PDA

View Full Version : Nagash Returns & Nurgle Gets some Love!

Pages : [1] 2

Bigred
08-08-2014, 11:02 AM
Darnok (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?398133-WHF-in-the-near-future) says:

I have got the following bits from a birdy that has yet to let me down even once (and has tweeted to me for over a year):

- A "big thing" for WHF at the end of August - sadly no details, but the notion of "the shape of things to come!" ... confirmed as being the return of Nagash

- Nurgle gets some love in October: a book, 3 plastic kits and a clampack - again, sadly no details about this

Arthurius11 follows up with:

Have some more "rumours" in regard to the end times campaign coming, as usual take them as you will.

Along with Nagash and the vampire releases I mentioned earlier there will also be new release models for tomb kings, skaven, chaos and dark elves.

Thanquol and bone ripper will be getting there own new models along with a new plastic vermin lord. There will also be new fantasy terrain.

There will be a new Nagash model.

via Felwether (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?398899-WHF-in-the-near-future-Mk-II&p=7246681&viewfull=1#post7246681) and Archibald_TK (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?398899-WHF-in-the-near-future-Mk-II) 8-18-2014

Warhammer, The End Times is noted to contain new rules that change the way a game of Warhammer can be played. It is not a new edition.

Releases:

Warhammer: Nagash - 2 hardback books in a slip case. €65

Book 1: 296 page fluff book detailing the return of Nagash and events that affect every Warhammer race.

Book 2: 96 page book containing rules for Nagash, new miniatures, the Lore of Undeath, Undead Legion, fighting underground and more apparently.

Nagash - no mention of him being a dual kit, rules are included in the box. €85(!!)

Magic Cards

Nagash Novel

What the background in the WD tell us:
- I hope you didn't like Kislev, because there is no longer a Kislev.
- Archaon advance have been stalled by Vlad under the order of Nagash (the Empire was in major trouble).
- Nagash goes fighting to unite the Tomb Kings and VC (one of the scenario pictured in WD translate into "the Fall of Settra").

Regarding miniatures/rules:
- Nagash is magnificent, and very very tall thanks to his flying posture (he is supported by a bunch of souls).
- But he's not that massive overall, I have no idea how he managed to reach the 85€ pricetag.
- Not a dual kit.
- No other models that week, but the ones serving under him are hinted at the end of WD for the week after (so I suppose Vlad and that Arkhan dude, note that I know the WFB lore very poorly).
- As people expected, the new magic lore appear to work like Demonology for 40k (except with undead).
- Rules are changing with that extension, 50% lords for example.

via La Taberna De Laurana (http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com/2014/08/rumores-mas-datos-sobre-el-regreso-de.html) 8-18-2014

Nagash and Friends - HOLY MOLY - LOOK at those minis!!!

Ben_S
08-08-2014, 11:55 AM
Nagash Rumor Roundup (Cont.)

via Grot Orderly (http://grotorderly.blogspot.com/2014/08/white-dwarf-30-wycieki-leaks.html) 8-19-2014

Prices and release dates

via Steve the Warboss 8-21-2014

The Nagash Book is the first of the "Endtime" Expansions Series for Warhammer Fantasy.
In October the next Endtimes Book will come. Featuring the Chaos.

via Voice of the Chaos Gods 8-22-2014

Week II
-Manfred/Arkhan/Neferata Combi-Box
-Spirit Hosts
-Novel

Week III
-Valten
-Valten Mounted
-Morghast Combi-Box
-Novel

Other voices say:

The Nagash Book includes rules for Valten and a Chaos Warrior Champion

Via La Taberna De Laurana (http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com/) 8-23-2014

via L'Atropate (http://astropate.blogspot.com/2014/08/undead-legions-la-lista-dellesercito.html#more) 8-24-2014

Undead Legions: Army List
Army Composition is only changed to allow 50% Lords

(N): Warhammer Nagash
(CV): Vampire Counts
(RF): Tomb Kings

Lords

Nagash
Mannfred von Carstein, Mortarch of Night
Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament
Neferata, Mortarch of Blood
Krell, Mortarch of Despair
Vlad von Carstein, Mortarch of Shadow
Vampire Lord
High Necromancer
Ghoul King Strigoi
High Queen Khalida
Tomb King
High Liche Priest

Heroes

Necromancer
Vampire
Wight King
Cairn Wraith
Tomb Banshee
Prince Apophas
Tomb Prince
Tomb Herald
Liche Priest
Necrotect

Core Units

Zombies
Vampire Counts Skeleton Warriors
Cypt Ghouls
Dire Wolves
Tomb Kings Skeleton Warriors
Skeleton Archers
Skeleton Horsemen
Skeleton Horsemen with bows
Skeleton Chariot

Special Units

Corpse Cart
Grave Guard
Black Knights
Cypt Horrors
Fell Bats
Bat Swarm
Spirit Host
Hexwraiths
Vargheists
Tomb Guards
Necropolis Knights
Tomb Scorpion
Ushabti
Tomb Swarm
Carrion
Khemrian Warsphinx
Sepulchral Stalkers
Morgast Harbingers

Rare Units

Varghulfs
Blood Knights
Cairn Wraiths
Black Coach
Terrorgheist
Mortis Engine
Bones Giant
Hierotitan
Necrosphinx
Screaming Skull Catapult
Casket of Souls
Morghast Archai

Via Steve the Warboss 8-25-2014

Endtimes will have 4 Books;

Book 1 will release Late August

Book 2 with Chaos releases in October.

Book 3 with Skaven releases in January.

Book 4 with other Forces releases in March.

Shortly after this WFB 9th Edition arrives. The Rulebook releases at the same time of year as 40k 7th did in 2014.

WD 31 via Grot Orderly (http://grotorderly.blogspot.com/2014/08/white-dwarf-31-wycieki-leaks.html) 8-25-2014

Harry's (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?399509-Changes-to-Warhammer-in-2015-aka-quot-The-Spanish-Rumours-quot&p=7264019&viewfull=1#post7264019) BACK from the wilderness!

You may remember last year I was being very vague about some 'radical changes' in a thread about 9th edition.

Back at the start of the year, in one of my first posts of the new year I said this:

I don't think they are trying to destroy it.
I suspect they will be trying their hardest to breath new life into it.
We are not seeing the "End times" for Warhammer just yet.

Did you see what I did there?
The clues are always there fellas.

So I first heard about all this last autumn?
I was told 2014 would be "Year zero" for Warhammer.

Had no idea what that meant at first but if you Google your way to the wikipedia you get this:

The term Year Zero (Khmer: ឆ្នាំសូន្យ chhnam saun), applied to the takeover of Cambodia in April 1975 by the Khmer Rouge, is an analogy to the Year One of the French Revolutionary Calendar. During the French Revolution, after the abolition of the French monarchy (September 20, 1792), the National Convention instituted a new calendar and declared the beginning of the Year I. The Khmer Rouge takeover of Phnom Penh was rapidly followed by a series of drastic revolutionary de-industrialization policies resulting in a death toll that vastly exceeded that of the French Reign of Terror.

The idea behind Year Zero is that all culture and traditions within a society must be completely destroyed or discarded and a new revolutionary culture must replace it, starting from scratch. All history of a nation or people before Year Zero is deemed largely irrelevant, as it will (as an ideal) be purged and replaced from the ground up.

It was made clear to me that this was what we were talking about for warhammer.
Everything that existed being completely destroyed (or discarded) and something new replacing it from scratch ... purged and replaced from the ground up.

I hinted in various posts that they would be getting rid of the existing timeline, the existing map, etc. (In an effort to soften the blow. )

I am going to get this a bit wrong because I honestly can't remember where I heard it but to confirm the three book rumour .... I did hear the "End times" were going to be spread over three books.

Nagash was the first, followed by Malekith followed by Glotkin

Good luck with that!
----------------------------
Original post

I hope the new Nagash model is as good as the Gary Morley classic...

Mr Mystery
08-08-2014, 12:03 PM
Nagash Rumors Continued:

via Wojna (http://miniwojna.blogspot.com.es/2014/09/kolejne-wsparcie-dla-ozywiencow-further.html) 9-1-2014

via The Mexican Ork (https://www.facebook.com/mexork) 9-2-2014

Morghast Latest:

---------------------------------------
ORIGINAL POST

New stuff for Dark Elves?

But their range is complete, and no models are all that old?

Salty!

Gwhizz84
08-08-2014, 12:15 PM
A new Nagash would be utterly awesome but mm, something doesn't quite seem to add up, also Bretonnian players must be screwing :/

Crownblade
08-08-2014, 12:30 PM
...also Bretonnian players must be screwing :/

We are...

Brakkart
08-08-2014, 03:10 PM
Nagash has been absent from Warhammer for far too long. Really hope this rumour is true and that he has a new model that does him justice. The cover of the 3rd of the Nagash trilogy has some very good art for him, a figure based off this would rock!

Mr Mystery
08-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Sigmar's Blood has offered up a new story.

SPOILER

In short, Mannfred succeeds in sacrificing various and sundry Priests and Priestesses (including Volkmar!), and plunging Sylvania into eternal night. This is canon. This has happened in the Warhammer World! And it seems to be part of a grand plan to ressurect Nagash....

Captain Bubonicus
08-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Bretonnian players must be screwing :/

Glad SOMEBODY is "getting some!"

Brakkart
08-08-2014, 03:33 PM
Sigmar's Blood has offered up a new story.

Hmm yeah that tallies with the fiction and scenarios of Manfred abducting the High Elf Princess and taking her to Nagashizzar. I did wonder if that was building up to something. Hopefully in addition to Nagash it would be nice to get some new figures for his chief lieutenants such as Zacharias (I think that's the Necrarch vampire guy's name anyway) and Arkhan the Black. Mannfred, Krell and Heinrich Kemmler already have good figures, but Arkhan in particular needs one as he's in the current Tomb Kings book and there's no figure in production for him.

Vash108
08-08-2014, 03:44 PM
Maybe I can finally pull my Time Kings out of their storage bin. But I won't be holding my breath.

Marco Brigo
08-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Maybe I can finally pull my Time Kings out of their storage bin. But I won't be holding my breath.

Poor TKs! I got an army too but i don't play them often. I was very hyped by the new models and stuff when they came up. Ended up building a Khalida 300pts list with truckloads of archers (50+20) and some other funny circus units to circle them (sphinx, some chariots, 3+3 petrifyng sand snakes, catapults, arc an stuff), but in the end it gets shelved most of the time in favour of other armies...

If some new models are to come out i guess it's a double kit for Necrolith Colossus + Titan. It's the only thing missing (as far as big kits goes, i would be really be pissed if it's just a char like Arkhan or something like that)... I would be pleased tbh. I wouldn't mind a pair of Necroliths to put in a hand to hand list with a deathstar of tomb guards and some necropolis dead snake riders...

YourSwordisMine
08-08-2014, 08:06 PM
I hope the new Nagash model is as good as the Gary Morley classic...

What ever do you mean?

http://www.nerdherderspodcast.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/nagash.jpg

Crownblade
08-08-2014, 10:45 PM
I just hope we get some generic char. as well. A vamp. clampack would awesome.

Wildeybeast
08-09-2014, 04:07 AM
New stuff for Dark Elves?

But their range is complete, and no models are all that old?

Salty!

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/920x950/99810212006_HarpiesNEW01.jpg

Also the shades are looking pretty dated.

eldargal
08-09-2014, 06:37 AM
Hope the new Dark Elf kit is something interesting. Nagash will be fun to see, wonder how they will do it? Hard to see how he could fit into VC/TK comfortably really.

Brakkart
08-09-2014, 06:45 AM
Hope the new Dark Elf kit is something interesting. Nagash will be fun to see, wonder how they will do it? Hard to see how he could fit into VC/TK comfortably really.

