion kit.

Mr Mystery
09-26-2014, 03:34 AM
Four by my count.

3 Cerastus Chassis, and last week's Mechanicum one.

And no. Dirty Xenos don't get nice toys. You know this. :p

CoffeeGrunt
09-26-2014, 04:37 AM
Unless you're Tau, in which case you're just a better person and are rewarded with the R'varna and Y'vahra as a result. :P

Mr Mystery
09-26-2014, 04:40 AM
And what does the Y'vahra do again :p

CoffeeGrunt
09-26-2014, 04:43 AM
Reportedly, it can charge up and become an FMC, which is hilarious.

iheartgrimdark
09-26-2014, 05:10 AM
Nicest variant yet. Hope the bring out the heavy knight on a different chassis.

Brakkart
09-26-2014, 06:34 AM
Ohh I really like this one, a bit more siege oriented with a chainfist to rip open buildings and a flame cannon to incinerate anyone lurking in them. Of all the Knight variants so far this has to be my favourite and the most suited to get as a LoW for my Imperial Fists.

Gwhizz84
09-26-2014, 06:37 AM
I like the look in general tbh, but the head just screams cyberman from doctor who ;<

Neelam
09-26-2014, 08:29 AM
I hope one day I'll read a post from Eldargirl, in the News and Rumour in which she neither complains about the release nor moans about the lack of Xenos releases recently.

Great looking knight , not so lean on the helmet but I guess that's an easy fix .

eldargal
09-26-2014, 08:36 AM
Not going to happen.

Gotthammer
09-26-2014, 08:48 AM
Daren Parrwood: To sculpt a knight it's pretty easy. To begin sculpt an 'S'. For snake. Or Knight. Or whatever. Then you sculpt a more different 'S'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gz1DIIxmEE

TROGDOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!

Deadlift
09-26-2014, 09:01 AM
I hope one day I'll read a post from Eldargirl, in the News and Rumour in which she neither complains about the release nor moans about the lack of Xenos releases recently.

Just be happy she's not moaning about it not having a female sculpt. However I do agree with her on this. C'mon FW the Riptide got a bit of loving, and the Imperial Knights your pumping out are all very nice. But let's see some Wraith Knight pimpin, it's a beautiful model worthy of some attention.

eldargal
09-26-2014, 09:02 AM
Well the lack of female pilot figure goes without saying.:p

Archon
09-26-2014, 03:17 PM
These Knights become very boring. I like the basic-model much but these variants are not very inspiring.

What about a slaaneshi subjugator (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Slaanesh_Subjugator)?

George Labour
09-26-2014, 08:08 PM
SOmeone correct me if I'm wrong but hellstorm templates do not use the torrent rules correct?

If so this thing may have a few problems employing its main weapon before a wise opponent flattens it, thus wasting 415 points. On the plus side it could conceivably wipe out entire squadrons of light vehicles, and entire IG platoons if handled properly.

Houghten
09-26-2014, 09:30 PM
Back when the Riptide first came out, I reckoned that Forge World would soon be producing alternative weapon kits for it on the basis that they'd be daft not to. And, indeed, it only took them five months to come up with the R'Varna.

I naturally assumed they'd do the same for the Wraithknight, but it's been that same five months plus a whole year on top and no sign of so much as an alternative shoulder weapon, let alone the Bright Stallion I dream of.

George Labour
09-26-2014, 10:13 PM
To be fair I can't think of anything that would be a nice addition to the base kit,and a bright stallion would require quite a bit of work for what is possibly a very very niche item. Also FW's focus seems to be on heresy items right now and that's pretty much an imperium centric squabble.

Also for every knight we get we also get some even more awesome Mechanicum toys to go with them. Thus I'm quite content with the status quo for the moment.

Houghten
09-27-2014, 05:11 AM
I can think of some things: Shoulder-mounted D-scythes. Left-handed ghostglaives to swap out the scattershield for +1A. An axe-shaped ghostglaive (probably with Sunder and Shred to simulate being stronger than S10 without actually being Destroyer) and a bigger force shield (for a straight-up 4++ without Blind). A giant scatter laser. A ghosthelm. Armour plates with pre-moulded runes.

Need I go on?

Charon
09-27-2014, 05:18 AM
A Dark Eldar conversion kit for the Revenant Titan if neither GW nor Forgeworld can be arsed to give us our own LoW.

Mr Mystery
09-27-2014, 05:28 AM
Warlock one

That is all.

Gotthammer
09-27-2014, 06:19 AM
Given Jes Goodwin was apparently miffed at them doing the Phantom makes me wonder if FW're being hands-off on the Eldar due to that. Or just that Imps rake in the dosh.

Denzark
09-27-2014, 08:58 AM
SOmeone correct me if I'm wrong but hellstorm templates do not use the torrent rules correct?

If so this thing may have a few problems employing its main weapon before a wise opponent flattens it, thus wasting 415 points. On the plus side it could conceivably wipe out entire squadrons of light vehicles, and entire IG platoons if handled properly.

AP3 will find it hard to wipe out an entire Sqn of light vehicles unless they are open topped...

Mr Mystery
09-27-2014, 11:13 AM
There is that!

Brakkart
09-27-2014, 12:53 PM
Given Jes Goodwin was apparently miffed at them doing the Phantom makes me wonder if FW're being hands-off on the Eldar due to that. Or just that Imps rake in the dosh.

Really? Why would he be miffed at this, I mean it's not like GW were ever going to do it, too big and thus too niche for them to bother with. Seems a weird thing for him (or anyone really) to get their knickers in a twist over.

eldargal
09-28-2014, 12:16 AM
From memory they didn't consult him or ask permission or something. I can understand it, Eldar are his baby and he is always involved with the design process even when he doesn't do the sculpts so having something as big as the Phantom done without his input would be kind of galling.

