PDA

View Full Version : VC 1000pt End Times

eldargal
09-02-2014, 07:57 AM
Just here for the blender lord really:

Vamp Lord
Ogre Blade, Talisman of Protection, The Other Tricksters Shard heavy armour, barded nightmare, Quick Blood, Red Fury, Fear Incarnate

30 Ghouls
Crypt Ghoul

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves

5 Black Knights
Full Cmd, barding, lances

It obviously has some weaknesses, take out the Vampire and you're finished but get that Vampire into combat against (almost) anything and it is DED.

Mr Mystery
09-03-2014, 06:22 AM
Ogre Blade is....+2S, no initiative hit, Quick Blood - ASF, Red Fury - successful wounds generate attacks (not sure if this is indefinite or not?)

Pretty filthy!

eldargal
09-03-2014, 06:31 AM
Red Fury isn't indefinite no, one extra attack per successful wound but the extra attack cannot generate an extra attack. Still known as blender lords for a reason, 6+ WS 7 S7 ASF I7 attacks that negate ward saves on a 2+/4++. Fear Incarnate is optional but forcing enemies to re-roll successful Fear rolls can certainly screw things up for a lot of units that could otherwise pose a threat. In bigger lists I'd give eht Black Knights The Screaming Banner to make Fear tests even more likely to be lost.

Mr Mystery
09-03-2014, 07:02 AM
Yep, that's pretty tasty!

I reckon old Fatty Ninebellies (my Ogre Tyrant) could stand up to her. Forcing opponents to re-roll wounds when you're already T5 rules. IT RULES!

Not sure if it would fit your points, but don't overlook the Sword of Antiheroes for that combo. +1A per enemy character (which of course includes unit champions) involved in the combat? Think it also increases your strength as well, which is always good for a giggle!

eldargal
09-03-2014, 07:15 AM
Ogres are one you have to be careful with, possibly better to hit them with the ghouls and used the Vampire to much through other units and then hit the tyrants unit from behind (hur) or the side.

Mr Mystery
09-03-2014, 07:20 AM
Indeed.

The secret of my success with Ogres is never telling anyone just how vulnerable my big flabby flank is. Horrible things happen when that gets engaged.

Though I don't fancy Ghoul's chances all that much. I get a lot of attacks, and it takes 3 wounds to drop each Ogre.

And we can stomp. Lordy how I love stomping stuff. In the face. Many a challenge has seen the smug expression wiped from my opponents face following a swift kick in the trouser department by way of parting shot! Even if you haven't got manparts, I understand such a kick hurts quite a lot.

eldargal
09-03-2014, 07:24 AM
Yup, another option would be the dire wolves, they wouldn't last a turn but I guess it woudl give the ghouls and vampire another turn untouched to stab things well up.

Mr Mystery
09-03-2014, 07:28 AM
Yup.

Though of course, we're not taking into account any sort of Magical doodads in this. Probably the best way to do it. After all, in my experience depending entirely upon getting a certain spell off at the most opportune time is the best way to guarantee you get your face kicked off.

eldargal
09-03-2014, 08:41 AM
I was thinking in a larger match sticking the Lord on a Coven Throne could be fun. The Throne itself gets a 4++ which makes cannon a little less scary and if you can get the bound spell of which lets you reroll fail wounds or hits even the Ogre tyrants ability wouldn't be quite so terrible. Looks pretty too.

Mr Mystery
09-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Not to mention mucks about with Ld for extra silly shenanigns.

Impact hits and all I believe (99% it's a Chariot!)

eldargal
09-03-2014, 08:53 AM
Yup, ethereal chariot with 2D6 S3 attacks and 4+ S5 attacks form the handmaidens.

Mr Mystery
09-03-2014, 09:09 AM
Phwoar I think is the appropriate response!

eldargal
09-03-2014, 09:12 AM
I think it is really underrated as a mount, I've had tremendous success with it. I mean the Mortis Engines is great for buffing and whatnot but in large games you can have both so...

Mr Mystery
09-03-2014, 09:15 AM
I've always liked it. Nothing like a Chariot ridden by a Vampire than can make the enemy biff themselves in the face. There's literally nothing not to like about it!

Anggul
09-04-2014, 02:25 AM
I've always liked it. Nothing like a Chariot ridden by a Vampire than can make the enemy biff themselves in the face. There's literally nothing not to like about it!

That's the scariest thing about the Throne for me. My high strength attacks aren't so great when they're turned on my own collective faces. Pain in the arse it is.

Mr Mystery
09-04-2014, 03:10 AM
That's the scariest thing about the Throne for me. My high strength attacks aren't so great when they're turned on my own collective faces. Pain in the arse it is.