I've always thought he would have his own army list if/when they brought him back as he uses elements of both VC & TK armies.

eldargal
08-09-2014, 06:50 AM
Yup me too, seems the best choice.

bfmusashi
08-09-2014, 09:51 AM
I like the old Nagash. It really drives home that he's a dude that lives alone for centuries at a time and occasionally leaves his house to cause untold suffering upon the public. We must remember there is no internet in the Warhammer world and poor Nagash is going off waaaaaay outdated styles for his outfits. Really look at what he's wearing.
His hat is a giant pile of skulls with a skull on top and bat wings on the sides. His staff is just skulls, with a bat, that also has a skull instead of a head. The kids these days are afraid of skulls right?
He has a high collar and shoulder pads (likely because he's wasted away under there and wants to be imposing). He's trying really hard guys.

Cutter
08-09-2014, 11:57 AM

Nagash comes back, VC and TK get binned, new undead army book mashes both lists together.

Sorted.

The_Gonk
08-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Nagash comes back, VC and TK get binned, new undead army book mashes both lists together.

Sorted.

I can see it's possible but I hope this is wrong. I'm hoping he's just a crazy special character for a campaign book with some mental battle scrolls.

Ben_S
08-09-2014, 01:12 PM
New Harpies is a good call. What I'd really like is a dual kit that does Harpies and Daemon Furies - I imagine that could be feasible, but I doubt that GW would ever think far enough outside the box to do a dual kit that covers two different armies.

Mr Mystery
08-09-2014, 01:43 PM

Sorted.

Nah. I mean the Tomb Kings were able to rise against and beat off Nagash (fnarr). He seemingly has no or extremely limited power over them. And certainly Settra appears to have more.

And many Vampires aren't exactly keen on him either. Far rather knock about with their own plans for world domination

Gwhizz84
08-09-2014, 03:39 PM
Manfred finds Nagash's crown, gives it back to him, and he rocks the world maybe? :D or no that's too optimistic :(

Wildeybeast
08-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Whilst I am cautiously excited about exciting new stuff, and the opportunity to filling multiple holes in various army books, I remain peso itistc as to what models we will actually see and what form the campaign willtake.

BeardMonk
08-11-2014, 01:21 AM
Wicked. This is exactly what WHF needs. I can always do with some new goodies for my Triple snake list!

Either that or Nagash has returned to form a Norwegian Death Metal Band........

Erik Setzer
08-11-2014, 12:10 PM
I like the old Nagash. It really drives home that he's a dude that lives alone for centuries at a time and occasionally leaves his house to cause untold suffering upon the public. We must remember there is no internet in the Warhammer world and poor Nagash is going off waaaaaay outdated styles for his outfits. Really look at what he's wearing.
His hat is a giant pile of skulls with a skull on top and bat wings on the sides. His staff is just skulls, with a bat, that also has a skull instead of a head. The kids these days are afraid of skulls right?
He has a high collar and shoulder pads (likely because he's wasted away under there and wants to be imposing). He's trying really hard guys.

You know, in comparison to Murderface McMurderpants, the old Nagash model might be too subtle.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorted.

So basically, the Undead go back to the way they were in 4th edition?

onlyonepinman
08-11-2014, 12:46 PM
Wonder how they will do it? Hard to see how he could fit into VC/TK comfortably really.

Here's some artwork, stoled (?) from Bell of Lost Souls. This is, IMO, a much better take on Nagash - much more contemporary in it's styling. I also like the images of what you might call a "young" Nagash!

With any luck, this is what the Nagash Model will look like. Admittedly he looks more like a Tomb Kings character in the pictures but let's wait and see what the models look like.

Chronowraith
08-11-2014, 01:51 PM
Here's some artwork, stoled (?) from Bell of Lost Souls. This is, IMO, a much better take on Nagash - much more contemporary in it's styling. I also like the images of what you might call a "young" Nagash!

With any luck, this is what the Nagash Model will look like. Admittedly he looks more like a Tomb Kings character in the pictures but let's wait and see what the models look like.

I don't think she was referring to Nagash fitting into TK or VC aesthetic-wise but rather lore-wise. Nagash is hated by the Tomb Kings and hated/feared by the Vampire Counts. He'd almost have to be a separate faction of his own.

So I'll keep my barrel of salt over here for this rumor. If it happens then cool beans, otherwise, it's just a rumor.

Erik Setzer
08-11-2014, 02:10 PM

That makes sense, given that he's originally from Khemri...

Gwhizz84
08-11-2014, 02:56 PM
Also since he's been dead for like 3,000 years and been resurrected by himself twice now, I doubt he'll have skin and such :\ He may look like the cover of the third book, skull-faced with glowing eyes and such though.

onlyonepinman
08-12-2014, 02:08 AM
I don't think she was referring to Nagash fitting into TK or VC aesthetic-wise but rather lore-wise. Nagash is hated by the Tomb Kings and hated/feared by the Vampire Counts. He'd almost have to be a separate faction of his own.

So I'll keep my barrel of salt over here for this rumor. If it happens then cool beans, otherwise, it's just a rumor.

I think the first thing to remember is GW HAS never been one to shy away from ret-conning their fluff, if they want Nagash they will ret con as appropriate.

On the other hand, if they're advancing the story, then no ret-conning is required, instead it's what we (speaking as someone who used to write plot for a LARP system) call Flange, where you write a story to enable a specific character or event or item that might otherwise not really seem feasible (I think pros tend to call it Deus Ex Machina, but chumps like me call it flange). However, as the most powerful Liche ever to have lived (existed?), it is entirely possible that it doesn't really matter whether the Tomb Kings like him or not, the thing with Unliving beings is they're always susceptible to being controlled by the most powerful Necromancers. So if they don't like him, they can sit there and seethe and rage all they like, but if Nagash is pulling their strings, they're still going to have to do his bidding. A bit of internal struggle within a single faction is always good fun.

onlyonepinman
08-12-2014, 02:18 AM
Also since he's been dead for like 3,000 years and been resurrected by himself twice now, I doubt he'll have skin and such :\ He may look like the cover of the third book, skull-faced with glowing eyes and such though.

Well, Imhotep was about 3000 years old and he looked pretty good for his age. Well, he did once he'd eaten the various bits of the tomb raiders who dug him up, but still. Always remember, if you can't figure out why something is like it is, a wizard probably did it and then ran away. However, that being said, I think the second of the two images I posted, the one where he aappears to be stood on a pile of Skaven, might be the best option to take (even though I personally love the young Nagash picture). He's still got a vaguely humanoid form and size but he's definitely in liche form. I'd prefer him to look at least partially human as it hints at vanity and former glory and also possibly hints at a power beyond that of the Tomb Kings, something has allowed him to retain some of his human form or perhaps restore it completely. He becomes more than just a reanimated collection of bones. I think they can say more about Nagash by making him more human than they would by making him into a skeletal monster; the scaryness lies in what's not there and what that implies. Just my own opinion though, obviously everyone has preferences.

Mr Mystery
08-12-2014, 02:32 AM
Nagash also mutated somewhat during his life. Likely the exposure to all that Warpstone.

The Nagash Trilogy is so worth reading it's not funny. Except for the ending of the first book. But you'll have to read it to find out why that bit is silly.

Brakkart
08-12-2014, 07:13 AM
Nagash also mutated somewhat during his life. Likely the exposure to all that Warpstone.

The Nagash Trilogy is so worth reading it's not funny. Except for the ending of the first book. But you'll have to read it to find out why that bit is silly.

Yeah he grows to like 12 feet tall for one thing!

and couldn't agree with you more on the Nagash Trilogy, especially the first book of it which is basically a masterclass in how NOT to fight a Necromancer. To be fair to his opponents they come from a culture that reveres death and so what Nagash does is utterly abhorent to them, but still reading it from the point of view of a fantasy fan who knows what Necromancy can do etc, it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion as you read about the battles and you can see what's going to happen. One of the kings opposing him actually breaks down in tears at one point in despair as he realises that all of the things he has to take into account as a general of a living army are nothing at all to Nagash, if anything his troops are more useful to him dead than alive! The second and third books focus a bit too much on Lahmia to my liking and Nagash becomes almost a bit part character in his own series, but when he is "on screen" so to speak he's never anything short of awesome.

Mr Mystery
08-12-2014, 09:30 AM
May be time to put down the Salt peeps.....

Just got an email from GW about the forthcoming Warhammerfest......

An Ancient Enemy Returns In Our Special Narrative Gaming Feature. Come along and bear witness to the bloody return of one of the Old Worlds deadliest foes in our special narrative gaming event

COMMENCE FORMATION EXCITED FLAILING!!!

Brakkart
08-12-2014, 01:18 PM
Awesome news! *glances over at my wallet as it starts sobbing and grins evilly*

Gwhizz84
08-12-2014, 03:33 PM
Obviously a double bluff and they're just bringing back Thudd the Barbarian!

Wildeybeast
08-13-2014, 04:36 AM
I would hold fire on the flailing. The return of Nagash could just be for Gamesday and not actually anything for the general Warhammer population. That is often the way with rumours. Remember how the Inquisiton box game that was definitely 100% coming turned out to be just an Inquisition codex?

Solution9
08-13-2014, 05:40 AM
The way things are going it seems fantasy is dead. 4 40k codex's in a row and nothing on the rumor mill for fantasy. Not looking good and I don't mean to doom and gloom just going by observation.

Mr Mystery
08-13-2014, 06:04 AM
The way things are going it seems fantasy is dead. 4 40k codex's in a row and nothing on the rumor mill for fantasy. Not looking good and I don't mean to doom and gloom just going by observation.

That would be the same rumour mill that guaranteed Dark Vengeance was being replaced, with Orks V Blood Angels yes? And has become notoriously unreliable of late?

Wildeybeast
08-13-2014, 08:04 AM
Exactly my point. Believe things only when we know for definite what they are. I also don't think Warhammer is dead, though the level of support it gets has been scaled back. If the sales volumes being bandied about are true, I actually think it is a sensible decision to spend less on Warhammer, so long as when we do get releases there is quality and quantity to them. If this whole Nagash thing pans out, it could be excellent.

Mr Mystery
08-13-2014, 08:52 AM
All they need to do for Warhammer is tweak it so smaller point games are just as appealing as higher point level games. Current edition plays like a dream - but focussed too much on scaling up :) Just needs to keep as is, and push small-mid sized games too.

MarneusCalgar
08-13-2014, 12:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU20Fac1kSY&feature=youtu.be

Look who´s coming!

From

http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com.es/

Mr Mystery
08-13-2014, 12:35 PM
http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060924175031/familyguy/images/b/b7/Wackywaving.jpg

bfmusashi
08-13-2014, 01:21 PM
Well played Fantasy, well played. I may have to take a break from my covert assassin eleves to build up my skaven.

Mr Mystery
08-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Has asploded in excite.

Looks like me and the ladz will be setting off nice and early. Get in first, get Nagash (one assumes the big man will be on sale!), GLOAT!

Ben_S
08-13-2014, 02:20 PM
The way things are going it seems fantasy is dead.

If only there were someone capable of raising the dead... Wait, what were we talking about again?

Tomgar
08-13-2014, 02:20 PM
*must not buy for Wood Elves, he doesn't fit my fluff*

*sets aside money anyway because SCREW FLUFF, NAGASH!*

Mr Mystery
08-13-2014, 02:25 PM
If only there were someone capable of raising the dead... Wait, what were we talking about again?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-f-1H_E9oYUk/U03l2UnoJjI/AAAAAAAAFtk/5aiv4PRCju8/s1600/BAZINGA-bazinga-30769905-218-184.png

This could well explain why it's been quiet for a bit.

Nagash coming back is seriously, seriously big beans. Every one who ever lived on the Old World is a potential recruit for him. The Vampires may join him, or rebel. Tomb Kings would likely get far more active.

