PDA

View Full Version : Rune Priest can't take Storm Shield?

JMichael
08-11-2014, 12:47 AM
Perhaps a misprint that will be FAQ'd, but in both the printed codex and non-iOS digital a A Rune Priest in Terminator armour may only take items from the Special Issue Wargear and/ or Relics of the Fang lists.

But a Wolf Lord in Terminator armour may take items from the Terminator Weapons, Special Issue Wargear and/ or Relics of the Fang lists.

Also no combi weapon for the Rune Priest. Just Storm Bolter and Runic Axe.
I'm not a Space Wolves player, does this seem correct to all of you or do you think it will/needs to be FAQ'd?

daboarder
08-11-2014, 01:33 AM
Whats the book say?

seriously though, its like Blood angel captains not having access to Artificer Armour, its wierd doesnt make a whole load of sense, but is what it is

Serenapth
08-11-2014, 06:16 AM
Just the same as SM Libby in Termy Armour. Special issue Wargear and Relics

DWest
08-11-2014, 06:47 AM
The difference is, SM Librarians explicitly have an option to get a Storm Shield as part of their upgrade to Terminator Armour. A bit odd that it didn't carry over to SW.

AirHorse
08-11-2014, 06:54 AM
I thought they took away the option for a terminator Librarian to take a stormshield completely, in which case the rune priest has it the same as a SM librarian as Seranapth says!

Mr.Pickelz
08-11-2014, 07:38 AM
It seems GW wants Libby's (of all flavors) to be support characters, and not front-line "killy" characters. By stripping them of things like Combi-weapons and Stormshields, it seems (imo) that gw is forcing a reliance on psyker powers for justification for the unit. A psyker should not be running around with a combi-melta and SS, because that would take away his ability to cast psyker powers, I guess. This doesn't make much sense to me, but forcing psykers to be only psykers kinda sucks.

Edit: Also notice how much cheaper rune priests are now! :)

Charon
08-11-2014, 08:14 AM
Forcing psykers to be psykers is actually a good thing. If they were "killy" too, there would be no reason to ever get a non-psyker.

Demonus
08-11-2014, 09:16 AM
SM can take the relic storm shield it looks like. Its kinda odd that it says terminators can replace x for y, but then adds the stipulation librarians can ONLY choose items from special wargear and relics.

Of course if you look for a description of a Storm Shield where is it list?
Special Issue Wargear lol

DWest
08-11-2014, 09:39 AM
I just checked, there's no FAQ contradicting it, so the wording in Codex: SM is still valid, and it says:
"A Librarian may replace his power armour, bolt pistol, and [grenades] with Terminatour Armour.
-A Librarian in Terminator Armour may only take items from the Special Issue Wargear and/or Chapter Relics lists.
-A Librarian in Terminator Armour may take one of the following:
*Storm Bolter
*Combi-flamer, -melta, or -plasma
*Storm Shield"

It's a goofy way of going about it, but there it is.

Storm96
08-11-2014, 10:25 AM
The Dark Angels librarian in Term armor cant take a Storm Shield either. Very sad.

Serenapth
08-11-2014, 02:05 PM
The difference is, SM Librarians explicitly have an option to get a Storm Shield as part of their upgrade to Terminator Armour. A bit odd that it didn't carry over to SW.

Not according to my codex (hardback and e-version). Librarians in Term Arm can only have relic weapons and special issue,, neither of which contains Stormshield.
Spec issue is auspex, melta bombs etc
Same for power arm, with the addition of ranged weaps

JMichael
08-11-2014, 04:19 PM
A correction. Rune Priest in Terminator armour can take combi-weapons (and also needs to pay for a Storm Bolter).
Looks like the Wolf Priest also cannot take Storm Shields.

DWest
08-11-2014, 04:24 PM
Not according to my codex (hardback and e-version). Librarians in Term Arm can only have relic weapons and special issue,, neither of which contains Stormshield.
Spec issue is auspex, melta bombs etc
Same for power arm, with the addition of ranged weaps
Look again- it's in a series of bullet points below the Special Issue Wargear and Relics.

Serenapth
08-12-2014, 12:06 AM
Look again- it's in a series of bullet points below the Special Issue Wargear and Relics.
In the Space Marine Codex, wargear section (e-version) at start of army list, I see that under the TERMINATOR weapons section, replace power weapon with one of the following etc Storm shield etc. this is not special issue wargear section!!!
I will be able to check the hard copy versions when i get home tomorrow, but i cannot see it being different.

DWest
08-12-2014, 05:53 AM
It's not in special issue. I already posted this earlier in this thread, but I'll repost it because you're still not seeing it. In the Librarian entry, there is a list of bullet points of what you can take. It goes like this:
-Special Issue Wargear and Relics
-Take one of the following:
*Storm Bolter
*Combi-Weapon
*or Storm Shield