PDA

View Full Version : 30k dreadnought talon drop pod question

El_Davo
08-23-2014, 10:13 AM
So if i take 3 dreadnoughts in drop pods, do they roll seperate for reserves? or do i roll once for the whole unit? and would they count has one "drop pod" for the orbital assault rule? or would they be 3 seperate drop pods? ie if i have 10 pods, and 3 are dreads, would i have 10 or 8 pods? the army book says the must be placed withing 6" of each other and after they are deployed count as undividual units not a squadren.
my guess is that i'd roll once for the unit and then after they are all sperate.
so thoughts, opinions?
thanks in advance
El_Davo

Mr.Pickelz
08-23-2014, 03:11 PM
You would roll once for the unit, then deep strike each drop pod separately. Take note of the squad's coherency distance, the scatter could mess your unit up.

Khorneguy
08-23-2014, 05:02 PM
You would roll once for the unit, then deep strike each drop pod separately. Take note of the squad's coherency distance, the scatter could mess your unit up.

It wouldn't mess anything up, seeing as each dreadnought in the Talon acts independantly after arrival anyway

Mr.Pickelz
08-25-2014, 12:00 AM
It wouldn't mess anything up, seeing as each dreadnought in the Talon acts independantly after arrival anyway

Correct, I missed that little blurb about the lack of squadron rules, and by little I mean that big and clearly presented box on their page which states quite clearly their independence.:p

El_Davo
08-25-2014, 07:48 AM
Ah ok, thank you very much!