MajorWesJanson
09-28-2014, 07:25 AM
AP3 will find it hard to wipe out an entire Sqn of light vehicles unless they are open topped...

Yeah, like Orks or Dark Eldar. And as a bonus, it will basically kill d6 models inside each vehicle it hits thanks to no escape! This is a handy buff to finally take down some of those overpowered forces.

George Labour
09-28-2014, 08:22 AM
Derp silly me. I forgot about needing a 7 to exploderate vehicles.

Still I did say conceivably so...I'm not entirely wrong.

eldargal
09-28-2014, 09:27 AM
Yeah, like Orks or Dark Eldar. And as a bonus, it will basically kill d6 models inside each vehicle it hits thanks to no escape! This is a handy buff to finally take down some of those overpowered forces.

Yeah at this point FW are really just making even more tools for the Imperium to use against armies with vastly fewer tools of their own. It's one reason why I'm sick of eternal knight and land raider variants.

CoffeeGrunt
09-28-2014, 01:18 PM
*Hides new Macharius Vulcan from the torch-bearing mob.*

Krefey
10-02-2014, 12:51 AM
From memory they didn't consult him or ask permission or something. I can understand it, Eldar are his baby and he is always involved with the design process even when he doesn't do the sculpts so having something as big as the Phantom done without his input would be kind of galling.

Apart from the glaive CCW thing, I think they did a good job of it though. I would have preferred to see a titan powerfist over the glaive personally.

Defenestratus
10-02-2014, 07:56 AM
I can think of some things: Shoulder-mounted D-scythes. Left-handed ghostglaives to swap out the scattershield for +1A. An axe-shaped ghostglaive (probably with Sunder and Shred to simulate being stronger than S10 without actually being Destroyer) and a bigger force shield (for a straight-up 4++ without Blind). A giant scatter laser. A ghosthelm. Armour plates with pre-moulded runes.

Need I go on?

As my dear friend Lexington put it, "Dude, FW Can't hear your complaints over the sound of piles of cash being dropped in through their office vents due to Heresy and all these knights."

I didn't wait for FW. I got fed up with the lack of 2 CCW's so I made my own.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-YGZrCQv3QSM/VBXXA6YCSjI/AAAAAAAAxpg/gahiVUaHlb4/w487-h865-no/20140914_125720.jpg

Mr Mystery
10-02-2014, 08:01 AM
That's cool. Where'd you get them blades from?

And really liking the paint job on the noggin in particular!

eldargal
10-02-2014, 08:02 AM
Very, very pretty, Defenstratus.

Defenestratus
10-02-2014, 08:04 AM
Apart from the glaive CCW thing, I think they did a good job of it though. I would have preferred to see a titan powerfist over the glaive personally.

I actually like the glaive. See above :P

- - - Updated - - -

That's cool. Where'd you get them blades from?

And really liking the paint job on the noggin in particular!

Thank You!

I've got like... 6 wraithknights (only three assembled) so I have a couple kits to choose from.

The faceplate is tres simple to paint.... just start drybrushing the darkest red on black in the areas you want to build up, and when you get enough coverage you move to the next color.

40kGamer
10-02-2014, 08:08 AM
Looks great! The gemstones turned out very nice and the double ccw looks nasty!

Mr Mystery
10-02-2014, 08:08 AM
Sweet!

Right, as I'm off to Warhammerfest in but...erm....9ish days, I shall gatecrash/gain legitimate entry to Forgeworld seminars, and interrogate them about Wraithknight conversion bits.

What I want?

1. Warlock version. You get Warlock Titans, why not Warlock Wraithknights?
2. That horesy one wot's name escapes me at the moment.
3. Going completely and utterly daft - Aspect type upgrades, like a mahoosive Bumshee Mask or Scorpion dakkajaws and that. I did say it was daft!

Defenestratus
10-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Very, very pretty, Defenstratus.

Danke.

Don't wanna hijack the thread with my crap but here's the family so far (with piles of jetbikes that I need to paint). Still need to ardcoat the first one I painted and also the WSeer

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Zn6lG2DllSs/VC1b06U9LuI/AAAAAAAAxpw/LpgBiB0c3S8/w1538-h865-no/20141002_090605.jpg

The pose for "double blade" is based off of a warp spider exarch picture that I've always been somewhat fond of.

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet!

Right, as I'm off to Warhammerfest in but...erm....9ish days, I shall gatecrash/gain legitimate entry to Forgeworld seminars, and interrogate them about Wraithknight conversion bits.

What I want?

1. Warlock version. You get Warlock Titans, why not Warlock Wraithknights?
2. That horesy one wot's name escapes me at the moment.
3. Going completely and utterly daft - Aspect type upgrades, like a mahoosive Bumshee Mask or Scorpion dakkajaws and that. I did say it was daft!

Setting aside all the disagreements I've had with you in the past, if you did this, I'd buy you a pint.

#2: Bright stallion (which can be done with two WK kits)

Mr Mystery
10-02-2014, 08:15 AM
The magic of BoLs - disagreements to tend stay in the one thread :p

Will defo be asking as I really like my big kits. I think they look spectacular on the battlefield, and I really, really enjoy smashing them in game, so the moar the merrier as far as I'm concerned.

CoffeeGrunt
10-02-2014, 10:47 AM
What a happy family!

Someone at my LGS did the dual-wield conversion, only with it wielding them as swords rather than attached to the wrists.