This is massive people - and has likely involved a lot of background writing for how it affects each race, and what they're gonna do about it! So it's possible, rather than less resources being spent on Warhammer, more has been spent and is just about to come to fruition.

Gwhizz84
08-13-2014, 04:16 PM
If it's true, and it does seem that way.. I really really hope they don't tame his rules too much :/ He's been resting up for like a millenium, I seriously hope he is the baddest thing walking.

Darren Richardson
08-13-2014, 04:26 PM
oh I do hope Nagash gets a decent figure and rules, He's what hooked me on the Undead way back in 1994 when I was playing Warhammer, not that I won that many games, but at least back then we could field Chariots, Skull chuckers and have Wights and Zombies all in the same list, prosided over by his Undead Godliness....

Cutter
08-14-2014, 01:26 AM

*sets aside money anyway because SCREW FLUFF, NAGASH!*

But these are the End Times (TM), when Whamster Unbound kicks in, you'll be sweet.

"I saw that Nagash down the pub the other day, sitting with a bunch of wood elves..."

Cpt Codpiece
08-14-2014, 09:08 AM
Well thankfully we have no Garry Morley anymore...Trish Morrison/carden is now a FW monster girl, the Perry's have jumped ship too.

All looks good for a cool nagash model :)

Is Juan still sculpting for GW?

eldargal
08-14-2014, 09:11 AM
It wasn't Morleys fault the sculpt turned out like that, he wanted more time to do a better job, sculpted that head to illustrate the point to the higher ups and they ran with it instead.

YourSwordisMine
08-14-2014, 09:25 AM
Death. Death never changes...

ACE01
08-14-2014, 10:54 AM
VC player, check.
TK player, check.

Nagash, DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING!

Mr Mystery
08-14-2014, 12:50 PM
As the prime primer of positive expectations....do remember, there's no real guarantee there's defo a model.

But there better be. Or I'm going full on Dave Syndrome on someone.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/STmRuQjeu3E/maxresdefault.jpg

Chronowraith
08-14-2014, 01:19 PM
To add to what Mr. Mystery is saying... if this ends up just as a campaign book... or resetting of the current timeline for a possible 9th edition book, I don't think we'll see a Nagash figure. Even if they came out with a new VC or TK book I don't think we'd see Nagash as he is at odds with EVERY faction in the game. He has no supporters short of those he creates from dead things.

Mr Mystery
08-14-2014, 01:25 PM
Extra rumours on the Frontpage suggest we will be seeing a new model!

Chronowraith
08-14-2014, 04:19 PM
:-) As you are usually quick to point out... rumors are rumors. I'd love Nagash to come back but I won't believe it until I see the White Dwarf, pics of the model itself, or other physical evidence.

Krefey
08-15-2014, 01:16 AM
Stolen from another forum I frequent...

Have just seen this on dakka.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh128/fattdex/fIzAWd3_zps44d02c61.jpg (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/fattdex/media/fIzAWd3_zps44d02c61.jpg.html)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU20Fac1kSY...eature=youtu.be (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU20Fac1kSY&feature=youtu.be)

Wildeybeast
08-15-2014, 01:45 AM
Damn, you beat me to it.

Learn2Eel
08-15-2014, 01:51 AM
Holy Mother of Christ! Nagash is back, do you hear me? NAGASH IS BACK! God damn you GW, I wasn't going to buy Nagash and was instead going to get another particular release.....but this.....I NEED THIS!

Before anyone asks "why is he so big", in the background Nagash was mutated by his exposure/consumption of warp-stone and became more a hulking monster than a man. If the model is actually as big as it seems though....jeebus. Unless Nagash is on a hill or being raised up by a flying stand or something, that is the rough size of a Wraithknight compared to the Ghouls behind him!

Mr Mystery
08-15-2014, 01:52 AM
Sploosh!

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY SOUL! Ermm.....MONEY! I MEANT MONEY!

energongoodie
08-15-2014, 02:02 AM
Love it!

Mr Mystery
08-15-2014, 02:07 AM
Dear Archaon - Big Girl's Blouse of Chaos

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough.

Love and Hugs

Nagash, Supreme Lord of the Undead, but you can call me 'OOOOOOOOHHH ****' for short.

Think I'll be working on that Vampire Counts Batallion over the weekend. Had it since Blood of Sigmar came out, then got distracted.

RGilbert26
08-15-2014, 02:08 AM
So how do we field him?

Mr Mystery
08-15-2014, 02:09 AM
So how do we field him?

Very carefully? Dunno. Rumours currently say there is a campaign book, and that he can be taken in any Undead army.

But believe that when we know more evidence wise :) Though rumours have been accurate on this one!

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-15-2014, 02:44 AM
GW have made a smart move with this I think! I havent had any interest in fantasy in a long time, but I'll totally be buying Ol' Nagash! I mean FFS it's Nagash! I'm actually quite excited about this.

Wildeybeast
08-15-2014, 02:58 AM
I'm reserving judgement until I see better pictures. Not sold on the weird things coming from his back, make him look like a skeletal Doc Oc in that pic. I'll be interested to see how this campaign works, especially as we don't have any undead players in our group. I wonder whether you will need them to make the most of of it.

Brakkart
08-15-2014, 03:46 AM
Ohh that is a nice figure and huge too by the looks of it. Finally the most evil villain of the Warhammer World is done right.

I'll be getting one for sure, just to paint, but this might be what gets me into Fantasy as been hovering on the edge of doing so far ages and Nagash is by far my favourite character from that world. here's hoping his lieutenants get models too, as rumours have Mannfred, Arkhan and Neferata all coming out as a part of this event which would be awesome, albeit very painful on my poor wallet!

Mr Mystery
08-15-2014, 04:03 AM
Ohh that is a nice figure and huge too by the looks of it. Finally the most evil villain of the Warhammer World is done right.

I'll be getting one for sure, just to paint, but this might be what gets me into Fantasy as been hovering on the edge of doing so far ages and Nagash is by far my favourite character from that world. here's hoping his lieutenants get models too, as rumours have Mannfred, Arkhan and Neferata all coming out as a part of this event which would be awesome, albeit very painful on my poor wallet!

Joins us precious.....joins us!

And if you're thinking of going VC, do check out Blood of Sigmar. You end up with a decent sized army by the end of the campaign trail!

eldargal
08-15-2014, 04:22 AM
Unholy ****.

Darren Richardson
08-15-2014, 06:08 AM
Stolen from another forum I frequent...

Have just seen this on dakka.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh128/fattdex/fIzAWd3_zps44d02c61.jpg (http://s255.photobucket.com/user/fattdex/media/fIzAWd3_zps44d02c61.jpg.html)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU20Fac1kSY...eature=youtu.be (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU20Fac1kSY&feature=youtu.be)

Finally a sculpt to inspire FEAR and TERROR in his foes, instead of killing them with laughter at his shoulderpads LOL :D

- - - Updated - - -

...as rumours have Mannfred, Arkhan and Neferata all coming out as a part of this event which would be awesome, albeit very painful on my poor wallet!

ah to hell with the others, I'm gonna nget my mitts on my old mate Nagash, my first proper warhammer army back in the early 90's was based around him...

Mr Mystery
08-15-2014, 06:14 AM
I am so re-reading my Nagash trilogy!

And another thought. You know all those pokey Vampires and that which caused so much trouble using just one of Nagash's books....yeah...think about that..

Additionally, seeing as they pinched all the warpstone in Cripple Peak, therefore severely curtailing Nagash's options, how much of a kicking is Skavenblight in for? It's traditional defences aren't exactly a worry for the Undead (massive boggy swamp), and when they start dying in droves, all those bodies..... Could Helpit become the new Skaven capital?

BeardMonk
08-15-2014, 06:33 AM
Sold! I need something new for by beloved (and much beaten) Tomb Kings.

I'll use it as Nagash or as a Hierotitan model.

ACE01
08-15-2014, 06:38 AM
...if you're thinking of going VC, do check out Blood of Sigmar. You end up with a decent sized army by the end of the campaign trail!

^^ This.

It's an enjoyable campaign, and contains the story which will almost certainly roll into this release.

As a TK & VC player, I approve!

Brakkart
08-15-2014, 07:24 AM
Dear Archaon - Big Girl's Blouse of Chaos

Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough.

Love and Hugs

Nagash, Supreme Lord of the Undead, but you can call me 'OOOOOOOOHHH ****' for short.

Yeah Archaon is overrated as a world ending threat, I mean what has he ever really accomplished?

He invaded Kislev... like a dozen Chaos lords before him.
He rampaged around the Empire's northern provinces... like a dozen Chaos lords before him.
Laid siege to Middleheim and failed.. like at least one other Chaos warlord before him (back in Sigmar's time)
Killed a whole load of other Chaos Lords and their armies in the Northern Wastes... like every Chaos Lord in the history of the world before him.

Hell he's probably killed more people on the side of Chaos & Evil than he has good guys.

Compare to Nagash's resume of terror:

Learned, mastered and then corrupted Dark Elven blood magic to create his own school of magic: Necromancy.
Created at least 2 evil races: Ghouls & Vampires.
Wiped out an entire empire and then raised the lot of them from the grave to an eternity of undeath.
Is so evil that the Skaven were forced to fight on the side of good to stop him!
Has been killed, twice, and brought himself back from the dead both times.

And a whole lot more. Seriously Archaon is kindergarten evil by comparison.

Tomgar
08-15-2014, 07:26 AM
Sweet. Mother. Of Mercy.

That's genuinely an astonishing model. His rules are amazing too.

It'll take about 5 Treemen to bring him down and I don't even care.

Brakkart
08-15-2014, 07:28 AM
Sweet. Mother. Of Mercy.

That's genuinely an astonishing model. His rules are amazing too.

It'll take about 5 Treemen to bring him down and I don't even care.

You've seen his rules? Where?

Tomgar
08-15-2014, 07:34 AM
Up on 4chan. Shall post pics!

Brakkart
08-15-2014, 07:38 AM
One word: WOAH!

Tomgar
08-15-2014, 07:45 AM
Yeah, my first thoughts on seeing him are: "he needs to die IMMEDIATELY." Things will just get out of control if you let him rampage about the table.

bfmusashi
08-15-2014, 07:53 AM
I like the new Nagash. It really drives home that he's a dude that lives alone for centuries at a time and occasionally leaves his house to cause untold suffering upon the public. We must remember there is no internet in the Warhammer world and poor Nagash is going off waaaaaay outdated styles for his outfits. Really look at what he's wearing.
His hat is a giant pile of ribs with a rib accented top. His staff is just bones, with a bat, which may have a skull instead of a head. The kids these days are afraid of bones right?
He has a high collar and shoulder pads (made of skulls) and rocks an exposed midriff so everyone knows he's been working out. Do you even lift? Nagash says yes.

energongoodie
08-15-2014, 08:47 AM
I like the new Nagash. It really drives home that he's a dude that lives alone for centuries at a time and occasionally leaves his house to cause untold suffering upon the public. We must remember there is no internet in the Warhammer world and poor Nagash is going off waaaaaay outdated styles for his outfits. Really look at what he's wearing.
His hat is a giant pile of ribs with a rib accented top. His staff is just bones, with a bat, which may have a skull instead of a head. The kids these days are afraid of bones right?
He has a high collar and shoulder pads (made of skulls) and rocks an exposed midriff so everyone knows he's been working out. Do you even lift? Nagash says yes.

:D

eldargal
08-15-2014, 09:35 AM
There are rumours of a Neferata sculpt? Oh god I would be so happy if that is true.

Mr Mystery
08-15-2014, 09:54 AM
Things owt I has noticed with my brian and eyeses.....

Undead Legion - new army all but confirmed.

New unit type mentioned - adding credence that Nagash has his own army, rather than a mash up of Dusty and Wet.

Also references Lores of Nehekhara and Vampires - again pointing this is a third Undead faction.....

