PDA

View Full Version : Using a GW Knight kit to make a Cerastus Knight-Lancer?

Xaric
08-20-2014, 10:56 AM
Now i understand the model is half the size of the FW model but is there any way to use the GW knight using other kits to make a lancer knight because paying £170 is crazy but the model is sexy its just i would rather just buy 2 GW knights for that amount of money.

My idea so far is grab hold of a Fire Prism eldar kit And use the turret as a spear wile using the turret shell with some modifycation as a shield would this work? the olny problem i see with my plan is i dont want to brake the rule of using the smaller hight as a advantage i dont plan my models for advantageis i just like assembling and painting really cool models :)

Theik
08-21-2014, 04:59 AM
I actually made a very similar post on dakkadakka with the exact same idea, although my personal reason wasn't so much the money as the fact that I think the lancer looks wonky.

The suggestions I was given included the idea you were going with (fire prism kit), using plasticard to make the shield. Another suggestion was using a dread fist to make the hand.

As for the height, I really wouldn't consider it that much of a problem. A knight is already pretty darn big and pretty much visible at all times, and if it really bothers them that much just tell them it's twice as high as it really is and they can see it over buildings. My personal plan is to have mine posed mid-jump to add extra height to make it stand out, but it still isn't going to be anywhere near the wonky length of the real deal.