PDA

View Full Version : Kicking Nagahs in the pills.....

Mr Mystery
09-12-2014, 11:21 AM
How do?

He's big, he's bad, he's dead 'ard, and lordy, I'm not sure how to stop him!

As with the title - this thread is about how to effectively knack, chin, bray and hoof Nagash back into his grave.

Obvious ones first, which is great if you're Empire, Stunties or Ogres, and not so much if you're anyone else at all in the history of the Old World ever.....Cannons, and lots of them. To the face. Over and over and over again until he starts crying. And then some more just for good measure.

Anyone else got cunning plans up their sleeves to putting the kibosh on Nagash?

Wolfshade
09-12-2014, 12:50 PM
In my local GW a mounted Bret. Lord took him down in cc..

White Tiger88
09-12-2014, 09:36 PM
4 Boltthrowers + Alith Anar and 13 shadow warriors take him out nicely........(On turn one if you go first and get lucky XD)

Majorapat
09-14-2014, 04:10 AM
I've a game coming up where I plan to blend him down with some spellweaver enhanced Wildwood Rangers.

The_Gonk
09-14-2014, 12:47 PM
I've a game coming up where I plan to blend him down with some spellweaver enhanced Wildwood Rangers.

It might be tricky to get the combat you need, as a single model he's fairly mobile. You'd need a ton of bow shots to bring him down though so I'm not sure what might work. Weirdly, maybe Lore of Metal might not be a bad one to deal with him.

I'm hoping to get a game against him in the next month. I think with my Empire it may not be too bad - Cannons + Light Council, if I do some dirty tailoring. With my Beastmen though..... Wow, he'll be tough! Double Miasma + Purple Sun is a huge amount of magic to try and get off and probably impractical. Amber spear won't do it fast enough and he'll murderise most things I can get in to him! It's a tricky one.

MajorMcNicol
09-15-2014, 11:07 AM
As a pragmatic son of Bretonnia myself, I was thinking 2-3 Trebuchets backed up by a Heroic Killing Blow lord.

Great cannons and cannons in large numbers might also be a winning strategy.

The_Gonk
09-16-2014, 10:09 AM
As a pragmatic son of Bretonnia myself, I was thinking 2-3 Trebuchets backed up by a Heroic Killing Blow lord.

Great cannons and cannons in large numbers might also be a winning strategy.

The HKB Lord is always a goer!

White Tiger88
09-20-2014, 12:01 AM
Is it bad i am now ROOTING for Nagash to kill all the $(#@ing Humans and dwarfs?

Deadlift
09-20-2014, 01:34 AM
Is it bad i am now ROOTING for Nagash to kill all the $(#@ing Humans and dwarfs?

Yes it is. ;)

Sven Miller
10-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Well, i found a skaven warlord with fellblade managed to take him out a few times... i thought he would have learnt the first time. Failing that, warp lightning and lots of it.

The Madman
10-01-2014, 01:37 PM
my empire friend has one answer - cannons.

Nagash ain't that hard to kill, considering he's T7 with a 4+/4++; I'm fairly confident my daemon prince can pull it off on his own.

Xathrodox86
10-28-2014, 05:37 AM
How viable are assasination spells against Nagash? I play Empire, but don't want to fall into "all the cannons, all the time" shtick.

Purple sun him to death perhaps?

Mr Mystery
10-28-2014, 05:40 AM
He's got a really good I value - so without prior tinkering from lower powered spells to drop that down, not massively reliable - though Nagash does of course have Sod's Law working against him on that one.

Xathrodox86
10-29-2014, 01:01 PM
Sod's law? I'm unfamilliar with that term. Care to explain? :)

Houghten
10-29-2014, 01:04 PM
You might know it as Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will.

Sod's Law adds "usually at the worst possible time."

flipchuck
11-09-2014, 01:40 PM
How viable are assasination spells against Nagash? I play Empire, but don't want to fall into "all the cannons, all the time" shtick.

Purple sun him to death perhaps?

With special characters Karl Franz with Sigmar's hammer. Or now Karl assendented (or however you spell it)

No special characters: a Grand Master Templar with a Runefang with Other Trickter's Shard. Stick him in a unit of Inner Circle knights. With. A WS of 6, you have a better chance of hitting Nagahs then with Great Cannons. Cheaper too and the Runefang doesn't care about toughness of 7.

Xaric
07-14-2015, 01:26 PM
Use models that deal mortal wounds and rending attacks also deny his magic.

kaboomzi
08-01-2015, 11:04 AM
As a Lizardmen player I blast him with magic and drown him in wounds caused by Chameleon skinks who ambush him. Whichever route you end up choosing, just press hard and never let up. He's got all kinds of magic shenanigans and such, so just don't let up on him by getting distracted by his summoning etc

nsc
08-04-2015, 08:01 AM
Jezzails and warp lightning cannons.

Crackle-boom!