PDA

View Full Version : Look At This Prize Draw From GW!!!

Lord Inquisitor
08-03-2009, 04:10 PM
Look at what came up on their website!
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/blogPost.jsp?aId=3300003a

vutall
08-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Oh wow, thats quite impressive. Not to concerned about the local hobby center prizes, even though it is great, i think the mega prizes are simply outstanding. Best of luck to all!

Valdore
08-03-2009, 07:15 PM
I was wondering who would put it up :P

Hanyways, the store prizes are quite nice, and hopefully I actually have a chance in that one as our store is very newly open!

I have mixed thoughts on the global prizes though, first prize would be awesome, but I've already seen Warhammer World, and though a tour of the factory and other parts would be awesome, I'd rather have something for my collection ;) Second prize is a little deceptive at first, I originally looked at it and wondered why on earth they'd put them that way around. Then I realised that it includes codices for new armies, battleforces for new armies, any non-age hobby products that come out, White Dwarf possibly? Don't know if that is available through the website. And if they do any more for the battle boards, those as well, scenery, etc.

Third prize however would be awesome, still trying to figure out if I could get my planetstrike airborne list into the standard force organisation chart :D the 5000 points is no problem though ;)

Miggidy Mack
08-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Wow, I'm having a hard time deciding which of those big prizes I'd want the most!

Inquisitor Lord Haestus
08-04-2009, 12:28 AM
I think this is a great idea for GW! Unfortunately (i have been registered on their site for quite some time) I can not find a way for it to take my favorite store and keep it. Every time I move from one section to the next, it resets. Is this normal? How will they know what my GW store is? Will they go by my registered address? Very disconcerting... But hope I win a prize!!

Xai
08-04-2009, 02:25 AM
This is crap! They closed the store in Arizona a couple years ago... no fancy prizes for me :(

vman
08-04-2009, 02:27 AM
wow its nice to every now and then be put in the draw for something without actually having to do anything

best of luck to all

Herald of Nurgle
08-04-2009, 02:38 AM
We all have to make a pledge, though.

If any of us wins... we make BoLS the first place that all of our new st00f is posted, lol

Teh_Frm4terer
08-04-2009, 03:20 AM
Man oh man, this would be SO awesome to win.

I love in AUS, so the trip to Warhammer World would be MUCH appreciated! :p ...

Gorgar
08-04-2009, 04:26 AM
I seem to remember seeing in an old White Dwarf that they used to offer a prize for taking part in their survey. The prize for one single winner was 1 single box of every type they had in store at that time. No blisters but it meant you got lots of box of goodness.

Dosadi
08-04-2009, 07:23 AM
Wow, I'm having a hard time deciding which of those big prizes I'd want the most!

The trip of course!
Getting a bunch of new releases or a 5000 point army is nothing compared to getting to go to Nottingham and take a tour of the studio, see what they are working on and the technology they are using to drive their plastic production. I'd love to challenge Jervis to a game of Blood Bowl, flip through Jes Godwin's sketch books or just go nuts Broadway style (wha?)!

And if you think you are leaving there without a bunch of swag then think again. I'm sure they will let you take sprues fresh off the production line. perhaps a few pre-release models, maybe even some Forgeworld. Not to mention the free drinks at Bugman's!

I remember way back in the day (the 90’s are “way back in the day” now) getting a tour of the Glen Burnie warehouse. I must have walked out of there with 3 giant ziplock bags stuffed full of loose metal. I literally could not carry anymore, and they forced me to take one of the brand new Land Raiders as well. Oh happy days…:cool:

Yep, I'm in it for the trip. I can get 5000 points of stuff anytime and what am I going to do with one of each new release for a year? Sure, I'd make a lot of new friends as I'd be giving so much of it away.:p But you can't replace memories with material goods.

Dosadi

Aldramelech
08-04-2009, 08:49 AM
Living in Engalnd the first prize is no big deal (Although Ive never been to GWHQ)

I like the everything for 12 months. But I would really like a 5000pt army!

DoctorEvil
08-04-2009, 08:51 AM
This is crap! They closed the store in Arizona a couple years ago... no fancy prizes for me :(

Just go in an declare the closest store to Arizona as your favorite....even if it's in California or New Mexico. Heck, if you should actually happen to win it might be worth the drive!

Lord Inquisitor
08-04-2009, 09:09 AM
I'm hoping for the 5000 point army. The 12 month would be cool, a lot of it would be going on ebay. And visiting GWHQ would also be an experience. I'd rather not have to go alone. But whatever.

Ivellos
08-04-2009, 10:08 AM
All of the options are awesome. I would settle for anything and would be totally happy even if I won the "Local" one even though the local store is like 100 miles away.

Mr. Man098
08-04-2009, 10:40 AM
Wow... to win one of these prizes, even a "Local" one, would make me ecstatic.

The Plastic Surgeon
08-04-2009, 12:22 PM
They should have the 'Omega Prize'

You win all 3.

Yes I am greedy!

PedroKantor
08-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Wow, I'm having a hard time deciding which of those big prizes I'd want the most! I know huh.. i would happy to win any of em really ;)

2wierd
08-16-2009, 02:25 PM
I think this is a great idea for GW! Unfortunately (i have been registered on their site for quite some time) I can not find a way for it to take my favorite store and keep it. Every time I move from one section to the next, it resets. Is this normal? How will they know what my GW store is? Will they go by my registered address? Very disconcerting... But hope I win a prize!!

