PDA

View Full Version : marine captain question

The Dinosaur
01-27-2010, 02:30 AM
OK, super quick one guys...
the options for a space marine captain include replacing bolt pistol and/or chainsword with...blah blah blah
one of them is a lightning claw for 15pts

can i equip him with two for 15pts each with power armour? or must he have terminator armour to equip two?

im trying to avoid using someone like shrike but twin claws and a jump pack is fun :P

Cryl
01-27-2010, 03:01 AM
yes you can give a power armoured Captain two claws at 15pts each. Go for it

EDIT: although for 40 points more than a captain with 2 claws and jump pack you can take shrike and get all his associated goodness too

Lindargo
01-27-2010, 03:53 AM
As above, yes you can. This also means he gets the +1 attack from two claws,

-Lindargo

The Dinosaur
01-27-2010, 04:34 AM
jackpot!

i was trying to avoid shrike, just cos you know...special character etcetc.... might ninja the model though :P

david5th
01-27-2010, 11:16 AM
I use the old Captain Sicarius with a jump pack. Set him off and watch the limbs fly.:)

tjkopena
01-28-2010, 09:21 AM
I don't have a problem at all with using special characters, but I would think that even among circles that do look down on them, Shrike would be much more palatable then Vulkan, Marneus, etc. He's popular, but doesn't seem overwhelmingly common enough to bother people. Then and again, they don't bother me at all, so maybe I just don't understand...

Commissar Lewis
01-29-2010, 01:15 AM
I want to make a SW commander with two thunder hammers. Yeah the Storm Shield would be a better tactical choice, but c'mon, TWO THUNDER HAMMERS? That's badass right there.

I'll call him Arnthor the Smasher, after a Viking from one of my stories.

Jardin
01-29-2010, 02:01 AM
jackpot!

i was trying to avoid shrike, just cos you know...special character etcetc.... might ninja the model though :P

The new rules clearly state that they are units and not special characters. Folks need to get out of the habit of refering to them that way. Shrike is a completely legal codex HQ unit, not a special character.

I do not have the reference, but there was a very good comment on this (I want to say Jervis Johnson in WD) where it was made clear that GW studios is lossing the special character appelation and nothing in the new dexs will require permission. If people balk, tell them to suck it up, it is an approved unit in an approved dex, completely chapter approved and it is not the place of player to frown upon it.

We have a player in my regular group who plays Templar and cannot get over this fact, but if we are going to start ignoring units that we don't like, i'll start with outlawing everything in the new 'nid dex.

AbusePuppy
01-29-2010, 02:05 AM
I want to make a SW commander with two thunder hammers. Yeah the Storm Shield would be a better tactical choice, but c'mon, TWO THUNDER HAMMERS? That's badass right there.

I'll call him Arnthor the Smasher, after a Viking from one of my stories.

But is he the drummer in a band like this bad dude?

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t221/AbusePuppy/1240824201147.jpg

Commissar Lewis
01-29-2010, 03:31 AM
Dude, that is badass to the XTREME.

\m/ Very metal.

Jardin
01-29-2010, 10:23 AM
What is the left hand hammer on that? I can't see the bit clearly and I am not all that familiar with the new Termie plastics.

Thanks