PDA

View Full Version : Warhammer World Museum Visit

david5th
01-26-2010, 12:47 PM
I recently was able to visit Warhammer World, Bugmans Bar and the Citadel Miniatures Museum and was blown away by it.

For me the two things that caught my eye were the Full scale Terminator Storm Bolter + magazines and the display case of Techmarine Space marines. These were scout squads, land Speeders, converted Razorbacks etc + marines done in the Adeptus Mechanicus colours.

I was wondering who else has been and what they thought of what they saw?

Night System
01-26-2010, 12:54 PM
I live quite local so have ventured up there many times. The two recent displays which caught my eye were the nurgle CSM and converted wood elves army which where fantastic displays of conversion.

But the lifesize models really were the best :) if you liked the stormbolter there used to be an entire life size museum.

If i recall, there was a blood angels combat sqaud, ork mekboy, terminator, genestealer, Dark Eldar warrior, assorted skulls etc.
Those were the days, And the fully arranged Ultramarine Chapter, and the siege of the emperors palace diorama.
Whatever happened to the old displays?

Cryl
01-27-2010, 02:22 AM
Like Night System I live fairly close to WHW so get to see the museum quite often. I've never gone to the miniatures hall and been bored no matter how recently I've been, there's always so much amazingly good stuff to see even if it's 'just' regular models painted well.

The Space Marine exhibition showing various marine sets and codexes through the years was great, ah the nostalgia of the RTB001 marine box set and 1st generation landraider model...

ColCorbane
01-27-2010, 10:20 AM
I did back in May and this is what I saw ....

http://corbaniaprime.blogspot.com/2009/05/warhammer-world.html

I'd have posted the images here but with only four pics per post, it'd have taken a while, also, they're the original camera pics on my blog.

Enjoy!

jimbobjeff
01-27-2010, 04:59 PM
I get to go fairly often to (usually along with Night system and Cryl) and the Eavy metal armies are truely amazing in the flesh, they never fail to inspire me to start a new army or two and then stop when I realise its not the army thats the problem, its my painting...

TSINI
01-27-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm really looking forward to spending a few days at warhammer world, I plan on getting together a few people and playing as many games as possible on the beautiful tables with a few bevvies, celebrating in the evenings back at the hotel, and getting straight back into the gaming the next day. the end of the "competition" will culminate in a HUGE apocalypse game.

how does the table system work, do you have to book them (or can you book them?) or is it first come first serve?

Cryl
01-28-2010, 02:13 AM
Check the warhammer world blog to make sure theres not a tournament as tables can be limited on those days, otherwise just turn up for a regular 6*4, you're best booking if you want an apoc sized board though - I'd recommend the bridge table that's got some nice features that you can make into part of your apoc scenario pretty easily

Commissar Lewis
01-29-2010, 01:02 AM
... by the holy breasts of Freya and Aphrodite's beautiful sodding ***...

I must go there once in my life. It shall be a pilgrimage much like going to Wacken Open Air will be...

Vorlon
01-30-2010, 04:10 AM
I wonder how hard it would be the convince my fiance to have our honey moon in the UK...

On the same topic....How harsh are British Laws on stalking people? Though I might ask since Col Corbane and a few other amazing IG painters live across the pond ^_^

david5th
01-30-2010, 07:11 AM
I wonder how hard it would be the convince my fiance to have our honey moon in the UK...

On the same topic....How harsh are British Laws on stalking people? Though I might ask since Col Corbane and a few other amazing IG painters live across the pond ^_^

LOL. harshness of laws in the UK is something for another day and another forum.