PDA

View Full Version : Stormlord Superheavy Tank in Praetorian colors.

odinsgrandson
01-28-2010, 11:54 AM
Here is a Stormlord that I finished recently for a Praetorian Imperial Guard force (as a commission). This is definitely a centerpiece for the army.

Commentary is always welcome.

http://mediawonder.com/gallery/albums/userpics/BreathofSekhmet.jpg

http://mediawonder.com/gallery/albums/userpics/breathofsekmet2.jpg

http://mediawonder.com/gallery/albums/userpics/breathofsekhmetdetail3.jpg

http://mediawonder.com/gallery/albums/userpics/BreathofSekhmetdetail1.jpg

david5th
01-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Holy s**t. Thats an incredible paint job. How long did that thing take?:):):)

Aldramelech
01-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Goodbye

MarshalAdamar
01-28-2010, 03:45 PM
WOW! Does that count as commentary? That really is an amazing paint job. Well done!

rbryce
01-28-2010, 04:58 PM
dude, if you didnt live in utah, id be sending my exorcists your way. as a side note, do you live near Bryce canyon? it amuses me as my name is Bryce, i found out about it by an old pen pal from salt lake.

lobster-overlord
01-28-2010, 05:09 PM
The rivets and weathering are awesome. I love how it almost has a carnival feel, but you know it's going to blow you apart and not have a 1000 clowns pop out. (not criticising in any way, just awed by the colors together). I know the Pret colors tend to be bold with the uniforms, but that is fabulous. I would love to see the army to go with it.

John M.

Lord Inquisitor
01-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Nicely done. There is a lot going on there and it looks good.

ColCorbane
01-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Outstanding sir, I'm very envious of your freehand abilities.

entendre_entendre
01-28-2010, 07:27 PM
that is jaw droppingly good. hats off to you sir.

Col.Gravis
01-29-2010, 03:33 AM
Lovely job, I went off brightly cloured Praetorian vehicles, but you've pulled it off in a way thats not so garish, I hope we'll be seeing more of this commission painted up!

Cryl
01-29-2010, 05:52 AM
Really nice freehand, I can imagine that looks staggeringly pretty surrounded by infantry. Has a very WHFB Empire feel about it, nice work.

Madness
01-29-2010, 06:30 AM
I'm not a threadhead but that's extremely sweet.

crazyredpraetorian
01-29-2010, 08:34 PM
Very nice work, I love red tanks.:D

Brass Scorpion
01-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Really cool!

odinsgrandson
02-25-2010, 11:02 AM
dude, if you didnt live in utah, id be sending my exorcists your way. as a side note, do you live near Bryce canyon? it amuses me as my name is Bryce, i found out about it by an old pen pal from salt lake.

By the way, most of the commissions I do I get through the mail. Very few are from people I meet in person.

I'm not too far from Bryce Canyon. That is a beautiful place.

I've actually used it as an inspiration for some bases on minis. right now, I'm trying to set a diorama in that sort of terrain, and I think it will do nicely.

The rivets and weathering are awesome. I love how it almost has a carnival feel, but you know it's going to blow you apart and not have a 1000 clowns pop out. (not criticising in any way, just awed by the colors together). I know the Pret colors tend to be bold with the uniforms, but that is fabulous. I would love to see the army to go with it.

John M.

You know, when I was painting it up in our local game store, the comment I got loudest was "Awesome Optimus Prime tank."

Madness
02-25-2010, 11:17 AM
You know, when I was painting it up in our local game store, the comment I got loudest was "Awesome Optimus Prime tank." I need the coordinates of that game store and a description of the guy. I'll be reading "slapping people in the face real hard for dummies" on the plane.

gcsmith
02-27-2010, 04:55 PM
To be fair madness that quote is quite epic, Id be honoured if someone sed that about my painting, anyway odin nice to see some AWSOME work, im hoping to get to 1/10th of that standard, so i can do some commission, hopefully ill finish my 1st nid pod soon. and have it awsome painted up here :p

Madness
02-27-2010, 05:06 PM
I grew up with G1, that's probably what does it for me.

odinsgrandson
03-01-2010, 11:21 AM
To be fair madness that quote is quite epic, Id be honoured if someone sed that about my painting, anyway odin nice to see some AWSOME work, im hoping to get to 1/10th of that standard, so i can do some commission, hopefully ill finish my 1st nid pod soon. and have it awsome painted up here :p

The trick to being able to take commissions is to learn to paint to a high standard very quickly. However good you are, strive to get better, and however fast you are strive to get faster.

It isn't as hard a balance as it sounds, but the two elements are both extremely important if you want to make a living as a painter.

gcsmith
03-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Oh i dnt wanna make a living from it, just money for armies and stuff. You know like small commisions or a single large one every so often

Faultie
03-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Well, I'm trying to think of something nice to say, but just about anything will sound cliche'd and over used.

Instead, I'll just stare silently at that beautiful tank.

odinsgrandson
03-02-2010, 10:43 AM
Well, I'm trying to think of something nice to say, but just about anything will sound cliche'd and over used.

Instead, I'll just stare silently at that beautiful tank.

Reverence is a pretty high compliment in my book. Thanks.