PDA

View Full Version : Wii U?

Mr Mystery
09-21-2014, 05:59 AM
How do?

So, in a mood to get my Zelda on by the end of the year, and I understand Nintendo have, or are about to, put every Zelda game up for download on their store.

Question is, what has your experience been with the Wii U and the online store? Any issues or problems? Can I do it with just a Wii?

All help gratefully received!

Kirsten
09-21-2014, 06:02 AM
I love my Wii U. the Nintendo store works fine through the console, though if you look at it on a PC it is a terrible, terrible piece of &^%$. for all of Nintendo's stellar innovations, their web design and general approach to online accounts/Nintendo ID, is truly dreadful they seem to think it is still the 1990's. but, works fine through the actual console as I said. You can get most of it on a Wii, but there is more available on the Wii U, and the Wii U has the Windwaker HD release, the new Zelda HD isn't too far away now. I picked up Hyrule Warriors yesterday and am really enjoying it.

Mr Mystery
09-21-2014, 07:23 AM
Groovy.

What are the prices like on the Nintendo Store out of interest?

eldargal
09-21-2014, 07:24 AM
Tempted to get one myself mainly because:

a) Never played a Zelda game
b) So many Wii based puns I could make, it will be wiidiculous.

Mr Mystery
09-21-2014, 07:29 AM
I love the Zelda games. Nice bit of tactical hackyslashy, rather than turn based combat which I have never really taken to that well.

Plus, as with many things I'm mostly stuck in the past of gaming. I don't want frustrating games. I don't want particularly challenging games. I just want them to be fun - something which I find many modern games tend to forget about.

eldargal
09-21-2014, 07:34 AM
Is there one where you can play as Zelda yet? Or Lady Link? Wiill get a Wii U and buy that when it happens.

Mr Mystery
09-21-2014, 07:43 AM
SERENDIPITOUS! (http://zelda.com/hyrule-warriors/)

Deadlift
09-21-2014, 08:19 AM
I have very fond memories of "Ocarana of Time" has to be in my top 5 all time favorites.

Mr Mystery
09-21-2014, 08:25 AM
Yup.

Just really fun games. I've played all of them released up to the Wii, and completed each one I have played (well, except the original, never played that one).

I think A Link to the Past is my favourite overall. Mixture of excellent game, and happy memories (SNES was the first console I bought with my own money, funding a purchase from my Mum's catalogue using Paper Round money. Just a shame my Bro was a dickhead and got to the delivery before I did....)

Kirsten
09-21-2014, 08:38 AM
Groovy.

What are the prices like on the Nintendo Store out of interest?

depends on the game, the old retro games for download, about £5.49 usually. definitely get NES Remix as well.

Tempted to get one myself mainly because:

a) Never played a Zelda game
b) So many Wii based puns I could make, it will be wiidiculous.

Zelda is my all time favourite game series. amazing gameplay, incredible characters, awesome story... honestly they get me through the bad days too, put the game on, or the orchestral sound track CD...

Is there one where you can play as Zelda yet? Or Lady Link? Wiill get a Wii U and buy that when it happens.

yeah, Hyrule Warriors is a Dynasty Warriors/Zelda mashup, good fun so far, and a whole bucket load of female characters, really hitting it out of the park with Zelda, Sheik, Impa, Agitha, Midna, Ruto, and Lana.

Link to the Past is still my favourite.

Mr Mystery
09-21-2014, 08:41 AM
Sold and sold! October's pay ought to suffice, and NES Remix ought to keep me well busy until November!

Kirsten
09-21-2014, 09:12 AM
yeah I love NES Remix, not picked up the second one yet, but the first one is great fun. handy if you have nostalgic mates round as well because you can take it in turns. Nintendo Land that comes with the console is a surprisingly excellent series of multi player minigames. also, if you want some Wii Remotes to go with it for multi player gaming, buy the Wii Party U game, which comes with a free Wii Remote. same price as the Wii Remote on its' own, and the party game can be traded in. I paid £40 for the remote and game, then traded the game in for £30. Brand new Wii Remote for £10? yes please.

you can download the original two NES Zeldas, Link to the Past, and Minnish Cap.

Mr Mystery
09-21-2014, 12:40 PM
Double Groovy!

Kirsten
09-21-2014, 03:38 PM
yeah it is a great console that hasn't received the love it deserves. but it has picked up a lot since Mario Kart came out a couple of months ago, and Smash Brothers is out soon.

Psychosplodge
09-22-2014, 01:57 AM
I have very fond memories of "Ocarana of Time" has to be in my top 5 all time favorites.

****ing water temple

Mystery they're definitely fun. Out of the wii u and the PS4 I've spent more time on the wii u.

Mr Mystery
09-22-2014, 05:54 AM
****ing water temple

Mystery they're definitely fun. Out of the wii u and the PS4 I've spent more time on the wii u.

Water Temple - thanks for the reminder, you git :p