Tomgar
08-15-2014, 10:47 AM
Undeath is a new lore too, isn't it? Or am I being thick? God, I'm so excited for Fantasy to be getting a big release.

YourSwordisMine
08-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Sweet Undead Baby Jesus...

I don't play Undead, and I want this model...

Mr Mystery
08-15-2014, 12:44 PM
Right. How do we knack him reliably??

Initiative is more than respectable, so many kill spells are risky, if you can even cast them.

Heroic Killing Blow isn't too great due to his 4+ Ward Save.

Cavalry could potentially get a save against him, but are unlikely to have enough attacks to take him down.

Monsters seem a fairish gamble - though if he gets a couple of blows in, it's goodnight vienna for most.

Artillery it would seem is our best bet, even if it will take several Cannon hits to drop him.

Thoughts?

Tomgar
08-15-2014, 02:07 PM
Woodies are boned on the artillery front and our cav, monsters and spellcasters would be easily overwhelmed by him. Fortunately, 30-odd Deepwood Scouts and a couple of Glade Rider units, all with poison arrows, would probably make short work of him. Hell, Sisters of the Thorn might actually be decent against him with their poisoned, AP javelins, poisoned attacks and ++4.

So yeah, poison spam could be pretty good against him!

Mr Mystery
08-15-2014, 02:10 PM
Quite honestly, I think multiple run in with Chariots or other Impact Hits are the best bet. His base is likely wide enough for a triple charge. Wee bit of luck, and he's toast. It's not exactly a great plan of course, but it's feasible!

Tomgar
08-15-2014, 02:15 PM
Woodies are boned on the Chariot front too :p

Oh, at a cursory glance, Orion could well do some damage to Nagash! 7 Attacks on the charge, going first, hitting on 3s, wounding on 5s or 4s (depending on what stance you take on the Spear of Kurnuous being a close combat weapon), and Nagash would have to rely on his ++4 to fend off the wounds. Combine that with Orion's amazing shooting and he could certainly hurt Nagash!

Mr Mystery
08-15-2014, 02:25 PM
That is very true.

And hit him with a bunch of poison to knock a wound or three off....though of course, this bugger can heal himself!

TheCastigator
08-15-2014, 04:33 PM
You'll really have to kill him through weight of dice, preferably with poison, or a crap load of artillery. No single model would be able to take him down without a bit of luck. A blender vamp, kitted out Demon Prince, or similar combat character could do some damage, but I doubt they could do it on their own without magic buffs. We know the augments available to him via the existing lores can make him even more problematic, and we haven't seen anything about the Lore of Undeath.

bfmusashi
08-15-2014, 04:55 PM
I feel a great need to send a Skaven Warlord with the Fellblade at him. I don't even know if that's a thing that would be effective, but the narrative demands it.

Houghten
08-15-2014, 05:48 PM
Necrosphinx could manage it with its Heroic Killing Blow.

Not reliably, but well enough to put the fear into the Undead player.

Also, he's a thousand point Lord choice, which means any game featuring him would have to be 4,000 points or more; at that level, he could be facing not one but four Necrosphinxes.

Bigred
08-15-2014, 07:05 PM
Tomgar (http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?48015-Nagash-Returns-amp-Nurgle-Gets-some-Love!&p=443851&viewfull=1#post443851)spotted rules earlier today: 8-15-2014

Here's some of the basics:

M:6 BS:7 WS:7 S:7 T:7 W:7 I:6 A:6 Ld:10

Monster
Level 5 Wizard
Large Target, Terror, Undead

Rerolls miscast results
-2 wounds due to instability
Summoning spells have triple range and summon triple the normal wounds of models.

Staff of power - acts as a reservoir of magic dice that can be stored and used later.
Black Armor
Knows 9 Spells
Zefet-nebtar - magic weapon

daboarder
08-15-2014, 07:14 PM
This guy is bad *** enough that I really want one

Crewgar
08-15-2014, 09:06 PM

Too awesome, lol!

But ya the model looks great (especially compared to the last one lol), the rules are crazy, (but he's the LORD OF THE UNDEAD, what do you expect), and he cost 1000 points, out of your Lord allotment, so that's a 4000 point minimum game.... :) :) So ya crazy, but I can get a lot of Dwarf cannons and a few Rune tooled Lords for that many points, and I think together they could give him a run for his money :) That or just throw 60 Slayers at him ;)

Still seriously, he looks cool, and I kinda hope that it can get a few old friends of mine back in and excited again, as they were always primarily Undead players, both starting back in the days when you played 'Undead', not Vamps or Khemri... :)

tanfew
08-15-2014, 09:09 PM
You know what would be an interesting turn of events from here? If 9th Ed. went back to using the tabled allowance for it's armies, as in at 2k-3k you get 0-2 lord, 0-2 heroes, 2+ core, 0-4 special, 0-2 rare, and maybe an extra section where it's like 0-1 allies/monsters/undead legion. Similar to how 40k has been pushing expanding/unbound field allocations, the extra freedom in Fantasy might be a welcome breather and see more of the BBEG dudes like Nagash, Archaon and Malekith on the table. Herohammer ftw

eldargal
08-16-2014, 02:12 AM
Urgh no, Herohammer died a justified death and needs to stay dead.

Ben_S
08-16-2014, 02:52 AM
"-2 wounds due to instability"

Anyone know what that means?

Does it mean he loses two wounds for every point he loses combat by, instead of one?

Or that he never loses more than two wounds, no matter how much he loses combat by?

Houghten
08-16-2014, 02:58 AM
Neither of those things. It means that he, and friendly Undead units within 12" of him, lose two fewer wounds to Instability than they otherwise would.

White Tiger88
08-16-2014, 03:02 AM
Urgh no, Herohammer died a justified death and needs to stay dead.

But i miss my 1000pt vampire lord on dragon ***** slapping everything in the table..........It let my skeletons have tea!

Mr Mystery
08-16-2014, 03:05 AM
Neither of those things. It means that he, and friendly Undead units within 12" of him, lose two fewer wounds to Instability than they otherwise would.

And with a BSB, that's three less!

White Tiger88
08-16-2014, 03:19 AM
And with a BSB, that's three less!

AKA: Stay at 2000pts or less lol

Wildeybeast
08-16-2014, 03:31 AM
Reports are saying he costs 1000 points, which sounds about right. Unless he has special fielding rules, people are going to need big armies.

Theik
08-16-2014, 07:32 AM
Reports are saying he costs 1000 points, which sounds about right. Unless he has special fielding rules, people are going to need big armies.

"Nagash can be included in an Undead Legions army. His Point cost counts towards your lords allowance."

However, it doesn't state that he -is- a lord. So with allowing 25% core, you're looking at about 1334 points to be able to field him.

As for people coming up with ways to take him out, I really don't think it's as difficult as you might think. He's got a 4+ armor and a 4+ ward save. He's going to be able to deal 6+d6 wounds at most if you are infantry. Charge him with a big enough block and you have a charge, +3 ranks and a banner, and that's before you've even done any damage. If it's a scary big block it might even include a BSB.

Let's take the optimal thing, a big scary block with a BSB and full command charges him in the rear.

Your bonus:
+1 charge
+1 banner
+1 BSB
+2 rear
+3 ranks

Before anybody swings, you've already won combat by 8. He'll most likely need 3s to hit at best, so 4 attacks hit. He'll then need 2s to wound, so let's assume he wounds all 4. After that he stomps, let's assume he rolls 4 and wounds all of them, which seems better than average to me. He has now broken even. If it's a unit with ****ty WS (5+s to hit) and mediocre strength (6+s to wound), you're still looking at doing like 3 or so wounds after saves just from the sheer number of attacks you get with such a big block. And that's assuming they are terrible at combat. If they are weapon skill 3 you're hitting at 4s, if you're 6 he's also hitting at 4's and likely to miss more. If you're strength 5 you're wounding him on 5s. Great weapons you're going to be shredding his *** and his armor.

Even if you only deal 3 wounds at that point, you're still causing him to crumble by 1, resulting in 4 wounds lost in 1 combat phase.

eldargal
08-16-2014, 07:34 AM
If it counts towards the lord allowance then you can't exceed the lore allowance.

Theik
08-16-2014, 08:40 AM
If it counts towards the lord allowance then you can't exceed the lore allowance.

That's not really how I read it. His points count towards his lord allowance, but nowhere does it say he is actually restricted to lord allowance, only that he counts towards it. For every other dataslate that adds new heroes, it mentions that "x is a lord choice for army y". The way they wrote this one different makes me believe that they intend for you to be able to take him with smaller armies, by sacrificing the ability to take any lord and much of your points for other units.

I can't imagine this was intended as a "lord you can only use in 4000 point games", as the market for 4000 point games is pretty darn small.

Galushi
08-16-2014, 10:55 AM
Yeah i would agree it probably means he is the only Lord you have if you take him, while still getting 25% of your total points as core. In a 2k game you could field him, 500 core, and 500 whatever else you want.

This is all congecture, I have no special sources =)

Does sound like he has some nasty summoning magic though.

Learn2Eel
08-16-2014, 09:31 PM
That's not really how I read it. His points count towards his lord allowance, but nowhere does it say he is actually restricted to lord allowance, only that he counts towards it. For every other dataslate that adds new heroes, it mentions that "x is a lord choice for army y". The way they wrote this one different makes me believe that they intend for you to be able to take him with smaller armies, by sacrificing the ability to take any lord and much of your points for other units.

I can't imagine this was intended as a "lord you can only use in 4000 point games", as the market for 4000 point games is pretty darn small.

If his points count towards the Lord allowance - the only allowance that is specified to apply for Nagash - then no matter how you spin the rules you cannot exceed a given slots' allowance. If his rules specified "counts toward Lord and Hero allowances as a total" then your argument would have merit, otherwise his rules do not override the basic restrictions in the main rulebook - that you cannot exceed any slots' points allowance. If he specifically counts towards the Lord allowance, then his points are factored into the Lord allowance which can never be exceeded unless there is a rule specifically stating otherwise - which there is not in this case. That's some very creative rule spinning but it is not backed up by the evidence we have, though of course this "Undead Legions" list may specify otherwise; certainly though, Nagash's rules do not.

As for being restricted to 4000 point games, remember that this is Nagash we are talking about. Nagash is arguably the single most powerful character in the Warhammer Fantasy universe that isn't a deity of some kind, based both on his background and his new rules. He is the Master of the Undead and controls anywhere from hundreds of thousands to millions of undead minions. The background dictates that he should only ever take to a battlefield if it is of huge importance - hence the 4000 point restriction - and his rules are imbalanced in smaller games where opponents will struggle to fit in the adequate combination of chaff, war machines and magic to slow him down, let alone stop him. This is why pitting Nagash alone against 1000 points of Tomb Kings in the White Dwarf battle report is silly and pointless as unless the Tomb Kings list ignores the usual points allowance restrictions as well then they cannot feasibly bring anything to kill him at that points limit. If Nagash is usable at lower points limits then I for one will be happy as it means more people will purchase the (in my opinion) amazing model and propagate the Master of Undeath, but from a game balance perspective it would be silly to allow his usage in games below 3000 points at bare minimum.

As to his rules, I think a lot of people are looking solely at the 1000 point cost and not at the sheer power of the model here. Toughness 7 with 7 Wounds, 4+ armour save and a 4+ ward save means an average opponent will need roughly six cannons to kill him - two will misfire or miss, two will fail to get past his 4+ ward save, and the other two will need to roll a 3 and 4 or higher on the Multiple Wounds D6 rolls. This also does not account for cannon shots being blocked by walls, buildings and other forms of terrain. Bolt Throwers will ping off of him as will most stone throwers - the Hellcannon and Brettonian Trebuchet are the sole exceptions - and forget flame throwers against a Toughness 7 model. What makes Nagash ridiculous considering all that is that he can take the entire Lore of the Vampires, using the low casting cost of each spell and his Level 5 Wizard status to cast multiple spells with ease each round - each casting can be used to heal a wound on Nagash, whereas Invocation of Nehek can be combined with the Lore Attribute as well to heal two wounds at a time on the big baddie. Depending on an FAQ the Lore of Nehekara may also apply to Nagash himself, healing D3+1 wounds on himself every time he casts one of four augment spells on himself. He has arguably the best overall Monster unit type profile in the game on account of no weakness in any stat, his survivability and raw damage output - that his basic attacks are Strength 8 with Multiple Wounds (D3) means characters and monstrous unit types will fall beneath him with pitiful ease.

