PDA

View Full Version : Throne of skullz 2 weeks away. Need constructive criticism on Space Wolves list?

empty pockets
08-18-2014, 09:53 PM
I love space wolves because of their loyalty and they're "I don't take crap from anyone" attitude. All in all they still hold onto what makes them Fenrisians. So I ask for opinions (from all you lads) for advice on my list. Criticism welcome!
Wolf Guard BL on TW w/armor of russ, storm shield, helm of durfast, black death, 2 wolfies. 221pts
6 thunderwolves w/2power fists, 4 wolf claws, 4 storm shields. 405pts
10 wolfies. 80pts
3 drop pods w/deathwind missiles. 150pts (now that we can strike on the turn we deep strike I like to take these 15pts ea, not bad)
1 Stormwolf w/meltas. 235pts
6 longfangs w/plasma gun, 1 plasma can, 1 las can, 3 missile 2 with flakk. 220pts
15 blood claws w/wolf priest and wolfin stone. 330pts
2 squads of grey hunters x5ea (in drop pods) w/2flamers, 1 standard, 2 power axe. 210pts----- Total: 1851pts

Fenrisian1
10-03-2014, 10:43 AM
I like your concept, however, it strikes me as unfocused.

If you are going to go with a Thunderwolf star, may as well use the whole hog.

Upgrade to a WL, give him either black death or a Thunderhammer (could go power fist if you are tight on points) Make sure to give him 2 wolves.

Give all the TWC SS and PF. You can cut PF first then shields if you need points.

Take 2 Iron Priests put them on Thunderwolves, and give them 4 Cyber wolves each. This gives you about 40 S10 AP 2 attacks on the charge. Put either the WL or the Iron priest in front to tank wounds and if need be pass them off onto the Fenrisian Wolves then the Cyberwolves.

If you face lots of Grav weapons, they still hurt this squad on 4+ because Cyber wolves only have a 4 up and are the majority. The only things to really watch out for are S10 Blasts. Those you just want to make sure die ASAP.

The other problem you are going to run into is you don't have a lot of dedicated Anti Tank (AV 13-14). I'd drop the 3 random drop pods and buff up your two Grey hunter squads. Give them Meltas.

Your long fangs are too scattered in their purpose and are going to get chewed to pieces. I tend to do 4 of one type and one of a different type to really make use of the Split Fire. 4ML and 1 LC are usually sufficient. Also much cheaper.

Redundancy is usually the way to keep threats on your opponent. Unless you have several units with similar abilities, you lose a lot if they focus on the most dangerous at the time.