PDA

View Full Version : First Shot at the New GKs, Two 1850 lists!

Halollet
08-24-2014, 01:39 PM
Well, time to make the most of GW's new book of plain bread. :P I'm going to try out a Battle Forged and the new Strike Force to see what I can do!

Strike Force!
What I really see the strength of this formation is the fact you can have an extra turn over your opponent if they go first. Deploy nothing and solely rely on deep striking to get yourself across the board. The ability to run after you land is what really makes this viable, if they didn't have that it'd be garbage. Definatly a risky tactic, but looks like a lot of fun, and that's the main reason why I play 40K! The limit with playing it this way is that I can't take anything that doesn't deep strike. The benefit is that I don't need to worry about transporting anyone anywhere!

-HQ-
Brother Captain - 220
Grand Master Cuirass of Sacrifice Soul Glaive

Librarian - 150
Mastery Level 3 Combi-Melta Nemesis Hammer

-Troops-
Strike Squad x6 - 149
Nemesis Hammer x1 Nemesis Falchions x1 Incinerator x1

Strike Squad x6 - 149
Nemesis Hammer x1 Nemesis Falchions x1 Incinerator x1

Terminator Squad x10 - 398
Psycannon x2 Nemesis Hammer x2 Nemesis Falchions x1 Nemesis Halerd x2

Terminator Squad x10 - 396
Psycannon x2 Nemesis Hammer x2 Nemesis Falchions x1 Nemesis Halerd x1

Paladin Squad x3 - 203
Nemesis Hammer x1 Nemesis Falchions x2 Apothecary

Nemesis Dread Knight - 185
Heavy Psycannon Heavy Incinerator

38 Models
1850 points

Battle Forged!
Objective Secure Land Raiders... mmmmm, so tasty! Heavy Armour with lots of smashy stuff. Purifiers, Dreadnought, and GM ride in the Storm Raven, yeah, nuts I know. It worked for me last time so I'll go for it again. The only thing I might change is to make the terminators 10 man so I can combat squad them to put 2 psycannons in one unit in the godhammer land raider to make a mid field firing base. Then for the other troop I would take a strike squad instead of the purifiers. But I don't want to loose the purifiers because they burn baby burn. I'll see how it plays out.

-HQ-
Brother Captain - 220
Grand Master Cuirass of Sacrifice Soul Glaive

Librarian - 150
Mastery Level 3 Combi-Melta Nemesis Hammer

-Troops-
Terminator Squad x5 - 209
Psycannon Nemesis Hammer x2 Nemesis Falchions x1

Land Raider Dedicated Transport - 260
Multi-Melta

Terminator Squad x6 - 244
Psycannon Nemesis Hammer x2 Nemesis Halerd x1 Nemesis Falchions x1

Land Raider Crusader Dedicated Transport - 255
Storm Bolter

-Elite-
Purifier Squad x5 - 152
Nemesis Falchions x3 Nemesis Hammer x1 Incinerator x1

Dreadnought - 160
Heavy Flamer Venerable Dread

-Fast Attack-
Storm Raven - 200
TL Lascannon TL Multimelta

22 models
1850 points

DarkLink
08-24-2014, 03:18 PM
First list, upgrade the Paladins to get some psycannons and hitting power. That'll do a lot more for you than one of the small strike squads will.

Second list, I never recommend using Storm Ravens as transports. You're better off just using a Land Raider. You won't basically autodie if you get shot down, no need to worry about reserves, your Raven doesn't need to expose itself to drop off a unit, etc. I also wouldn't bother on cc upgrades other than hammers unless you find yourself losing combat a lot

Halollet
08-24-2014, 04:31 PM
So... If I don't use the raven as transport... How will I get the purifiers across the board?

Unless I drop them to fill out one terminator squad to ten and then combat squad to have two psycannons deep strike in with the librarian. That allows me to keep the GM with a full assault squad of termies.

If I do that, I still have the option of putting a squad in the raven if I want.

I could still take the dread in the raven and even deep strike him from that if need be.

Thoughts?

DarkLink
08-24-2014, 05:57 PM
I personally would just take a raider instead of a raven. If I use a raven, it's purely as a gunboat, so it would be in a list that doesn't require it to be used as a transport. That's just me.

Xaric
08-25-2014, 11:32 AM
Strike Force Get a drop pod with locator beacon from Space marine allys Drop pods drop turn 1 due to there rule and it can never land on a foe it is allowed to drop half drop pods in your army turn one rounding up that meens the rest of your army can deploy 6" around those drop pods with no scatter

DarkLink
08-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Locator beacons and teleport homers must begin on the table to work for that round you wouldn't benefit until T2 unless they've changed that for 7th.