About the only things that worry him in combat are Heroic Killing Blow Brettonian Lords, and even those aren't guaranteed to beat him. That he can augment his attacks with Heroic Killing Blow - up to four per turn - is ridiculous, as is adding potentially four extra dice to a spell casting for a potential 10 dice thrown at a single spell; surprise, surprise, he has access to spells like the Purple Sun of Xereus. He acts as a "double" battle standard bearer for Undead armies with the -2 to crumble results which is huge considering how easy it is for him to raise back/raise new models. He has a built in Earthing Rod that applies more than once, he's a Level 5 Wizard that knows 9 spells - 8 of which can be generated in any combination from up to five different lores, making him the second most versatile spell caster in the game behind Fateweaver. Oh, and he can summon new units at triple the points limit of other casters - we don't know the full details on this yet but if Nagash can summon Sphinxes, Terrorgheists, Blood Knights or other nasties then this will just be ridiculous! This is a model that should be restricted to the bigger games for sure and certain as even an army with three cannons, six bolt throwers, three stone throwers, two organ guns and two flame cannons (Dwarfs) will struggle immensely to kill him - Nagash can just sit back and keep sending in new units until the war machines are dead and then join the fight himself!

Wildeybeast
08-17-2014, 05:21 AM
Yeah, in the absence of special rules saying otherwise, I see no possible way of construing it so Nagash can exceed your 25% allowance. It just says he comes out of your lord allowance, your lord allowance is 25% of your army's total points. It is as simple as that.

Mr Mystery
08-17-2014, 06:37 AM
Yup.

Likely Nagash just 'counts as' a Lord choice, and comes out that selection. Why, I dunno. But that's what the article suggests :)

Learn2Eel
08-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Yup.

Likely Nagash just 'counts as' a Lord choice, and comes out that selection. Why, I dunno. But that's what the article suggests :)

My guess as to why Nagash "counts as" a Lords choice rather than being one is that the Undead Legions "list" is meant to be a supplement to both Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts and thus there are unit data-slates but not actually slots to make a fully legal army by itself. That, or he is a Storm of Magic unit that has no slot - or it could be another reason we don't yet know. I'd be very surprised if they actually do let him pop up in games smaller than 4000 points (which are pretty much Storm of Magic games anyway).

Mr Mystery
08-17-2014, 09:01 AM
Could just be because it's a WD article, rather than from the Undead Legions Book, however that turns out!

Chronowraith
08-17-2014, 06:56 PM
Nagash with those stats and those abilities is a truck. For those of you stating that he will melt away against ranked infantry... no kidding. When has charging solo characters and/or monsters been a good idea in 8th edition? Even a VC Blender lord or a daemon prince can't stand up to the static resolution generated by a solid block of infantry. They are meant for support or monster hunting. Amazingly enough... so are wizards. So what do we get with Nagash? A supporting character who takes a LOT of work to kill. Yes, you can take him out with cannons. Of course then the cannons aren't firing at other high-value targets. It's all a trade and while I would never play with Nagash as it is too many points for a single model for my tastes (what did you expect from a a Skaven player), he's completely viable.

A quick note to L2E, Nehekhara magic can't return wounds to characters. So unless one of his abilities or his magic block says otherwise... that's no help. That aside I'm certain that Lore of Undeath will likely aid him in restoring wounds.

Mr Mystery
08-18-2014, 01:39 AM
To be honest, with Nagash stotting around, I'm not sure there is a more valuable target until he's back in his box.

darthken
08-18-2014, 03:26 AM
cool i still have the old "purple" Nagash model, good to see him return, but at 1000pts, he'll never get a run on the table, unless there is some special rule for it.

RGilbert26
08-18-2014, 05:37 AM
Play 4000 points and he appears on the table.

Bigred
08-18-2014, 01:11 PM
via Felwether (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?398899-WHF-in-the-near-future-Mk-II&p=7246681&viewfull=1#post7246681) and Archibald_TK (http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?398899-WHF-in-the-near-future-Mk-II) 8-18-2014

Warhammer, The End Times is noted to contain new rules that change the way a game of Warhammer can be played. It is not a new edition.

Releases:

Warhammer: Nagash - 2 hardback books in a slip case. €65

Book 1: 296 page fluff book detailing the return of Nagash and events that affect every Warhammer race.

Book 2: 96 page book containing rules for Nagash, new miniatures, the Lore of Undeath, Undead Legion, fighting underground and more apparently.

Nagash - no mention of him being a dual kit, rules are included in the box. €85(!!)

Magic Cards

Nagash Novel

- Archaon advance have been stalled by Vlad under the order of Nagash (the Empire was in major trouble).
- Nagash goes fighting to unite the Tomb Kings and VC (one of the scenario pictured in WD translate into "the Fall of Settra").

Regarding miniatures/rules:
- Nagash is magnificent, and very very tall thanks to his flying posture (he is supported by a bunch of souls).
- But he's not that massive overall, I have no idea how he managed to reach the 85€ pricetag.
- Not a dual kit.
- No other models that week, but the ones serving under him are hinted at the end of WD for the week after (so I suppose Vlad and that Arkhan dude, note that I know the WFB lore very poorly).
- As people expected, the new magic lore appear to work like Demonology for 40k (except with undead).
- Rules are changing with that extension, 50% lords for example.

Managarmr
08-18-2014, 02:42 PM

is it possible that you mean manfred and not vlad?

Gwhizz84
08-18-2014, 03:01 PM
Manfred looks pretty damn awesome himself tbh! I'm gonna be poor for a few months methinks

Wilfen82
08-18-2014, 03:10 PM
I think they look amazing, but very thin I'd be worried bout it breaking. I'm hoping for a few more feral style vampires with any luck.

Kirsten
08-18-2014, 03:10 PM
sounds very interesting

MarneusCalgar
08-18-2014, 03:15 PM
Lataberna more:

http://latabernadelaurana.blogspot.com/2014/08/rumores-mas-datos-sobre-el-regreso-de.html

Thanks for quoting us!

Justus Ackermann
08-18-2014, 03:26 PM

50% Lords allowance puts the 1000pt cost for Nagash in a new perpective. I think it will be tough, there are at best like 5 armies who can even try to match a 2000pt army containing Nagash, just with the extra Lord points. But let's see what other aspects change within this campaign.

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-18-2014, 03:41 PM
All those models look really good, but the one that has me excited is the spirit host - as a lover of all things floaty and weird, they fit the bill very well! Love them and will definitely buy them.

Brakkart
08-18-2014, 07:36 PM
So not just Nagash, but by the looks of it we get a new Mannfred too and also Arkhan the Black, Spirit Hosts, those Morghast things and what looks to be Neferata also (female rider sat side saddle on horse/construct). And they all look really impressive.

I reckon Arkhan/Neferata is a dual kit as the mount for both looks very similar. I love the look of the mount that Mannfred is riding and those Morghast Harbngers look suitably vicious.

Yeah Kislev has always been teetering on the brink of annihilation, not at all surprised to see it finally get destroyed. I doubt it is Vlad that's been sent north given that he's been dead & gone for a long time, I'd reckon that's Mannfred checking Archaon's advance. Not surprised to see Settra either destroyed or humbled either, given that in the current Tomb Kings book he could only narrowly beat Arkhan whenever they clashed, against Nagash & Arkhan (and possibly Neferata as well) he'd have no chance.

Learn2Eel
08-18-2014, 07:45 PM
I am quite literally squealing and skipping around my house with glee right now. I'm so amazed! The Nagash model looks so much better in the new pictures than even the first glimpse could have possibly set us up for, and Neferata.....my god, Neferata.....My Lahmian Vampire army will finally be led by its First Mistress, the Queen of the Night! While I might have preferred a model without the weird hat, it looks amazing and I'm picking both it and Nagash up on day one. I hope like hell she can be built on foot!

By the way, Neferata/Mannfred/Arkhan are a triple kit - you can tell by the identical bottom half of the model. I'm so excited.....I'm so very, very excited....I've never been this excited about a GW release since 6th Edition Chaos Space Marines (and what a disappointment that turned out to be as a Thousand Sons player). I can't wait! I've already messaged my local GW manager to take all my money!

Brakkart
08-18-2014, 07:47 PM
Confirmed, it IS Neferata - The Mortarch of Blood (cool title!)

And yeah a triple character kit by the looks of it!

Chronowraith
08-18-2014, 07:49 PM
Not a huge fan of the giant, and rather unwieldy, headress on Neferata but otherwise I really do like all of the models (including Neferata). I am a bit curious why all of the mounts look... robotic? Steampunkish?

Seriously... it's like a chandelier on her head...

Brakkart
08-18-2014, 07:59 PM
I am a bit curious why all of the mounts look... robotic? Steampunkish?

By the looks of them I'm gonna guess that the mounts are some arcane combination of the animated Khemrian statues (a la the sphinx thing they have) and necromancy what with all the skulls and bones filling the cavity of the stone? bones. They make sense given that Necromancy itself is a perversion of Dark Elven blood magic mixed with the writings and studies of Khemri's death cult. Nagash has never shied from twisting the knowledge of his people before, much to their dismay in the novel trilogy (especially the first book of it).

Erik Setzer
08-18-2014, 08:36 PM
By the looks of them I'm gonna guess that the mounts are some arcane combination of the animated Khemrian statues (a la the sphinx thing they have) and necromancy what with all the skulls and bones filling the cavity of the stone? bones. They make sense given that Necromancy itself is a perversion of Dark Elven blood magic mixed with the writings and studies of Khemri's death cult. Nagash has never shied from twisting the knowledge of his people before, much to their dismay in the novel trilogy (especially the first book of it).

That and, to be blunt, the CAD design often ends up with things looking chunkier and stiffer than they otherwise would. As much as they talk it up, it's something that's very noticeable in some of the newer models compared to older models.

Lord-Boofhead
08-18-2014, 08:55 PM

I hope you didn't like Kislev, because there is no longer a Kislev.

That's what the 4th or 5th time now?

Kislev is constantly getting raised to the ground and rebuilt, its kind of their shtich. This doesn't rule out a Kislev army.

As someone else pointed out that would be His 'son' Manfred.

I know the WFB lore very poorly

We never would have guessed! ;)

Yriel_The_Angelic
08-18-2014, 11:10 PM
You know, (i don't know if anyone touched on this) i had a funny feeling something was going on in the Undead front. As a HE player myself, and avid Fantasy fluff junkie, i found it peculiar that the final entry on the "The Reign of Finubar" timeline has all the HE main heroes storming Nagashizzar to save the capture Princess Aliathra. It was weird, to me, that Mannfred was there, also that he was the perpetrator. More importantly, where did Nagash go? That was his domain, yet he wasn't anywhere to be found.

Wonder if that story will tie into the Nagash campaign, i mean...all the HE heroes are on the mainland now, Teclis must be sensing a "disturbance in the force" wassagonnahabbin? Either way, my interest is piqued, this may draw me away from my warmahordes and back into the Fantasy front. Heres' to hoping.

tanfew
08-18-2014, 11:12 PM
The hype is officially real people!

