PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Sisters Rumor...any forward motion?

zeronyne
08-21-2014, 10:01 PM

This was from October of 2013. Soooo....is this happening or should this person be ostracized? :)

DarkLink
08-21-2014, 10:40 PM
No.

daboarder
08-21-2014, 10:54 PM
wait, there is that, (what 8 years now) old rumour that they couldn't get the models to work in plastic, sure thats 8 years old and before they started using cad, but dont let that detail get in the way of people using "gw is trying/Doing a good job/has reasons" arguments

40kGamer
08-22-2014, 12:01 AM

This was from October of 2013. Soooo....is this happening or should this person be ostracized? :)

That person deserves a good spiritual flogging! I hope to see plastic sisters in my lifetime but I'm starting to wonder. I think all GW Execs take the pledge with Spanky and Alfalfa.

Wolfshade
08-22-2014, 01:23 AM
Re-tooling from metal to plastic should be straight forward.

What will take time is trying to get sisters to work in 7th the way that they should. We've seen the GK codex which is said to be fairly rushed that doesn't really do anything new or different then we have sisters that are sitting out in the cold, maybe there is a grand plan for them, maybe they are going to be squatted who knows.

I for one would like a de-minis plastificiation of the range, hopefully though they will get a proper remake with a reworked faith system

eldargal
08-22-2014, 02:39 AM
wait, there is that, (what 8 years now) old rumour that they couldn't get the models to work in plastic, sure thats 8 years old and before they started using cad, but dont let that detail get in the way of people using "gw is trying/Doing a good job/has reasons" arguments

It's like two-three years old and from Jes Goodwin via a reliable forumite with witnesses so... People are too damned impatient, we had this same thing with people rubbishing Dark Eldar rumours because 'they had been rumoured for years'.

Path Walker
08-22-2014, 03:54 AM
Jes has said it a few times to my knowledge, once when I was there, its the hanging sleeve parts that are a pain for multipart plastics, too much to get in the way, they need to redesign them and that takes time and money, which as a business that needs to work to compete, they are probably not going to focus on something that they don't know will be a success.

eldargal
08-22-2014, 06:18 AM
Exactly, just like Dark Eldar. They will get done in good time but GWs idea of in good time and a hobbyists idea of in good time aren't the same.

daboarder
08-22-2014, 06:35 AM
It's like two-three years old and from Jes Goodwin via a reliable forumite with witnesses so... People are too damned impatient, we had this same thing with people rubbishing Dark Eldar rumours because 'they had been rumoured for years'.

First I heard it (and yes it was jes goodwin) was pre dark eldar re-boot and was taking about an attempt to do it during the mid 2000's. its definitely older than 2-3 years. Don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting that as the situation at the time as it was well before they started using CAD widely. I'm just skeptical that it would have an impact on them being released in 5th or 6th. I dont think GW will drop them (I certainly hope not) but I dont think they are working on them either

eldargal
08-22-2014, 06:38 AM
Well no they aren't literally working on them all the time but bits will be worked on regularly, as they were with Dark Eldar. Some of the designs released in 2010 were sculpted in 2004 onwards from memory.

daboarder
08-22-2014, 06:41 AM
Just for clarity

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?282133-Jes-Goodwin-at-Dark-Eldar-Launch/page4

2010, and I dont even think thats the earliest time this has been mentioned

EDIT:

Im pretty sure the 2004 date for DE was from Jes's concept sketches, which doen't mean that the sculpting had been started, merely that he was exploring the design direcction to take the army. slightly different emphasis.

40kGamer
08-22-2014, 07:53 AM
If Jes gives Sisters the DE treatment then I am willing to wait it out... not happily mind you as us hard core hobbyists want all things right now! :p

Hell I've been waiting for plastic Harlequins forever!

Charon
08-22-2014, 08:15 AM
Hell I've been waiting for plastic Harlequins forever!

Most of the Eldar range is 20y+
Also I really dont want a new DE codex. With all the indirect nerfs to DE due to 7th edition rules and the new kinda "meh" codices I fully expect them do get useless rules and a hefty price increase in points and money all over the army.

eldargal
08-22-2014, 08:20 AM
Fairly sure one of the characters had 2005 on the tab or something? I forget. Jes also did an interview in 2005-7 where he talked about working on Dark Eldar.

40kGamer
08-22-2014, 08:38 AM
Most of the Eldar range is 20y+
Also I really dont want a new DE codex. With all the indirect nerfs to DE due to 7th edition rules and the new kinda "meh" codices I fully expect them do get useless rules and a hefty price increase in points and money all over the army.

I couldn't agree more. The 7th codex trend has me living in fear of how they will wash out the individuality from my other armies. Even though the Eldar range is old a lot of the models still hold up remarkably well... just highlights how ridiculously talented Mr Goodwin is. :)

eldargal
08-22-2014, 08:40 AM
I don't really care about the rules anymore, mostly playing WFB. I welcome new models and hopefully new background.

