PDA

View Full Version : Questoris Knight Magaera

Mr Mystery
09-19-2014, 04:33 AM
Phwoar! Moar Knightly goodness from Forgeworld (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/QUESTORIS_KNIGHT_MAGAERA.html), and I do believe at £110 this is the first resin/plastic hybrid variant.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/mech-knight-magaera1.jpg

Magaera type Knights are most often used as shock assault units, breaching the most heavily defended enemy positions, while shrugging off heavy weapons fire and self-repairing even devastating weapon strikes in a few minutes. To aid in this role it is armed with a complex lightning cannon, using focussed electro-magnetic beams to vaporise infantry and blast apart armour.

Designed by Rob Macfarlane, the Questoris Knight Magaera is a complete multi-part resin and plastic kit and is available to pre-order now for despatch from Friday 26th September.

Rules for using the Questoris Knight Magaera have been uploaded to our Downloads section.

CoffeeGrunt
09-19-2014, 04:43 AM
As gorgeous as that is, I'm still twitching for the rules and release of the Y'Havra. Come on Forge World, don't forget your other line of big, bad mechs!

AirHorse
09-19-2014, 05:55 AM
As gorgeous as that is, I'm still twitching for the rules and release of the Y'Havra. Come on Forge World, don't forget your other line of big, bag mechs!

Is a bag mech what you find in the mechanicum super markets? :D

Also, quite like that new knight! I thought the knights might get a bit boring, but they are doing a pretty nice job so far!!

energongoodie
09-19-2014, 05:59 AM
I like this puppy alot. I ain't buying it yet though. It was shown off at open day europe with a different gun arm that looks Volkite-ish. I'm waiting for that.

George Labour
09-19-2014, 07:25 AM
Hopefully they'll get around to putting those rules in the download section shortly. I'm very curious to see if it'll be worth adding one as my Warlord.

Nick1080
09-19-2014, 07:25 AM
So if the Lancer/Castigator/Acheron Knight frame is known as the Cerastus and this beetle-backed thingumy is a Questoris, what's the knight chassis name for the regular plastic errant and paladin?

Mr Mystery
09-19-2014, 07:43 AM
Dave Chassis.

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully they'll get around to putting those rules in the download section shortly. I'm very curious to see if it'll be worth adding one as my Warlord.

They're already up.

Follow the first hyperlink (under the word 'Rules') on the FW Website.

Tyrendian
09-19-2014, 08:01 AM
Dave Chassis.

- - - Updated - - -

They're already up.

Follow the first hyperlink (under the word 'Rules') on the FW Website.

ah... I was following the "Downloads" link (didn't even notice the other one...) to the section and it doesn't show up there yet... silly geese...

Mr Mystery
09-19-2014, 08:47 AM
That shield is well good! 4+ Invulnerable on chosen facing, and -1S on stuff that does get through, -2 if it's a blast or template. Luvverly!

George Labour
09-19-2014, 09:10 AM
So 420 points if you go with the claw...trying to decide if that's worth it. It's a nice template weapon and if you fight someone with lots of fortifications it may come in handy but I think I'll just be using the claw for looks myself.

Also has anyone else noticed that all these FW knights are costed at just the right amount to keep you from fielding one, plus Gerantius and 3 normal knights in a 2000 point list? It's almost as if they want you to think about your choices or something. 0.0

Mr Mystery
09-19-2014, 09:15 AM
All about the rad weapon....

Sure, knocking a point of Toughness off a unit about to get D to the face (stop giggling at the back) is a waste. But....combo charge? You can zap three units...

Lightning Cannon something distance. Plasma Fusil the unit about to get a shoeing off the Knight, and give a dose of Radnasty to something about to be assaulted by another unit....

CoffeeGrunt
09-19-2014, 09:19 AM
Remember it's only -1T on models that lose a Wound to it and survive, making it only relevant on multi-Wound models and then only if it part-Wounds a majority of them.

Mr Mystery
09-19-2014, 09:24 AM
True enough.

Could have sworn it was the unit normally!

energongoodie
09-19-2014, 09:41 AM
The standard battle cannon has 1 extra shot with 1 point higher strength. Yes the lighyning canon has rending so can hurt 2+ armour and shred is nice but is it better than the basic battle cannon?