Love the new image angles of the Nagash model he looks so much more dynamic than the original grainy image leaked a few days ago. He is going to be a blast to paint up even with the very high initial price tag. Arkhan/Neferata/Mannfred Triple kit looks cool as, again I can't wait to see them in person and play around with the kit. Spirit hosts looks really nice, blending the old school feel of a swarm of ghosts perfectly with the new apparition look that has been surrounding VC recently (ala Mortis Engine and Mannfreds cloak)

The standout for me however are the new Morghast/Harbingers. They look AMAZING. So dynamic, but with a sense of power and toughness, can't wait. Using the wings as a form to hold them up is an interesting idea that I think has been nailed perfectly. I really hope the rules live up to the models. I guess if they don't they can always be used as Ushabti/Vargheists without too much bother.

Wildeybeast
08-19-2014, 12:21 AM
I'm waiting until I read all this new background as I'm not sure I like the sound of it. I do like the fact that we have a single model kit though, it increases the chances if us seeing an Ariel kit one day! I'm also hoping this is a multipart expansion, like the recent Sanctus Reach one for 40k, so that the good guys can get some models and a chance to fight back against Nagash. For Sigmar!

Mr Mystery
08-19-2014, 01:52 AM
Flibble.......

Mr Mystery
08-19-2014, 02:30 AM
To add to that - oddly, I think the Spirit Host is the stand out model for me. Really, really like the look of it.

Wolfshade
08-19-2014, 03:22 AM
I am going to be that guy. I don't like the Nagash figure.

Mr Mystery
08-19-2014, 04:09 AM

Dirty.....

http://fallingabout.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/eldon-cleaner.png?w=500&h=281

Cutter
08-19-2014, 04:59 AM

£65 saved.

eldargal
08-19-2014, 05:05 AM
NEFERATAAAAA! *flails*

Oh and Nagash too I guess, he looks nice.

I hope they haven't done something stupid like have Neferata working for Nagash.><

Mr Mystery
08-19-2014, 05:12 AM
Seems likely.

Though wasn't she already sort-of working for him? I know they eventually went their separate ways, but cannot for the life of me remember whether Neferata ever served him all that willingly?

Wolfshade
08-19-2014, 05:12 AM
£65 saved.

Not quite. Otherwise I would not buy 10 so I can then use that saved money to buy a new gfx card. Moreoever just 65 not spent.

daboarder
08-19-2014, 05:14 AM
Wow..they trashed kislev?....nah nor going to believe it until I read it myself

Cutter
08-19-2014, 05:20 AM
NEFERATAAAAA! *flails*

I hope they haven't done something stupid like have Neferata working for Nagash.><

Could be a 'Kneel before Zod' kinda deal.

Look on the bright (dark?) side, the old band's back together again :D

Wildeybeast
08-19-2014, 05:20 AM
My thoughts as well.

eldargal
08-19-2014, 05:23 AM
Seems likely.

Though wasn't she already sort-of working for him? I know they eventually went their separate ways, but cannot for the life of me remember whether Neferata ever served him all that willingly?

She told whatsisname his emissary who demanded she work for Nagash to sod off at the end of the Neferata novel which is set in the contemporary WFB world and she became a vampire by pinching his books after he had been deaded. The vampires did work for him for a while but then abandonedhim and he cursed them and while some serve him like Manfred othes don't.

Cutter
08-19-2014, 05:42 AM
All these dead bosses are very welcome, hopefully the TK's will see a Heirotitan/Necrolith soon too.

Mr Mystery
08-19-2014, 05:47 AM

Ditto.

I remain suspicious of further rumours at this point.

eldargal
08-19-2014, 05:48 AM
I'll be pissed off if they have destroyed the one human state with something approaching gender equality and with a female monarch.

Mr Mystery
08-19-2014, 05:49 AM
She told whatsisname his emissary who demanded she work for Nagash to sod off at the end of the Neferata novel which is set in the contemporary WFB world and she became a vampire by pinching his books after he had been deaded. The vampires did work for him for a while but then abandonedhim and he cursed them and while some serve him like Manfred othes don't.

I totes need to re-read my Neferate book. And on that note - thanks Black Library, thanks for switching the cover design and format size once you've started the series. Because that's not going to annoy my very slight touch of OCD at all. Oh no. Not one bit. You sods.

Learn2Eel
08-19-2014, 06:00 AM
You know, (i don't know if anyone touched on this) i had a funny feeling something was going on in the Undead front. As a HE player myself, and avid Fantasy fluff junkie, i found it peculiar that the final entry on the "The Reign of Finubar" timeline has all the HE main heroes storming Nagashizzar to save the capture Princess Aliathra. It was weird, to me, that Mannfred was there, also that he was the perpetrator. More importantly, where did Nagash go? That was his domain, yet he wasn't anywhere to be found.

Wonder if that story will tie into the Nagash campaign, i mean...all the HE heroes are on the mainland now, Teclis must be sensing a "disturbance in the force" wassagonnahabbin? Either way, my interest is piqued, this may draw me away from my warmahordes and back into the Fantasy front. Heres' to hoping.

The story in the High Elf book started in the Vampire Counts book, then was followed up on in the Dwarfs book. Nagash was still "dead" during this period of time, the entire point to Mannfred's plan with capturing Aliathra was to use her as a sacrifice to resurrect Nagash. I am presuming the fluff book in the Nagash set confirms that she has been sacrificed, seeing as Mannfred managed to steal her away again in the Dwarf book. The High Elf heroes all returned to Ulthuan at the conclusion of the story as well.

NEFERATAAAAA! *flails*

My reaction to Neferata as well, she's the reason I started a Vampire Counts army after all! The model is amazing, hopefully they include rules for using her on foot - especially as Mannfred and Arkhan the Black can both be used on foot in their current army books.

As for Neferata working for Nagash, the rumours point to Nagash promising to rebuild Lahmia if Neferata serves him - that or Neferata sees him as the means to that end. Much like her titular novel where she serves Ushoran as a stepping stone to a greater future, I'm assuming she plans to retreat from Nagash' influence once she gets what she wants.

All these dead bosses are very welcome, hopefully the TK's will see a Heirotitan/Necrolith soon too.

That's the popular rumour doing the rounds, though I have yet to see it for myself.

BeardMonk
08-19-2014, 06:03 AM
Im a massive fan of all those models EXCEPT the spirit host. Although I suspect some of the bits are left over sculpts from the Wood Elves. The little spirits and evil sprites look similar.

But im a little worried that some of the VC models look a little TK like As a Tomb Kings player I hope that this doesn't signal a re-combining of the undead factions in terms of army books etc. TK and VC's have both developed their own aesthetics, armies and play style. I think to re-combine them would be a step backwards.

But the models and rules should remind all people what an excellent game WHF is. People need that after the undiluted diet of 40K space lasers stuff that GW has been producing recently.

Mr Mystery
08-19-2014, 06:12 AM
The story in the High Elf book started in the Vampire Counts book, then was followed up on in the Dwarfs book. Nagash was still "dead" during this period of time, the entire point to Mannfred's plan with capturing Aliathra was to use her as a sacrifice to resurrect Nagash. I am presuming the fluff book in the Nagash set confirms that she has been sacrificed, seeing as Mannfred managed to steal her away again in the Dwarf book. The High Elf heroes all returned to Ulthuan at the conclusion of the story as well.

Have yourself a read of Blood of Sigmar.

Manfred has been a very, very bust, and exceptionally naughty boy.....and a certain someone has their spangly hat back at long last too...

Learn2Eel
08-19-2014, 06:12 AM
Im a massive fan of all those models EXCEPT the spirit host. Although I suspect some of the bits are left over sculpts from the Wood Elves. The little spirits and evil sprites look similar.

But im a little worried that some of the VC models look a little TK like As a Tomb Kings player I hope that this doesn't signal a re-combining of the undead factions in terms of army books etc. TK and VC's have both developed their own aesthetics, armies and play style. I think to re-combine them would be a step backwards.

But the models and rules should remind all people what an excellent game WHF is. People need that after the undiluted diet of 40K space lasers stuff that GW has been producing recently.

The point of the Undead Legion list is to combine Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings elements together, as can be seen in the White Dwarf cover where both a Mortis Engine and Necrosphinx are clearly visible behind Nagash. At least, that's what appears to be happening - I may be wrong but I really doubt it. The Morgheists (the monstrous infantry) combine visual aesthetic styles from both armies, speaking to Nagash' will to use both armies so that he can conquer at will.

Mr Mystery
08-19-2014, 06:14 AM
Yup. And it seems to be a third, separate faction, rather than a replacement for the existing two.

eldargal
08-19-2014, 06:15 AM
I hope Manfred found a different way to bring back Nagash honestly, sacrificing a pure maiden is so ****ing cliche and the trope itself is really misogynist. GW are often quite good at twisting tropes so I hope they have done it here.

Mr Mystery
08-19-2014, 06:19 AM
I hope Manfred found a different way to bring back Nagash honestly, sacrificing a pure maiden is so ****ing cliche and the trope itself is really misogynist. GW are often quite good at twisting tropes so I hope they have done it here.

Sacrificing a great number of priests (including Volkmar, who is seemingly deceased now) and desecration of holy symbols do you? To the point where no 'Holy' powers will work in Sylvania any more?

All in Blood of Sigmar folks.

eldargal
08-19-2014, 06:24 AM
Yup that was refreshingly different.:) Hope he continues it with Nagash.

Mr Mystery
08-19-2014, 06:28 AM
Though having said that, one assumes it's her.

There's definitely a 'beautiful Elf Maiden' strung up with the rest of them! And a Stunty too I think.

Man I am so excite about this! Shame I'm off LARPing from Friday, as won't be able to pre-order straight away :(

eldargal
08-19-2014, 06:33 AM
That was for the Sylvanian ritual though not Nagash and it was because of their holy nature not because she was ultra pure in particular. Also only their wrists were slashed so they aren't all necessarily dead like Volkmar, if it was Aliathra there is till a chance of rescue or something going wrong.:)

Mr Mystery
08-19-2014, 06:40 AM
I kind of suspect Nagash doesn't need a reawakening ritual. He's never needed one before, and this time he has his crown back, and one assumes his hand......

eldargal
08-19-2014, 06:54 AM
That too yup.

Nice to see new spirit hosts as well, the old ones were ghastly.;)

Mr Mystery
08-19-2014, 07:42 AM
That too yup.

Nice to see new spirit hosts as well, the old ones were ghastly.;)

http://pleated-jeans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/matiats.tumblr.png

Erik Setzer
08-19-2014, 10:08 AM
I'll be pissed off if they have destroyed the one human state with something approaching gender equality and with a female monarch.

Given their track record, I think that's a good indication they might have done it. It seems the Warhammer Fantasy and 40K worlds are mostly the Caucasian Boys Club.

Bigred
08-19-2014, 10:26 AM
via Grot Orderly (http://grotorderly.blogspot.com/2014/08/white-dwarf-30-wycieki-leaks.html) 8-19-2014

Prices and release dates

YourSwordisMine
08-19-2014, 11:03 AM

A "pure maiden" in the Warhammer World? I scoff!

Wildeybeast
08-19-2014, 11:03 AM
Think I may have to buy that book, just for the fluff. Doubt I'll start an undead army, they don't really float my boat, but it is good to see Warhammer getting some love.

Clewz
08-19-2014, 11:19 AM
Been out of fantasy for a long while but this has got me excited.

Thought Nagash was just biding his time and using agents after his defeat by Sigmar. Have they altered the canon again where he needed resurrecting?

Brakkart
08-19-2014, 11:51 AM
In the previous fluff, Sigmar killed him. He returned to un-life some 1,666 years after that defeat (it previously took him 1,111 years to recover from the death at the hands of Alcadizzar with the Skaven-forged Fellblade). He returned both times via his ashes slowly returning to his sarcophagus in the Black Pyramid in Khemri.

I'd guess that they have changed the previous fluff to have him either not return himself a 2nd time (and thus need resurrecting by Mannfred & Arkhan) or else he did come back as before, but was so weakened he needed a long time, and a lot of rituals etc to return to full strength hence him not being active for ages and his minions gathering maidens, relics etc.