Charon
08-22-2014, 09:39 AM
I welcome new models and hopefully new background.

Looking at the "new" GK codex.... hope dies last (and is an integral part of a successful torture session)

Lancel
08-25-2014, 10:47 AM
Re-tooling from metal to plastic should be straight forward.

What will take time is trying to get sisters to work in 7th the way that they should.

Pretty sure modern GW wouldn't push back a release because a designer isn't happy with the rules if the models were all ready, for better or for worse. They got quotas to meet on revenue.

I'm still willing to say the issues with the plastics are still true. Dark Eldar took forever for them to finish, and really the only evidence against it is that they haven't been released yet, despite the passage of years. It simply hasn't been given priority due to the other stuff they need to do to keep the business going. There's not really much more that can be said than that. I mean it's hard to argue that GW isn't working on them when it comes straight from Jes Goodwin's mouth.

(That is, the original thing he says about them being delayed due to issues with the models)

eldargal
08-26-2014, 02:58 AM
It's funny because as I said in 2006-7 Jes Goodwin did an interview with someone or other (the podcast was still available a year or two ago) where he talked about working on Dark Eldar and this was dismissed by people who declared with great confidence they would be dropped for Reasons. Much the same way people still insist on doing with SoB. They also used to say it about GK, Tau and Necrons before they were updated.

Charon
08-26-2014, 03:16 AM
I dont think they get dropped (after all the BL books and a small role in a warzone book) but the support for them is really lackluster. Escalation did not bother with them (Dark Eldar? Erm... yeah just go and use the Eldar thingy...), Forgeworld has 3 Models that either look dated (Voidraven) or are slight variations from the standard Raider with stupid rules.
The will most probably get the GK treatment. Less options, no new minis and Haemunculi stuff as extra to purchase Dataslate. Not to mention as they are currently on a quite low price, the repackaging and adjusted price.

Mr Mystery
08-26-2014, 03:16 AM
Dark Eldar, and to some extent Necrons are also a reason not to panic not only for being updated, but the extent they were updated.

After all, Sisters of Battle only have two plastic kits at present, so a full update miniatures wise would have to be extensive. Dark Eldar and Necrons went from slightly shonky forces of limited choice, to a wide range of decent units, and quite a few new ones chucked in!

In short? Chill and relax. The current e-Codex was more than many expected from what I understanding, if not necessarily what the majority wanted.

daboarder
08-26-2014, 03:19 AM
A full update miniatures wise would require 2 boxes (likely would get more, but minimum its 2), Any claims to the contrary are ridiculous given grey knights.

Mr Mystery
08-26-2014, 03:41 AM
To replace existing squad types, kind of.

Infantry and Seraphim, absolutely just two plastic boxes.

Penitent Engines add another, as do those with the Eviscerators (can't recall their name right now!) - that's another two, taking us up to four thus far, which is more or less par for the course for any release at the moment.

Then they'd likely want some kind of Flier, and any new units they wish to drop in (still got fingers crossed for Fraetaris Militia making a come back!), so it does rise quite quickly.

Wolfshade
08-26-2014, 03:43 AM
Seraphims! I had forgotten about them. Those would be a gorgeous multipart plastic kit.

If SoB come out in Plastic I am getting them. I don't care about their rules.

daboarder
08-26-2014, 04:27 AM
Seraphims! I had forgotten about them. Those would be a gorgeous multipart plastic kit.

If SoB come out in Plastic I am getting them. I don't care about their rules.

I'm just waiting to start a "valkyire/shield maiden" style list, lost of nordic conversions and the like ala space wolves

Wolfshade
08-26-2014, 04:34 AM
I would upvote that plog!

Having seen your conversions thus far, I am quite excited by the thoughts of this.

Lancel
08-26-2014, 08:35 AM
Saying the Sisters have two plastic kits is a bit generous. There is truly only one single Sisters sprue shared between them, the rest is borrowed from the Rhino kit. The Exorcist throws in a metal pipe organ on top of that. When they do get a release, it will probably be pretty huge. Three kits minimum, probably four or five:

Canoness
Infantry
Seraphim (though they could annoyingly drop them into Infantry)
Repentia
Penitent Engine

And that still leaves Celestine, Conclaves, half the Exorcist, and a few other odd

daboarder
08-26-2014, 10:04 PM
I would upvote that plog!

Having seen your conversions thus far, I am quite excited by the thoughts of this.

Cheers mate, I'm geetting impacient about it to be honest, and if my current projects (the nids and then some more chaos) wind up before they get released then a mate of mine and I are just going to cast our own resin sisters and convert them (or potentially make masters of them)