PDA

View Full Version : Behold Bawl'akor the Everlasting in all of shameless glory !

WAAAGH_Jobo
08-10-2014, 04:21 PM
...because why would a daemon who's invisible most of the time even bother to wear any clothes ?!

I don't know if this is the right section of the forum for posting our painted miniatures, but here is my latest Chaos Daemon conversion.

There are more pictures on my blog...

Brenlak
08-10-2014, 11:59 PM
Well that's not fair my French Brother From Another Mother, what did you use to get that blood so predominate? Not only that but your base is beast! As responsible internet users we should be giving back to the web (I need a better camera!) that is what makes the Internet great, make it a source of painting advice, any tips to help a fellow Canuck out?

marful
08-11-2014, 01:05 AM
Well that's not fair my French Brother From Another Mother, what did you use to get that blood so predominate? Not only that but your base is beast! As responsible internet users we should be giving back to the web (I need a better camera!) that is what makes the Internet great, make it a source of painting advice, any tips to help a fellow Canuck out?

The base looks like it's from Hirst Arts molds. I recognize some of the pieces and the crystals.

Also, I'd like more info on how the blood on the cobblestone was done. It looks great!

WAAAGH_Jobo
08-11-2014, 06:55 AM
Hi !

The base is entirely scratch-built out of green stuff. I started up with some Star Trek attack wing objectives because they were conveniently round and the right size, then covered them in PVA glue and let to dry. This allowed for the green stuff to stick to it. And then I sculpted the stones, one by one until the base was finished.

I also did my own crystals. I rolled up green stuff cones and let to cure for 24h. And then with a brand new x-acto blade, I cut the facets to them (and as usual with a new blade, a few cuts into my thumb). I glued them around the pedestal and added sand to the rest.

It seems I didn't take pictures of the base without paint, but on the primed one, we can still see the green stuff showing through... Although I used the same technique on all my daemon bases. I included a picture of the base I use for my Herald on disk of tzeentch.

The blood is Blood for the Blood God technical paint. That thing is wonderful. Does exactly what you want it to do. I also used gloss on the obsidian crystal and sword once the model was varnished.

Xaric
08-11-2014, 12:32 PM
All hail the daemon wang !!!

Brenlak
08-14-2014, 11:14 PM
I love it! Finally a use for attack wing stuff, that game turned out to be a lifesaver for me.

I play Tyranids and I absolutely hate the way the Tentaclids attach to the Crone. I went about magnetizing them and placing them on the carapace but it looked a bit weird ( I didn't like it but it did get some compliments) and they were constantly falling off when I would move her. In the end I decided to do what Jes Bickham did and put them on flying bases on the base of the Crone. Figured that I could put them at different heights on large and small bases but discovered they were the same height after I had drilled the magnets out of the Tentaclids (and drilled a hole in them that fits a flying base). The solution was the pegs from attack wing ( Didn't want to use the way better ships that are in X-wing) you can keep stacking them up and the top of the peg fits very well into the hole that was drilled to fit the flying bases, think I might try and cannibalize the ships to make ironic bases for my nids!

eurieus
08-15-2014, 01:26 AM
This made me loled so hard ... Haha, thanks mate :D Great basing and painting job !!