PDA

View Full Version : AT-43 models as Chimera stand-ins

plasticaddict
01-27-2010, 03:02 AM
I've been looking for a wheeled vehicle that I can use as a Chimera/Helhound proxy. I stumbled on some pics of AT-43 Oni vehicles and was wondering if anyone around here has seen them up close? From my limited experience with AT-43 models it looks like their armored transports should be pretty close in size to a Chimera and I was hoping to use some of the smaller four wheeled cars for Sentinel stand-ins. Any thoughts?

Berberus
01-27-2010, 07:57 AM
BeastsOfWar just made a vidio about the Oni boxset.
Check it out, it will give you a good idea what the size of the vehicles are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfF31YURuBU

fuzzbuket
01-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Just me but I DONT LIKE THOSE MINIS AT ALL!:(

the design and quality looks bad and I HATE the painting dont know about the price but if you spend money on buying an army at least try to paint it;)

but with extensive plasticard and GS and plastic bits they could look good;)

-fuzz

plasticaddict
01-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Berberus: Thanks for the link, it helped.

fuzzbuket: Have you seen these models up close? They look pretty good in the pictures I've seen. The AT-43 vehicle/mech models I've seen up close have been pretty good quality wise and have some nice bits for conversion work. As far as paint jobs go they leave a lot to be desired but I'm planning on regunning and repainting them anyway. I already have two fully painted IG armies, one all Valks/Vendettas with vet squads, one Steel Legion with all the armor you can fit (literally) across the long edge of the table. This would be Arbites/MPs and the wheeled IFVs seem fitting for that kind of force. Cost isn't a big issue but the basic IFV is going for about $17 (US), way less money (and more importantly work) than trying to find a good model kit to use.

fuzzbuket
01-28-2010, 10:37 AM
sorry I only have looked at that vid perhaps the non- boxset tanks are better:p

EldarWolf
01-29-2010, 04:47 PM
2 guys at my club play AT-43, the smaller (4 wheeled) APC is about 2/3 the size of a rhino, so I think too small to use in 40K. I intend to get one or two for my GZG 25mm troops, for then it's the right size.

plasticaddict
01-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Thanks for the info, I was thinking of using the 4 wheeled ones as Sentinels but from your description they will be to big. Any thoughts on using the 6 wheeled ones as chimeras?