PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on what list........MYSTERY SAVE ME!

White Tiger88
08-27-2014, 09:06 AM
So i am stuck on which list to use for my first game of x-wing!!! Here are the idea's...

Rear Admiral Chiraneau — VT-49 Decimator 46
Ruthlessness 3
Mercenary Copilot 2
Mara Jade 3
Anti-Pursuit Lasers 2

Omicron Group Pilot — Lambda-Class Shuttle 21
Darth Vader 3

"Howlrunner" — TIE Fighter 18
Squad Leader 2

Or

Captain Kagi — Lambda-Class Shuttle 27
Sensor Jammer 4
Ysanne Isard 4
Mercenary Copilot 2

Carnor Jax — TIE Interceptor 26
Push the Limit 3
Targeting Computer 2

Soontir Fel — TIE Interceptor 27
Push the Limit 3
Targeting Computer

eldargal
08-27-2014, 09:15 AM
The first one, 'cos of the wimmins.:p

White Tiger88
08-27-2014, 09:23 AM
The first one, 'cos of the wimmins.:p

What o.O

eldargal
08-27-2014, 09:24 AM
Mara Jade+ Howlrunner = women.

White Tiger88
08-27-2014, 09:33 AM
Mara Jade+ Howlrunner = women.

I thought Howlrunner was a dude......Good to know XD And yes Mara Jade is a sexy, sexy Woman........ ;) Future Roll for Sansa stark me think? :P

eldargal
08-27-2014, 09:37 AM
Nope, Howlrunner is Cive Rashon, first canonical female TIE pilot.:)

White Tiger88
08-27-2014, 09:47 AM
Nope, Howlrunner is Cive Rashon, first canonical female TIE pilot.:)

And sexy too.......Damn Imperials got all the lady's!!! Wooo!

White Tiger88
08-27-2014, 08:05 PM
A friend helped me come up with this list.....it looks amazingly fun! XD

Commander Kenkirk — VT-49 Decimator 44
Ruthlessness 3
Moff Jerjerrod 2
Ysanne Isard 4

Rexler Brath — TIE Defender 37
Predator 3
Heavy Laser Cannon 7

Brenlak
08-27-2014, 10:55 PM
We haven't got the new ships here yet so I can't weigh in on the Decimator ship (Besides the fact I want two!!), but in my biased opinion I would go with the first list and lose the shuttle I'm not to impressed with mine yet (To be fair it's only been played once) it's got toilet maneuverability so don't bother attaching any good weapon type upgrades to it you will only use them a couple times. But it's a decent game and you will be done in a couple hours so why not play both, Ha ha.

White Tiger88
08-28-2014, 12:32 AM
Lawl, you can't run two sadly.........to many pts T_T

bigfatfred
08-28-2014, 05:43 AM
but in my biased opinion I would go with the first list and lose the shuttle I'm not to impressed with mine yet (To be fair it's only been played once) it's got toilet maneuverability

I think the shuttle is going to prove to be awesome when I learn to fly it right and get round the terrible dial. It is so cheap with such a lot of hit points. There seems to be a lot of love out there for it, from people who have got to grips with it's crap maneuverability.

Take the shuttle list and learn from your mistakes

eldargal
08-28-2014, 05:46 AM
In one of the interviews with FFG people from Gencon they said they are beginning to see the shuttle more in competitive lists as people figure out howto use it. Not used my own at all yet.

Mr Mystery
08-28-2014, 06:08 AM
Hurr!

OP said 'Rear Admiral'.

Fnarr!

bigfatfred
08-28-2014, 10:35 AM
In one of the interviews with FFG people from Gencon they said they are beginning to see the shuttle more in competitive lists as people figure out howto use it. Not used my own at all yet.

I've used mine twice and flown it like a complete dolt. I wish I could say I learned something but I don't think I did! Although I don't have much experience with large ships. That must be it ;-)

Mr Mystery
08-28-2014, 11:23 AM
Just noticed the OP asked for me in the title.....

To be honest, my key to success is to have absolutely no idea what you're doing, and just go for it.

With any luck, your opponent will tie (pun!) themselves in knots trying to spot the genius behind your madness....

It's shockingly effective!

Oh, and TIE Phantoms. They rule!

scadugenga
08-28-2014, 08:58 PM
I hate TIE Phantoms with a passion. They ruin my day every time.

So I bought one...

I actually loved playing the shuttle. just being able to be that resilient, and move a "O" opens up new gameplay avenues.

In a game where almost everything is ridiculously maneuverable--it can be occasionally advantageous to be the space-equivalent of a sway-backed mule. With shields.

Brenlak
08-31-2014, 08:08 PM
Just played with this today:
Colonel Jendon Lambda class shuttle- 26
Darth Vader- 3
Sensor Jammer- 4
Anti Pursuit Lasers- 2
Weapons Engineer- 3
I forgot to take the title that makes it's Target Lock range infinite, D'oh.

I left the cannon off this time, last game it proved to not get many shots off, same true this time of Vader, use him every turn you can! All in all I think the Rebel Captive works best for this ship, people love to shoot it. That's why Sensor Jammers are a must! I have taken them both times I played my Shuttle and they are great. The Anti-Pursuit lasers were good too, scoring more hits than my Shuttles primary weapon did! Weapons Engineer I'm seeing now as kind of a waste, the Colonel can only give away one target lock a combat round and often doesn't have a good target himself so next time the Ugnaught stays home

It's poor maneuverability means your not gonna get a lot of shots off with it, it's probably best off on the sidelines using it's buff abilities for the rest of your fleet then flying into the breach. Next time that's what I'm going to try get him running flank past the combat line just ready to give target locks to my fighters that have koiograned to stay in the fight on combat run two.

Not saying it's useless, it's fun and has mucho staying power, just harder to figure out and not a ship I would recommend for a first game