Yup! Especially when you add in some Bloodline powers to mess with their Leadership!

eldargal
09-04-2014, 03:25 AM
Yup, much fun.:) Managed to get it to happen to some Swordmasters once, that was funny.

Mr Mystery
09-04-2014, 05:48 AM
Can't recall right now....but are troops Frenzied, and thus ITP immune to the Coven Throne as well?

Because if not, that could be well, well funny against Savage Orcs in the first round of combat, and indeed Witch Elves....

eldargal
09-04-2014, 05:51 AM
Hm good question. I would suspect not as it is an inherent, specific ability rather than subject to the psychology rules. Wonder if they FAQed it.

Mr Mystery
09-04-2014, 05:57 AM
Normally such a rule will say whether it's ignored by ITP or not.

Banshees certainly used to have that caveat on their squeal....

Oh lord....all those Witch Elves would also be re-rolling to hit themselves...with poison, and no armour. Such carnage!

White Tiger88
09-04-2014, 06:40 AM
Normally such a rule will say whether it's ignored by ITP or not.

Banshees certainly used to have that caveat on their squeal....

Oh lord....all those Witch Elves would also be re-rolling to hit themselves...with poison, and no armour. Such carnage!

You mean till it takes 3 boltthrowers to the face XD

eldargal
09-04-2014, 06:52 AM
Battle of Wills works against shooting attacks.

King Chud
09-05-2014, 11:21 PM
This is slightly on the same topic. I've wanted a two thousand point vampire count army that can beat chaos, ogres, and skaven. That's what I will be seeing in a few weeks for a three round 2000 point tournament. All I have right now are ghouls, blood knights, and dire wolves. So I don't have Terrogheists, or any other baddies. I will be playing a 2000 point list tomorrow:

Vampire Lord, Ogre Blade, The Other Trickster's Shard, Dispel Scroll, Red Fury, Quick Blood, Death Knight, Heavy Armor, Nightmare with Barding, shield, Level 1 Lore of the Vampire (451 points)

BSB vampire, Rampaging Standard, Red Fury, Level 2 Shadow, Lance, Heavy Armor, Shield, Nightmare with Barding (300 points)

8 Blood knights with Banner of the Blood Keep, Std. Bearer and musician (495 points)

1 50 man horde of ghouls with champion (510 points)

6 5 man units of direwolves at 40 points each

I have seen warriors of chaos do well at 2000 points with wizard, and I was wondering if it would work with blood knights. If you have any suggestions to handle ogres and skaven, it would be appreciated. The dire wolves are for chaff and redirection while my ghouls and blood knights get off the charges they want.

I am not sure if I can improve the list, or change to accompany other units since the heros and blood knights are a points sink. I either will do really well with it, or go home crying. I think it's one of those armies that's kind of unforgiving.

Solution9
09-06-2014, 02:01 AM
The only problem I see is the BSB. You are wasting points to save one wound from CR. VC/TK don't gain any cost benefits for a BSB other than an expensive banner which I would not recommend anyhow. Those pricy banners could be better spent on troops that are more effective. Also I like your 50 block of Ghouls but I'd just drop the Champion. He won't do much good for you. If you have the 10 points on nothing else to spend then do it but otherwise its a waist. As for the blood knights they are a great unit but at the same time expensive. I just don't think 8 will be that useful for the cost. 6 is best. More maneuverable and should you loose them its not 495 points you are loosing. Plus Im' assuming the Vampire Lord is going in there so 8 really is too many. Looks like you want a cav army which is cool. If you can trim some fat and be able to afford Hexwraiths get them.

The_Gonk
09-06-2014, 04:54 AM
I'd be interested to see some batreps with these armies. I expect that, in both cases, the basket full of eggs will be shot or magiced off the board before doing anything significant.

Great for a themed or narrative game though.

The Coven Throne is pretty bad, which is a shame because it looks really cool. The chances are shooting/magic will simply wipe it out and it's so many points it's worth throwing a lot at it. Battle of Wills won't save it for long against bolt throwers and has no effect on cannons, doomdivers etc.
For the points put into it it's also distinctly unthreatening in combat.

Again, great for theme and narrative but pretty sucky.

eldargal
09-06-2014, 05:14 AM
I usually prefer larger units and less characters my self, but having a blender lord in a small game will be fun.

It really isn't. People who have trouble using it either suck, or don't play with enough terrain the board which allows war machines and magic to dominate too much. Between Battle of Wills, a ward save, terrain and some fat units to harass war machines you should be able to keep it alive long enough to get it into combat. Cannons are more dangerous. It also does a lot more damage and put a Lahmian theme vampire on it with Beguile, Aura of Dark Majesty etc and it can drop even elite death stars down to a level they can be mauled by skellingtons.