PDA

View Full Version : Printing Images onto vehicle armour

Nauta Vei
01-30-2010, 07:38 AM
I remember seeing some where a tutorial where someone had printed images onto thin plasticard and then attached it to a rhino as spaced armour, but I cant for the life of me find it now, perhaps it was a dream.
Anyone else seen this?

Cryl
02-05-2010, 05:31 AM
That's quite a clever idea. Not sure how many different armies it'll work for as the background is kinda limited by the imagery you want to print out but it's a decent idea for most Imperial forces.

Nauta Vei
02-05-2010, 05:31 AM
I managed to find it,

http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17525

Nauta Vei
02-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Agreed, however there is nothing stopping you creating something on paintshop yourself on paintshop or something for whichever army you have got, personally the idea of mural's on vehicles only really works for Imperial or traitor armies anyway.
On a side note instead of printing to paper like in the tutorial how about the idea of printing to very thin plasticard and then painting it in, this I may try.

Vorlon
02-05-2010, 05:46 PM
That is a really cool idea. Another way to elaborate on this would be to overlay the image on the plasticard and carve the image with and x-acto knife and give it a nice heavy wash with black or what ever color you want. Over all it would give the effect more "depth" like the Marneus Calgar landraider. Just a thought.

tjkopena
02-06-2010, 08:49 AM
I would be wary of printing directly on plasticard. I could be wrong, but I would assume the ink will just sit on the surface and smudge all over the plasticard.