Where are those Math Hammer guys when I need them?

Math Hammer guys... ASSEMBLE!

Kirsten
09-19-2014, 09:55 AM
looks awesome, I like it. and a phased plasma fusil in the 30 watt range.

Charon
09-19-2014, 09:55 AM
The standard battle cannon has 1 extra shot with 1 point higher strength. Yes the lighyning canon has rending so can hurt 2+ armour and shred is nice but is it better than the basic battle cannon?

Where are those Math Hammer guys when I need them?

Math Hammer guys... ASSEMBLE!

Not really a math hammer task.
They are quite equal with advantages for the Battlecannon against Vehicles and all upt to 3+ save.
The Lightning Cannon on the other hand is a bit better against targets with a 2+ save (still not worth).

I would prefer the Battlecannon as it is able to generate more hits (and you will wound most units on a 2+ anyways so the reroll from the Lightning Cannon is not as good as it sounds) also the Battlecannon is more likely to score a hit (as you have 2 attempts).

Kirsten
09-19-2014, 09:56 AM
the question really is why aren't you taking one with a battle cannon and one with a lightning cannon? :p

Asymmetrical Xeno
09-19-2014, 10:03 AM
It exemplifies the admech knight look very well to create a distinctive look.

Theik
09-19-2014, 10:04 AM
I am completely confused.

For 110 GBP, are we buying: A 85 GBP game's workshop plastic kit and 25 GBP worth of resin upgrades (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/magaera-comp.jpg) or are we buying 110 GBP worth of resin upgrades?

This is either a really bad deal in resin or a really good deal, compared to the HOUSE TERRYN UPGRADE KIT which has 15 GBP worth of resin with only about half as much resin in it. But why didn't they just sell that 25GBP resin pack separately?

Charon
09-19-2014, 10:04 AM
Mostly because I dont belong to the imperial faction which seems to get all the shinies.

@ Theik:

Questoris Knight Magaera is a complete multi-part resin and plastic kit

So I guess its both. If something is not includes they tend to state that or fade the parts out like here

Contemptor Pattern Dreadnought arms shown in some images sold separately.

or here

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/DefaultFW/xlarge/sal-con1.jpg

energongoodie
09-19-2014, 10:16 AM
Not really a math hammer task.

Yeah, i know :) But I really wanted to type Math Hammer guys assemble.

I agree with your assessment.
I'm gonna wait for the other arm option and see what that's like. I do really like the mech aesthetic on this so I do intend to get one.

DWest
09-19-2014, 12:35 PM
I am completely confused.

For 110 GBP, are we buying: A 85 GBP game's workshop plastic kit and 25 GBP worth of resin upgrades (http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/Product/AlternativeFW/xlarge/magaera-comp.jpg) or are we buying 110 GBP worth of resin upgrades?

Somewhere in the middle, actually; the way the standard plastic sprues are rigged, you only need 2 of the 3 to make the plastic bits for this kit, so you're getting ~60 quid of Knight kit + ~50 quid of resin topper.

George Labour
09-19-2014, 01:25 PM
Well while it may not get as many hits as a Paladin I imagine it'll last just a bit longer with its quasi It Will Not Die, and funky shield abilities. All for only 20 more points than the Paladin.

YorkNecromancer
09-19-2014, 02:49 PM
Looks like a pleasingly simple DIY-from-styrene conversion job too. Very nice. :)

the question really is why aren't you taking one with a battle cannon and one with a lightning cannon?

Merciful Omnissiah, yes.

BRING ME GUN KNIGHTS.

SadisticMagician
09-21-2014, 07:43 AM
So if the Lancer/Castigator/Acheron Knight frame is known as the Cerastus and this beetle-backed thingumy is a Questoris, what's the knight chassis name for the regular plastic errant and paladin?

The Questoris is the 'standard' knight chassis. This is basically the same.

Mr Mystery
09-21-2014, 07:49 AM
Looks like a pleasingly simple DIY-from-styrene conversion job too. Very nice. :)

Merciful Omnissiah, yes.

BRING ME GUN KNIGHTS.

From the sketches shown off, I think they're on their way :)