PDA

View Full Version : Make your BoLS go further.

The_Gonk
08-09-2014, 12:39 PM
I'm here pretty infrequently, with sometimes small and sometimes pretty big chunks of time away due to work. I was a bit perturbed by this: http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?47863-All-Is-Quiet-on-the-Western-Front-Anecdotal-Evidence-of-Doom

And the fact that a few posts of mine (admittedly only from a week or so ago) are hanging around near the top of their sub-forums.

So, I'm posting this here because this seems to be amongst the most active sub-fora (sadly, the non-hobby stuff one).

How can we, the regulars and irregulars of BoLs like myself, improve the damn place?

Herdstone has a few different little competitions and awards, might that be an idea? Even if it just meant you won the 'right' to a special title, signature or some such daft.

Any thoughts?

Mr Mystery
08-09-2014, 02:02 PM
I dunno! We have for my money the best quality posts out there on the Interwebs, and far fewer arsehole posters than other Forums.

We don't tend to get bogged down in personal attacks, and when we do, the Mods do what Mods do. Wear a Parka jacket, and ride their Quality Moped right over the trolls.

And without that controversy and ceaseless trolling, we appear quieter when what we actually have is a really solid noise/signal ratio.

There's also the issue that whenever we do expand, many come here treating it as if it's just another Trollfest. And those who have enjoyed BoLs for a while rightfully shut them down, because we care about our quality here. Downside to this of course is that we can be seen as elitist, as nobody seems to notice we embrace the non-trolls with open arms.

But I say lets do it. We just need more topics!

daboarder
08-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Just keep posting good content. For mysf I make an attempt to do atleast 1 "article" style post a week.

Mr Mystery
08-09-2014, 04:08 PM
I'm working on one about a £150 army challenge.

Trick there is to keep it neutral, as it could quite easily become a price point whinefest, which isn't what I'm after.

Deadlift
08-09-2014, 04:11 PM
I offered to provide a prize for a BoLs comp awhile back. I didn't even get a reply.