Mr Mystery
08-19-2014, 01:08 PM
One of the big issues Nagash faced after being all hacked and mangled off Alcadizzar was that in the intervening time, the Skaven had pretty much mined all the Warpstone out of Cripple Peak.

When he fought Nagash, he was out of Warpstone, missing his hand, and indeed his shiny floral bonnett, which was somewhere else (can't remember precisely where!)

Nagash has never needed anyone to resurrect him before. It seems he is quite beyond that need. However, that is not to say rituals and that might not speed along the process. Even if he didn't, he certainly seems to have been using Cats Paws for a decent while, no doubt to ensure he has power bases in areas other than Nagashizzar.

Me, I'm so excite about this it's insane! Gonna have to pop on the iPhone Saturday morning and place an order!

Mike Lawler
08-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Trying to decide if $100 is expensive for this.. leaning towards yes but not crazy expensive..

Mr Mystery
08-19-2014, 01:31 PM
Not for Nagash. He's massive!

He's also, point for point, probably the single most pound to point effective unit GW have ever produced!

Will Lane
08-19-2014, 01:42 PM
Not for Nagash. He's massive!

He's also, point for point, probably the single most pound to point effective unit GW have ever produced!

yeah $100 isn't too bad for 1,000 points. Will we be able to field him and the new models in regular games/ tournaments or only in the campaign?

Mr Mystery
08-19-2014, 01:55 PM
Nobody knows!

Tournaments, up to the TO as always.

Regular games? I don't see why not, if you let your opponent know in advance if any additional special rules (like the rumoured 50% allowance for Lords) are involved. Not really any different to wanting to field something really hard. If you just rock up with it, spank your opponent and then act like a tactical genius, you're a dick. Quick heads up, no problem.

Lord-Boofhead
08-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Nobody knows!

Tournaments, up to the TO as always.

Regular games? I don't see why not, if you let your opponent know in advance if any additional special rules (like the rumoured 50% allowance for Lords) are involved. Not really any different to wanting to field something really hard. If you just rock up with it, spank your opponent and then act like a tactical genius, you're a dick. Quick heads up, no problem.

Gamers taking responsibility for their own games? What is this heresy?

- - - Updated - - -

Given their track record, I think that's a good indication they might have done it. It seems the Warhammer Fantasy and 40K worlds are mostly the Caucasian Boys Club.

You do realize that Russians are the very definition of Caucasians?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but she did worship him at one point.

- - - Updated - - -

for once we agree on something. I'll bet its a throw away line about it being 'devastated' which for Kislev is just a temporary set back.

YourSwordisMine
08-20-2014, 01:07 AM
I'll bet its a throw away line about it being 'devastated' which for Kislev is just a temporary set back.

You mean "Thursday"?

Wildeybeast
08-20-2014, 01:44 AM
One of the big issues Nagash faced after being all hacked and mangled off Alcadizzar was that in the intervening time, the Skaven had pretty much mined all the Warpstone out of Cripple Peak.

When he fought Nagash, he was out of Warpstone, missing his hand, and indeed his shiny floral bonnett, which was somewhere else (can't remember precisely where!)

Nagash has never needed anyone to resurrect him before. It seems he is quite beyond that need. However, that is not to say rituals and that might not speed along the process. Even if he didn't, he certainly seems to have been using Cats Paws for a decent while, no doubt to ensure he has power bases in areas other than Nagashizzar.

Me, I'm so excite about this it's insane! Gonna have to pop on the iPhone Saturday morning and place an order!

I can fill in some of the gaps. The Crown of Command was found by Sigmar (on the head of Necromancer he killed). He wore it for a while but it made him all grumpy so he was persuaded by his friends to take it off and felt much better. It was sealed under a vault in ancient Altdorf. It somehow gets from there to the Chaos Wates where Azhag finds it and wears it until he is killed and again it is sealed under the vaults of Altdorf. Apparently that is not a very safe place to put it.

Also, I thought Nagash cam back after Alcaddizzar because the Skaven couldn't find his hand? They pretty much rendered the rest of him down to an atomic level, but because that survived he was able to resurrect.

Mr Mystery
08-20-2014, 02:19 AM
I can fill in some of the gaps. The Crown of Command was found by Sigmar (on the head of Necromancer he killed). He wore it for a while but it made him all grumpy so he was persuaded by his friends to take it off and felt much better. It was sealed under a vault in ancient Altdorf. It somehow gets from there to the Chaos Wates where Azhag finds it and wears it until he is killed and again it is sealed under the vaults of Altdorf. Apparently that is not a very safe place to put it.

Also, I thought Nagash cam back after Alcaddizzar because the Skaven couldn't find his hand? They pretty much rendered the rest of him down to an atomic level, but because that survived he was able to resurrect.

That's a good point - nobody is exactly sure if the hand doing a runner is what has allowed him to constantly ressurrect. After all, he's never had that since he began all this in/out/in/out/shake it all about malarkey.

Man, I think my head is asplode in excitement. Don't care if it is £50 for the books, I'm getting them, and reading them. Quite possibly in the graveyard that is my back garden.

Erik Setzer
08-20-2014, 05:05 AM
You do realize that Russians are the very definition of Caucasians?

You do realize the second part of what I said was BOYS, and that a Queen isn't a "boy?" The post I was responding to talked about Kislev actually having some degree of equality and showing women in a good light, something that you don't really see throughout most of GW's stuff.

Or are you too busy trying to just to call people wrong, so you can't be bothered to actually read what you're trying to "correct?"

Mr Mystery
08-20-2014, 05:30 AM
Now now.

We're 19 pages in, no arguing now please.

Wildeybeast
08-20-2014, 05:39 AM
That's a good point. 19 pages of discussion is probably more than we've had on the Warhammer forum this year. GW is doing something right to generate interest!

Mr Mystery
08-20-2014, 05:56 AM
Because Nagash!

*flails loads*

And Neferata and Arkhan and Manfredd!

*flails moar*
And you can tell I'm a bit slow this week (dunno why!), but only just noticed the Four Horsemen stylings of Nagash's lieutenants...

BEHOLD! DEATH, DEATH, and...ermmmmm DEATH!

Erik Setzer
08-20-2014, 09:28 AM
Because Nagash!

*flails loads*

And Neferata and Arkhan and Manfredd!

*flails moar*
And you can tell I'm a bit slow this week (dunno why!), but only just noticed the Four Horsemen stylings of Nagash's lieutenants...

BEHOLD! DEATH, DEATH, and...ermmmmm DEATH!

Just remember: With strange aeons, even death may die.

...and then he'll just reanimate himself, because why not?

Brakkart
08-20-2014, 11:56 AM
Just had a read of the latest White Dwarf in my local hobby shop. The Battle Report is really something, Nagash takes on a huge host of Tomb Kings forces (including Settra and Apophas) by himself! In just his first round he summons something like 30 grave ghouls and 18 black knights to fight for him, he later summons a Terrorgeist and even Krell (referred to as another of his Mortarchs, there are nine of them apparently). There's a fabulous piece of art in the issue showing Nagash fighting Settra, you get a real sense of just how massive a creature Nagash is.

Ohh and it is Vlad he sent north to stymie Archaon! Nagash brought him back to serve as one of his generals and has sent him along with two other of his lords north (I'm betting they are either Konrad & Isabella or else Kemmler & Krell). Also Valten is alive and on the northern frontier of the Empire battling Archaon's hordes. Looks like GW really ain't kidding with their whole End Times campaign thing, as the issue mentions daemonic armies attacking Naggaroth and Ulthuan as well, and even the Slann have roused from their slumber to confront the coming apocalypse.

by the looks of things the big retcon to set the timeline back to before the Storm of Chaos campaign took place, was in order to make a much larger event possible, with warfare everywhere, not just on the northern front.

Chronowraith
08-20-2014, 12:37 PM
Just had a read of the latest White Dwarf in my local hobby shop. The Battle Report is really something, Nagash takes on a huge host of Tomb Kings forces (including Settra and Apophas) by himself! In just his first round he summons something like 30 grave ghouls and 18 black knights to fight for him, he later summons a Terrorgeist and even Krell (referred to as another of his Mortarchs, there are nine of them apparently). There's a fabulous piece of art in the issue showing Nagash fighting Settra, you get a real sense of just how massive a creature Nagash is.

Ohh and it is Vlad he sent north to stymie Archaon! Nagash brought him back to serve as one of his generals and has sent him along with two other of his lords north (I'm betting they are either Konrad & Isabella or else Kemmler & Krell). Also Valten is alive and on the northern frontier of the Empire battling Archaon's hordes. Looks like GW really ain't kidding with their whole End Times campaign thing, as the issue mentions daemonic armies attacking Naggaroth and Ulthuan as well, and even the Slann have roused from their slumber to confront the coming apocalypse.

by the looks of things the big retcon to set the timeline back to before the Storm of Chaos campaign took place, was in order to make a much larger event possible, with warfare everywhere, not just on the northern front.

*Slow Claps*

I don't say this often as I've gorwn very cynical towards GW... but... "Well Done, GW."

While Storm of Chaos was a great deal of fun, I have no problem retconning the timeline to push back the current year to before SoC. The problem I had in the past was that they completely removed all mention of the events in Storm of Chaos. Now it seems like they are setting us up for Storm of Chaos, Take Two... which is fine since it looks like it will be much more inclusive of non-Chaos and non-Empire (and empire allies).

Erik Setzer
08-20-2014, 01:22 PM
Now it seems like they are setting us up for Storm of Chaos, Take Two... which is fine since it looks like it will be much more inclusive of non-Chaos and non-Empire (and empire allies).

Don't get your hopes up. In fluff terms, maybe. Actual worldwide campaign? No. They wiped out SoC and Abaddon's 13th Black Crusade with claims that there were fishy results and it's too easy for people to cheat, stuff like that. If that's the attitude they've taken recently, then I can't imagine them opting to try the same thing over again, because the results will likely be similar, and then they'll just retcon it again.

Instead, we're just seeing WFB brought up to the same situation 40K is in: Everything is bleak and dark and if the story progresses forward at all, it'll be to see everyone die.

Mr Mystery
08-20-2014, 02:09 PM
I has popped in excite!

And to be fair, Warhammer has needed this.

Chronowraith
08-20-2014, 07:00 PM
Don't get your hopes up. In fluff terms, maybe. Actual worldwide campaign? No. They wiped out SoC and Abaddon's 13th Black Crusade with claims that there were fishy results and it's too easy for people to cheat, stuff like that. If that's the attitude they've taken recently, then I can't imagine them opting to try the same thing over again, because the results will likely be similar, and then they'll just retcon it again.

Instead, we're just seeing WFB brought up to the same situation 40K is in: Everything is bleak and dark and if the story progresses forward at all, it'll be to see everyone die.

Wasn't saying they would have another worldwide campaign. I was only referring to the fluff reboot.

Erik Setzer
08-21-2014, 04:35 AM
Wasn't saying they would have another worldwide campaign. I was only referring to the fluff reboot.

They didn't need a fluff reboot for there to be conflict everywhere involving everyone. The main reason for this is that they got on an "End Times" kick and want to put both of their flagship games at a point where it's all going to end in the near future. Sure, that's compelling to very young kids, but it's extremely cliche, doesn't work from a logical standpoint, and also means they can't advance the story as people kept asking, because in both systems they'll either have the world/galaxy ended or have to retcon (at best, they just rewrite things yet again; at worst, we see a deus ex machina worse than the end of Storm of Chaos).

I like the story moving forward, I'm happy to see a way to unite Undead, but I just wish they'd find a less cliche thing to do than bring both game universes to the end of their line.