You have to select a GW Hobby Center, and not an "Independent Retailer". If you try and select the latter, it will just reset like you mentioned. When you go to the store finder, un-check the option for the Independent Retailer. This will just search for GW shops. Seeing as there are none in CO, I picked one in TX where a good friend of mine lives. If I have to road-trip it out there to collect, at least I know I have a place to crash. :D

Kirkanos
08-18-2009, 05:24 AM
I'd be happy with any of the prizes! The trip for Nottingham wouldn't be far for me but going behind the scenes would be great.

Aldramelech
09-01-2009, 03:23 PM
So who won??????????????????

Lord Inquisitor
09-01-2009, 05:03 PM
I didn't know that it had ended. Has it?

shadowvast
09-01-2009, 05:05 PM
WOOT road trip to Chi town if I win...darn it all!!

ersatzgnomes
09-01-2009, 05:27 PM
wow... impressive

Aitrus
09-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Got no chance of winning, but wouldn't it be nice? *tries to think of what he'd do with the prize...*

mordengard
09-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Wow! That's huge. GW is really busting out the stops this year with all the coolness factor.

mutantpoo
09-01-2009, 06:31 PM
Wonder if you won the trip to the HQ if there was any chance of walking away with a Tau Manta ?:)

Valdore
09-01-2009, 06:47 PM
You never know, but I suspect it'll be a couple of days before the winners are announced/contacted. And just keep an eye on the website, it'll no doubt be announced there some time soon, likely once they've had replies from the winners ;)

Puccio
09-01-2009, 06:55 PM
this..is..interesting..

I wonder if first place also gets all new releases for a year. Otherwise I'd rather have 2nd!!

Lord Inquisitor
09-01-2009, 07:05 PM
I posted this a month ago so it will hopefully happen some time soon.

Scoota
09-01-2009, 07:47 PM
I just wish I'd seen this post about a week ago. :(

Doombringer
09-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Come in spinner! At least it must have better odds than winning lotto. Crosses fingers and toes...

Landsknecht
09-01-2009, 07:54 PM
They actually did the prize offer several times. I haven't thought of it until you reminded me. That was exciting and I always hoped to win - never did :(

Liquidice
09-01-2009, 08:33 PM
from the terms and conditions, don't count on hearing the results soon

7. The winners will be notified by email on or before the 30th September 2009.

M3mph1s
09-01-2009, 08:44 PM
For someone like me in the US, I actually think going to the GW HQ would be really cool, and a good excuse to visit England.

Still, prizes 2 and 3 are really pretty awesome.

trjames
09-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Darn

Day late dollar short...

fleabanger
09-01-2009, 09:00 PM
neato thats so cool 2nd prize is rad

terricon4
09-01-2009, 09:05 PM
This does look good and I would be more excited but my local GW just closed down.
I am kinda wondering if the global first prize has more, like some minis or stuff as well.

Liquidice
09-01-2009, 09:11 PM
I read at another site that a guy went on a prize tour and he left with like $500 bucks worth of figures and tanks, some of them unreleased or special edition. He said that they gave him a new tank's sprues straight from the assembly line...

slopike
09-02-2009, 01:21 AM
Come on, no whammy, no whammy, no whammy....:p

WalkableBuffalo
09-02-2009, 01:26 AM
Yeah it is so awesome but I dont see what else you get in the 1st prize. I mean a trip to england and warhammer world and everything is awesome. but do we actually get any warhammer? I just cant wait until september the 30th. by then the winners will b notified.

xynoq
09-02-2009, 09:51 AM
agreed... according to what they wrote second place would be best...

Nidnub
09-02-2009, 10:08 AM
I presume that the draw has now taken place? Surprised there's nothing on the website

schoon
09-02-2009, 02:48 PM
I'll have to log into my account to make sure that GW "remembers" me for this one...

jpwyrm
09-02-2009, 03:02 PM
Damned! I missed that giveaway by just a couple of days!

Oh well! Any BoLS user won one of these?

firedancer
09-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Is it me or does the 3rd place prize seem best? Having said that I'm no more than 3hours from Nottingham, so that might explain my view

Spectral Dragon
09-04-2009, 01:00 PM
These are indeed great prizes, but is it just me or does a trip to warhammer world not quite as much to get hyped about as that second place prize of every new mini for a year?

Perhaps they give you some delicious rumors and bring you backdoors so you can see what the next couple codecis are?

Herald of Nurgle
09-06-2009, 05:20 AM
Winners for all draws will be announced 30th September.

Good luck, all.

rsheridan5
09-06-2009, 07:51 AM
3rd prize seems line the best for long term use. But I have to admit that I would like to take a trip to England, and get some pointers from the "Eavy Metal team. Seeing thier workshop and a few hundred armies would be interesting.
I think that if a BoLS lounge member wins this prize they should write an article about the visit.
Sure first prize doesn't offer free armies, but I would like a chance to meet some of those guys..
Heck, I would be lobbying for a job from the moment I arrived!