PDA

View Full Version : Psyk-Out grenades in Codex Inquision vs Officio Assissinorum

JMichael
08-28-2014, 05:55 PM
I have the eBook digital versions of both and they have very different rules for the Psyk-Out Grenades. Perhaps my Inquisition codex is outdated? Is the iOS version

Codex Inquisition: If a unit with these grenades charges deamons or psykers they are Init 1 for that phase.

DataSlate Officio Assassinorum (hate that name): Range 8" S2, AP-, Blast, Psi-Shock (one random psyker in unit hit suffers Perils of the Warp). Psykers assaulting don't get extra Attack die.

How are they in the new Grey Knight Codex?
Does anyone with the Inquisition codex have them listed differently?

Aegis
08-28-2014, 09:54 PM
The Inquisition entry is now outdated. The new GK book and the Assassin data slate list it the current way.

daboarder
08-28-2014, 10:20 PM
The Inquisition entry is now outdated. The new GK book and the Assassin data slate list it the current way.

This is not how the rules work

Inqusition Psyk grenades work exactly as detailed in their codex

Assassin psyk grenades work exactly as in their dataslate

the rules in one have no effect on the rules in the other

it took dark angels and black templars 2-3 years to get 3++ stormshields

JMichael
08-29-2014, 12:13 AM
This is not how the rules work

Inqusition Psyk grenades work exactly as detailed in their codex

Assassin psyk grenades work exactly as in their dataslate

the rules in one have no effect on the rules in the other

it took dark angels and black templars 2-3 years to get 3++ stormshields

Yup, this. And I just bought my own copy of the Inquisition codex to ensure I had the most up to date version, and indeed their Psyk-Out Grenades are still unchanged. Which for my up coming game is kind of awesome! I am running an Inquisitor and an Assassin!

Tyrendian
08-29-2014, 01:21 AM
and who's to say that something as "special" as a Psyk-Out Grenade, even if we assume they are constructed identically for very different users, have to work exactly the same for all kinds of users? maybe that can serve as an explanation until gee-dub gets off their behinds...

Blood Shadow
08-29-2014, 03:14 AM
The Inquisitorial codex was updated fairly recently following the release of 7th Ed, I don't think it will be updated until the new book comes out in a couple of months, I'd expect Rad Grenades and other bits of wargear to go unfortunately. I am really uncertain if they will get a cool Assassin type codex or a vanilla wash like GK, SW and Orks, my guess is the later......inclusion of Tempestus Scions could be interesting or perhaps their own Stormtroopers with different stats? No idea what they'll add to fill this out.

Aegis
08-29-2014, 06:45 AM
I suppose I was not clear in how I worded my response. That is on me. I did not mean to imply the Inquisition grenades have been updated, and you use the new ones. I merely was speaking to how the Inq. book rules are outdated in the sense that will likely be brought into line with the new rules come their rumoured update.

Posting when tired results in sloppy posting.