PDA

View Full Version : Aegis Defense line and Punisher Gatling Cannon

JMichael
08-24-2014, 11:50 PM
I saw this in Army Builder and am wondering what book it is from as I did not see it in the Stronghold book.
Aegis Defense line can replace it's Gun Emplacement weapon with a Punisher Gatling Cannon?

I also noticed that in the Stronhold book the Aegis can take 2 gun emplacements, or 1 Gun and a Comm relay! Love that!

Tokunator
08-25-2014, 01:00 AM
I saw this in Army Builder and am wondering what book it is from as I did not see it in the Stronghold book.
Aegis Defense line can replace it's Gun Emplacement weapon with a Punisher Gatling Cannon?

I also noticed that in the Stronhold book the Aegis can take 2 gun emplacements, or 1 Gun and a Comm relay! Love that!

I am afraid that you are wrong on both accounts.

You cannot include a Punisher Gatling Cannon with an Aegis Defense Line as that option does not exist in Stronghold Assault, which is the only remaining place you can find the Aegis Line (as it is not in the 7th edition book).

Furthermore, an Aegis Line can only take one Battlement upgrade and both the gun emplacements and the Comms relay count as one. The Stronghold Assault rules no longer include the option to buy a gun emplacement in the Aegis entry itself, only as an upgrade and the upgrade rules specify that you can only take one such upgrade.

On the whole, if you find something on Armybuilder, but not in the books, odds are that it is a mistake in Armybuilder. Remember that Armybuilder files are written by dedicated amateurs and not by anyone affiliated with GW, so they are not official and occasionally include mistakes.

JMichael
08-25-2014, 01:15 AM
I figured that AB might be mistaken on the Punisher Gatling, but my eBook Stronghold Assault does not limit the Aegis to only one upgrade.

Options: • May take items from the Obstacles and Battlements & Battlefield lists.

Games Workshop Ltd. STRONGHOLD ASSAULT (Kindle Locations 654-656). Games Workshop Ltd.

Charon
08-25-2014, 01:50 AM
I figured that AB might be mistaken on the Punisher Gatling, but my eBook Stronghold Assault does not limit the Aegis to only one upgrade.

Options: • May take items from the Obstacles and Battlements & Battlefield lists.

Games Workshop Ltd. STRONGHOLD ASSAULT (Kindle Locations 654-656). Games Workshop Ltd.

Under the Rules for Obstacles
A fortification can purchase up to six sections of obstacles (Tanglewire, Tank Traps and Barricades)

Under the Rules for Battlements & Battlefields
Each fortification can purchase a single Battlement & Battlefield upgrade from the list below. (Ammunition Dump, Comms Relay, Gun Emblacement Icarus/Quad)

Tokunator
08-25-2014, 02:05 AM
Under the Rules for Obstacles
A fortification can purchase up to six sections of obstacles (Tanglewire, Tank Traps and Barricades)

Under the Rules for Battlements & Battlefields
Each fortification can purchase a single Battlement & Battlefield upgrade from the list below. (Ammunition Dump, Comms Relay, Gun Emblacement Icarus/Quad)

Exactly

Katharon
08-25-2014, 03:31 AM
Charon's got it in one.

JMichael
08-25-2014, 10:58 AM
Thanks. I do always double check AB, but since this is my first time using Aegis in 7th (and the Stronghold book) I wasn't sure what I was missing.
AB had a Battlements & Battlefield upgrade and also a Wargear upgrade (that was just missing the ammo dump option).

John Bower
08-25-2014, 01:21 PM
I think sometimes when they have to change something in AB it seems to knock something else out; I'll be reporting it to them if they don't know already. :)