PDA

View Full Version : Space Wolves with Full Drop Pods

Whereswaldo
08-17-2014, 10:27 AM
Bjorn the Fell-Handed (Assault Cannon, Drop Pod) – 255

Dreadnought (Multi-Melta, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod) – 140
Dreadnought (Multi-Melta, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with Heavy Flamer, Drop Pod) – 140

Grey Hunters (Wolf Guard Pack Leader with Combi-Melta & Melta Bombs, 9 Grey Hunters, 2 Melta Guns, Close Combat Weapons, Drop Pod) – 243
Grey Hunters (Wolf Guard Pack Leader with Combi-Melta & Melta Bombs, 9 Grey Hunters, 2 Melta Guns, Close Combat Weapons, Drop Pod) – 243
Grey Hunters (Wolf Guard Pack Leader with Combi-Plasma & Melta Bombs, 9 Grey Hunters, 2 Plasma Guns, Drop Pod) – 235
Grey Hunters (Wolf Guard Pack Leader with Combi-Plasma & Melta Bombs, 9 Grey Hunters, 2 Plasma Guns, Drop Pod) – 235

= 1491

4 Drop Pods hit on turn 1, and the rest of the pods come in and clean up whats left .... threw this together fast, I think the math is right but it might be a little off, Thoughts?

jenkatron
08-18-2014, 01:34 AM
I like the dreads, and I like the general idea

First thought is I'm not sure on the points efficiency of extra CC weapons and think your 40 pts might be better spent elsewhere.

empty pockets
08-18-2014, 10:41 PM
looks pretty good! I personally would not run a pack leader. I would run a rune priest level 1, smaller squad and include deathwind missile launcher with my drop pods (now that they can fire on the turn you deep strike, and only 15pts for missile launcher at S5. Not bad!) Hit em with Biomancy and S5 missiles. This decimates Ork army's. Great for capturing and holding objectives. Especially if you Deepstrike two per objective. Keep your squad holding the objective in cover if you can. Let your drop pods stand between you and the enemy. That's how I do it. Hope it helps.

- - - Updated - - -

I think your right about the CC weapons. Better off one squad buying the wolf standard and supporting one to two other squads. 3 squads under one wolf standard is a lot cheaper than 60pts for CC weapons.