PDA

View Full Version : Would this be viable for a Servitor?

Xaric
08-14-2014, 06:48 AM
Well to start off I hate the GW Servitors they seem too organic to me when I think Servitor I think like a robot of some sort not a cyborg so I have this idea that might be crazy to work as I just finished my Armored Sentinel's and I have some plasma cannons left over and I have been looking at the tau stealth suits if I used the plasma cannons of the Armored Sentinel's and do some cutting of the things on top of the stealth suit it should look like a sort of droid also is it also possible to change the face/head of the tau stealth suit would this be a viable Servitor?

completeHook
08-14-2014, 01:59 PM
I couldn't agree more about how dull the servitor models are. Considering how ubiquitous they are in the background, how many different forms they take and how perfectly they encapsulate everything that is wrong with the Imperium, it's such a shame the models seem to be an afterthought. The few servitors FW make look more like they should, really capturing what macabre things they are, but they are no good for the tool/weapon servitor and still look like cyborgs rather than robots.

The Stealth Suit is an undeniably cool model but it could take quite a bit of work to stop it from looking like a Tau. For instance the hoofed feet of Tau is one of the areas that really gives them their unique look differentiating them from the other 40k races.

10597 10596

Using the Thallax as a guide it would probably be fairly straight forward to change the feet of the Stealth Suit to a more Imperial design. It would really be a question of going round the model trying to get rid of those distinctive Tau angles on the armour, but it seems adding Tau parts to imperial miniatures (more common but the same is true the other way round) will usually just make them look more like Tau. I think it is because the design of the Tau is so unmistakable it just seems to overpower anything they are put next to. Great if you are making some Gue'vesa but it is something to bear in mind.

It seems like a viable idea because if you look at the silhouettes of the Stealth Suit and the Thallax they are quite similar, and if all else fails stick enough skulls and purity seals on it and you should be able to purge the taint of xenos-tech.

Xaric
08-14-2014, 03:33 PM
i will remove the jetpack off the lower back use some green stuff to make a sort of lower half robe the hoof legs can be done with some brass to make it look more robotic I have the plasma cannons from my Sentinel's so on the gun arm it should look more robotic will get rid of that thing on the very top of the head and smove it out aftall my army consists of 3 knights 10 sentinel's and its more mech themed then anything :D

completeHook
08-14-2014, 03:51 PM
That sounds very cool.