PDA

View Full Version : Arjac's Grimnar's Champion ability

Ymir
01-26-2010, 10:42 PM
So I understand the whole re-roll "To Hit" against ICs and MCs. I am wondering about the part where he must allocate his attacks to ICs when possible. Must he allocate his attacks to a IC with a retinue if he is in base with the IC? Or would he no be able to do his because of the retinue?

whitestar333
01-26-2010, 10:45 PM
I think the "when possible" part takes effect in the case of retinues. As you cannot allocate hits specifically to an IC joined by a retinue, he is not limited to doing so.

Another question is whether he needs to allocate to a retinue if attacked by a separate unit in close combat...

Nabterayl
01-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Whitestar, I think that falls under the category of differentiating your heroes by giving one melta bombs and the other not - it's legal, but against the spirit of the codex. If Arjac is facing a retinue and another normal unit he can allocate his attacks however he likes, as he can't allocate them specifically against the IC in the combat. I'm sure the codex would encourage you to fight the retinue, but it's not required.

BuFFo
01-27-2010, 12:24 AM
An IC with a TRUE retinue (see Dark Eldar Archons and Incubi) ceases to have the IC rule until the entire Retinue is dead.

Jwolf
01-27-2010, 12:35 PM
He would not be able to, for the reasons given by BuFFo.

Ymir
01-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Ty. I was thinking the same thing.

rle68
01-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Except in cases of close combat where an IC never stops being an IC for purposes of close combat. if Arjac is in base to base with an archon and an incubi retinue he may direct all his attacks to the IC as long as he in base to base with the IC. basic close combat rules page 49 .

Nabterayl
01-29-2010, 11:23 PM
rle68, re-read "Retinues" at the bottom of page 48. An archon's incubi are that kind of retinue.

rle68
02-01-2010, 11:29 AM
My bad i never field an archon i take an archyte much better imo.. hmm cant believe i missed that .. thanks for the info