PDA

View Full Version : Using Sanctuary on Vehicles

Jgolden
08-28-2014, 02:56 PM
Forgive me if this is a naive question, but the Psyker power Sanctuary is available to Grey Knight units like Dreadnoughts and was wondering if the +1 to Invul. does anything for them.

Tankz!

Charon
08-28-2014, 03:02 PM
Sanctuary is a blessing that targets the Psyker. Whilst the power is in effect the Psyker and all models in his unit receive a +1 bonus to their invulnerable save (models that do not have an invulnerable save gain a 6+ invulnerable save whilst this power is in effect instead). In addition, all units with the Daemon special rule (friend or foe) treat all terrain, including open ground, within 12" of the Psyker as dangerous terrain.

It confers a 6+ invul safe to the Dread... like... it is written in the power description.

Jgolden
08-28-2014, 05:10 PM
But Vehicles, and anything that has differing armour points for each side, do not have Invul. saves hence my question.

hyudun
08-28-2014, 06:15 PM
But Vehicles, and anything that has differing armour points for each side, do not have Invul. saves hence my question.

In Charon's excerpt it says "models that do not have an invulnerable save gain a 6+ invulnerable save whilst this power is in effect instead".
A vehicle is a model. There is nothing that says vehicles can't have an invulnerable save and in fact there are a few that do come with them (Heldrakes, Sammel's Landspeeder, etc.)

marful
08-28-2014, 07:28 PM
There are many vehicles that have invulnerable saves.

Daemon Engines from Chaos all have 5++.

Space Wolf dreadnoughts with storm shields have 5++.

Tau vehicles can get invulnerable saves vs missiles, etc.

daboarder
08-28-2014, 08:17 PM
flickerfields

Charistoph
08-28-2014, 10:06 PM

The Invul Save rule in 7th has changed to include Penetrating and Glancing Hits now.

Katharon
08-29-2014, 01:02 AM
I weep for the future of my hobby.

Jgolden
08-29-2014, 10:12 AM
Oh, okay, I guess I thought the two were mutually exclusive. Thanks for the help guys.