PDA

View Full Version : Leman Russ Annihilator

bob9801
01-30-2010, 10:19 PM
In the Imperial Armor book it says the Leman Russ Annihilator costs 130+ weapons. then it goes on to say that it can be upgraded with various things. the list is not as extensive as the IG codex lists. I have only ever read the new codex but from older posts it sounds like the demolisher was the only tank that could have plasma cannon sponsons before and now they all can. If I were to use the annihilator would I conventionally be limited to the IA book listing or would I use the base of 130 and any upgrades from the codex? I know that as long as my opponent agrees I can do whatever I want, but is there a convention?

lobster-overlord
01-30-2010, 10:23 PM
but is there a convention?

Yes there is a convention on this. You are limited to what your codex (or IA book in this case) lists. Unless, as you stated, your opponent agrees to the change.

bob9801
01-30-2010, 11:57 PM
That doesn't answer my question exactly. I mean is there a convention for incorporating FW rules and models into standard codex rules?

In this case the codex says any model in the leman russ squadron can take plasma cannon sponsons, for example. but the FW entry says the annihilator can take HB sponsons and ends there.

Aldramelech
01-31-2010, 12:04 AM
Goodbye

Nabterayl
01-31-2010, 01:18 AM
That doesn't answer my question exactly. I mean is there a convention for incorporating FW rules and models into standard codex rules?
What lobster-overlord was saying is that the convention is that you don't incorporate, period. If the Annihilator doesn't list options that other Leman Russ chassis do have (and that common sense tells you the Annihilator ought to have also), the convention is ... that the Annihilator doesn't get those options.

Of course, lots of opponents and gaming groups are more flexible than this. But the only convention I'm aware of is the above.

bob9801
01-31-2010, 03:00 AM
ok. thanks for the clarification

Rev. Tiberius Jackhammer
01-31-2010, 09:18 AM
Your main issue is that you seem to be using outdated rules - have you checked out the new Imperial Armour 1 update .pdf? http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/pdf/IA1update28AUG.pdf Annihilator's in there (it's 150 points now), and has the same options as the rest.

bob9801
01-31-2010, 12:42 PM
ok cool. that is exactly what I thought it should look like but I didn't see the update. thanks

lobster-overlord
01-31-2010, 04:30 PM
That's kinda cool that the IA stuff is more of a living army rather than static based on just the book. Very neat to see them update it like that. Too bad GW doesn't do that for the armies.

Zijan
02-03-2010, 01:02 PM
But they do! It's called the "If you're lucky and we care about your army, you can buy a new codex next edition!" policy.

It would be nice though. At least they seem to be releasing reasonably functional FAQs under a short time frame.