PDA

View Full Version : Using ALL of the detachments... but seriously, any good?

xTHExCLINCHERx
09-16-2014, 02:38 PM
Trying to figure out how to deliver a few large assault threats quickly and simultaneously, and I stumbled across some (I think) more clarified wording of the "Scout" rule in the 7th ed. rule book and how it may be conferred...

1850 points

Combined Arms Detachment - (Primary Detachment)
Sentinels of Terra

HQ
Lysander (Warlord)
Command Squad - drop pod, apothecary, melta gun x4

Troops
Scout Squad (5) - bolters, land speeder storm w/heavy flamer

Elites
Assault Terminators (5) - th/ss x4, land raider redeemer

Inquisitorial Detachment

HQ
Ordo Xenos Inquisitor - rad grenades, liber heresius

Imperial Knight Detachment

Knight Errant

Officio Assassinorum Dataslate

Elites
Culexus Assassin

The plan is to use Lysander's melta pod for some anti-tank (and boosts his survivability thanks to the FnP), and use the Liber Heresius turn 1 to Scout move the LRR forward. That accompanied by the Knight advancing, the Assassin already up the board, and Lysander awaiting assault next turn, I think there will be some nice potential for a turn 2 assault. The Scouts are great for infiltrating/scouting/outflanking for potential pressure at the start, and are also great when deepstriking thanks to "close range bolter drill"... and their heavy flameres handle hordes, even on turn 1.

The meta around me has lots of Space Marines, Orks, Eldar (wave serpent spam) and Tau - so I'm pretty sure I'd be up against those armies a lot more than others.

I know it uses just about every Detachment I can, but hey... I'm forging a narrative ;) haha

Thoughts?

Anggul
09-17-2014, 05:16 AM
You already have so much anti-infantry (especially flamers) you would probably be better off with a lascannon Land Raider.

Actually, you're playing Imperial Fists. Get yourself some Devastators.

xTHExCLINCHERx
09-17-2014, 08:02 AM
Hmm, how many can the God-Hammer pattern Land Raider transport? I sort of think it can only hold 6... but I'll have to check. If it can transport my Terminator squad, it would be a good option to consider!

I agree that Imperial Fists Devastators are really awesome, and I've enjoyed using them before, but they just don't fit the theme of in-your-face aggressiveness I'm going for.

Anggul
09-18-2014, 07:36 AM
It can carry 10, so can carry 5 Terminators.

If you don't want to use Devastators then you'll probably be better off with other chapter tactics. You don't really have anything specific so you could just go for Iron Hands.

xTHExCLINCHERx
09-18-2014, 12:30 PM
It can carry 10, so can carry 5 Terminators.

If you don't want to use Devastators then you'll probably be better off with other chapter tactics. You don't really have anything specific so you could just go for Iron Hands.

The list makes use of Lysander, also unlocking the Command Squad (who is Imperial Fists / Sentinels of Terra) specific. Also, all my Scouts benefit from close range bolter drill so I definitely am loving the Chapter Tactics, but thanks for the feedback!