Chronowraith
08-21-2014, 05:36 AM
They didn't need a fluff reboot for there to be conflict everywhere involving everyone. The main reason for this is that they got on an "End Times" kick and want to put both of their flagship games at a point where it's all going to end in the near future. Sure, that's compelling to very young kids, but it's extremely cliche, doesn't work from a logical standpoint, and also means they can't advance the story as people kept asking, because in both systems they'll either have the world/galaxy ended or have to retcon (at best, they just rewrite things yet again; at worst, we see a deus ex machina worse than the end of Storm of Chaos).

I like the story moving forward, I'm happy to see a way to unite Undead, but I just wish they'd find a less cliche thing to do than bring both game universes to the end of their line.

Actually, yes they did. Many of the races were hidden in the shadows doing almost nothing other than being menacing. Nagash provides a solid mechanism to tie many of those races into a common thread. Take for instance Tomb Kings. BY and large what did you ever hear about them doing in modern times? Even their rulebook stated that Settra was biding his time and sitting on his throne, largely just chasing people out of Khemri. Do you think they will sit idle now that Nagash, their arch-nemesis, has returned?

I wouldn't be too certain of a "moving" story. GW does this from time to time where they reset the "current' timeframe and calendar of recent events. That doesn't mean it's moving.

Erik Setzer
08-21-2014, 07:16 AM
Actually, yes they did. Many of the races were hidden in the shadows doing almost nothing other than being menacing. Nagash provides a solid mechanism to tie many of those races into a common thread. Take for instance Tomb Kings. BY and large what did you ever hear about them doing in modern times? Even their rulebook stated that Settra was biding his time and sitting on his throne, largely just chasing people out of Khemri. Do you think they will sit idle now that Nagash, their arch-nemesis, has returned?

Actually, it seems Nagash beat down Settra and took control of the Tomb Kings, and basically beat the VC into submission as well.

But I don't mind an army whose fluff states they don't go out actively looking for fights. The Lizardmen were like that. So were the Wood Elves. Heck, so are the High Elves, for the most part. The Empire rarely goes out of its territory to fight anyone, mainly to prevent them from attacking the Empire. Ditto Bretonnia. Heck, the only armies that actually actively attack others are the Chaos forces, the Dark Elves (to get slaves), and Orcs & Goblins, maybe Chaos Dwarfs (we'll toss them in for old times' sake, even if they're relegated to Forge World right now). I don't see an issue with that, as there's nothing to say that small armies wouldn't go out to find some useful relic or something and stumble into another army, and if a raiding army is involved you could imagine they're attacking the other force, or maybe old grudges are being settled (i.e. High Elves and Dwarfs).

So yeah, for anyone who read the fluff and had more imagination than a child, there were countless ways to explain conflict between any two armies given the current fluff. It didn't need to be the "End Times" for people to be fighting. The "End Times" thing is a horrible cliche, a trope that extremely novice writers and kids wanting to be writers use (though ironically, even as a kid, I never went there, because it was so dull and predictable).

They could bring Nagash back, have him knock heads, do all kinds of stuff, and not try to make WFB the "End Times" just like they changed 40K to being. I was already annoyed with them rewriting and stalling 40K's background, but doing the same to WFB is just plain silly. It makes it look like they've run out of ideas (which is probably true, given that they've lost Chambers, Thorpe, Pirinen, Cavatore, McVey, and the Perry brothers, to name a few).

Mr Mystery
08-21-2014, 09:26 AM
Yet End Times are cool. Two minutes to midnight is cool. A high threat level adds more to the story behind your game.

And remember folks, Warhammer and 40k are not ongoing stories. They are settings, a backdrop to our own stories. They're not there to be advanced wholesale. A large part of their appeal is nobody is going to win. Well, except perhaps Nagash by dint of being by and large indestructible. Yet even he has a glaring weakness - a need for Magic. With the Vortex on Ulthuan, it's not completely impossible for the High Elves to turn up the potency, draining yet more magic from the world. Without that, it's possible he himself would come very literally undone. Turn it off, and Magic goes mental - that is quite possibly as much a threat as a dearth of magic to Boni.

Bigred
08-21-2014, 04:49 PM

The Nagash Book is the first of the "Endtime" Expansions Series for Warhammer Fantasy.

In October the next Endtimes Book will come. Featuring the Chaos.

Brakkart
08-21-2014, 05:16 PM

Hmm considering the first such book is coming out with Nagash and his minions, might this second volume accompany the long rumoured plastic greater daemons? Be awesome if it does and not just for fantasy, a good way to appeal to 40k players wallets amidst this wave of fantasy releases.

The Immortal One
08-21-2014, 09:55 PM
So yeah, for anyone who read the fluff and had more imagination than a child, there were countless ways to explain conflict between any two armies given the current fluff. It didn't need to be the "End Times" for people to be fighting. The "End Times" thing is a horrible cliche, a trope that extremely novice writers and kids wanting to be writers use (though ironically, even as a kid, I never went there, because it was so dull and predictable).

They could bring Nagash back, have him knock heads, do all kinds of stuff, and not try to make WFB the "End Times" just like they changed 40K to being. I was already annoyed with them rewriting and stalling 40K's background, but doing the same to WFB is just plain silly. It makes it look like they've run out of ideas (which is probably true, given that they've lost Chambers, Thorpe, Pirinen, Cavatore, McVey, and the Perry brothers, to name a few).

So playing with toys is mature and non-childish? It never ceases to amaze me how the fact that Warhammer (fantasy & 40k) is a game and is for entertainment purposes only is forgotten and power gaming, hatefulness, complaining and bickering replaces what the purpose of all this is for: fun. The background is to enhance the gaming experience. Why be annoyed because fluff isn't written the way you want? Or call it "plain silly"?? I mean, if you don't like it, don't play, comment or read the fluff. After all, it is for entertainment purposes only. To take it so serious is in it's self "plain silly".

Oh my, look at what I've done, I'm complaining also. Shame on me.

tanfew
08-22-2014, 01:24 AM
Very keen to see a multi month release of "the End TImes" as a section of supplements, though it is going to hurt my poor wallet :(

eldargal
08-22-2014, 06:22 AM
I am so enthusiastic for this release.

Erik Setzer
08-22-2014, 08:43 AM
I'm wondering about the rumors that suggest they're going to change the world in serious ways, leading into WFB9. Even more so if WFB9 has significantly different rules.

Guess I'll have a better idea of where they're going with this next week, after I have the books in hand...

Wildeybeast
08-22-2014, 09:05 AM
I really hope this campaign series sees Grimgor going off to punch Nagash in the face. He wants to fight the hardest people possible and he may just have found him!

Asymmetrical Xeno
08-22-2014, 12:27 PM
He's up :
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Nagash

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/920x950/99120207023_Nagash02.jpg

And damn, i didn't realise he was THAT big...

Erik Setzer
08-22-2014, 01:02 PM
Um... that kind of feels larger than I'd want him to be. It'd be an impressive looking model on the table, sure, but he's freaking huge. I have to take a Knight apart to transport it, this guy would require his own special bag.

Cutter
08-22-2014, 01:39 PM
I am so enthusiastic for this release.

So was I until I found the Lore of Undeath cards were sold out on the UK webstore less than an hour after they went live.

Now I'm just grumpy.

Mike Lawler
08-22-2014, 03:58 PM
Wow, that is a lot bigger than I thought.. I'm in the camp that he's on the too big side though. I would have to go pretty far out of my way just to store the model. I think it looks fantastic though and the model is actually fairly comparable to figures from companies like Ultraforge in size and cost.

Xaric
08-22-2014, 04:04 PM
MUST RESIST SEXY NECROMANCER !!! my god damn wallet cant take much more no really it cant lol

Brakkart
08-22-2014, 04:25 PM
The book set apparently includes rules for Nagash, all 9 of his Mortarch's and also other characters from the Storm of Chaos campaign, like Valten and Crom the Conqueror! I am so getting the books and not just the 2 book set for the game, I want the novel too:

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/600x620/60040281018_ReturnofNagash01.jpg

The End Times are coming. As the forces of Chaos threaten to drown the world in madness, Mannfred von Carstein and Arkhan the Black put aside their differences and plot to resurrect the one being with the power to stand against the servants of the Ruinous Powers and restore order to the world – the Great Necromancer himself. As they set about gathering artefacts to use in their dark ritual, armies converge on Sylvania, intent upon stopping them. But Arkhan and Mannfred are determined to complete their task. No matter the cost, Nagash must rise again.

The Return of Nagash is a 448 page hardback book by Josh Reynolds.

Book 1 of an ongoing series detailing the End Times.

Darren Richardson
08-22-2014, 04:49 PM
I had no idea that the new model was THAT big! :shocked:

Still I damn well intend to buy him when I get paid in two weeks time!

Bigred
08-22-2014, 06:11 PM
via Voice of the Chaos Gods 8-22-2014

Week II
-Manfred/Arkhan/Neferata Combi-Box
-Spirit Hosts
-Novel

Week III
-Valten
-Valten Mounted
-Morghast Combi-Box
-Novel

Other voices say:

The Nagash Book includes rules for Valten and a Chaos Warrior Champion

Bigred
08-22-2014, 06:13 PM
I had no idea that the new model was THAT big! :shocked:

Still I damn well intend to buy him when I get paid in two weeks time!

Well, he IS 1000pts! At $105 for 1000pts, Nagash may be one of the most efficient dollar/point models you can buy in WFB.

daboarder
08-22-2014, 06:35 PM
Omg thats HUGE.....

Edit: can I just say that im surprised at there being no mention of krell at all so far.

Brakkart
08-22-2014, 06:57 PM
Omg thats HUGE.....

Edit: can I just say that im surprised at there being no mention of krell at all so far.

Krell is named as the Mortarch of Dread in this weeks White Dwarf. Nagash actually summons him with a spell during the Battle Report. I'd reckon the 9 Mortarch's are: Arkhan the Black, Mannfred von Carstein, Neferata, Heinrich Kemmler, Krell, Vlad von Carstein, Isabella von Carstein, Konrad von Carastein and Zacharias the Everliving. It's a guess, but if Krell is one then it's very likely so is Kemmler. Nagash has raised Vlad and what is Vlad without Isabella at his side, especially as she has a relatively new model to represent her? Konrad is a pure guess but given that he has a model already he seems a likely choice (though I'd prefer to see Ushoran) and Zacharias as leader of the Necrarch's is an obvious choice given that they've been working for Nagash for ages in the fluff.

moonpie
08-23-2014, 02:37 AM
Va Va Voom!

I am all about this new model! Too huge? No way! I am having a hard time actually contemplating it on the board, but that is not a bad thing. I always had a soft spot in my heart for the original. It wasn't awful for the time, but never great. It was mostly neat for how big it was...but big doesn't seem adequate for this new one. As for the pope hat hate: He is the undead pope, so he ought to have the hat. If you don't like big hats and still even look at Citadel miniatures then where have you been for the past forever? What I think is really rad is that he has options-makes me wonder if you can have optional equipment. After the 80 hours it would take to build and paint this, it would make an amazing display piece.

Wildeybeast
08-23-2014, 03:44 AM
According to the website, Armies of the End Times can indeed take 50% Lords and thanks to Nagash, every wizard has the option of taking Lore of Undeath. Sounds like fun to me. I have one question though; can anyone tell me why this exists:

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources/catalog/product/920x950/60020207001_NagashandBookENG01.jpg

That's the Nagash books and model in one bundle for £115 as opposed to buying the Nagash books for £50 and Nagash model for £65. :confused: Has society really become that lazy we now can't even be bothered to click on two separate items on a webstore?

Darren Richardson
08-23-2014, 05:31 AM
well what IS interesting is they quote that the model not only has the assembley instructions but also rules included as well, rather unusual for GW these days.....

White Tiger88
08-23-2014, 06:20 AM
So the big bad vampires are back..................Awesome! I just hope this isn't leading back to hero hammer. (Mind you i would love to face Nagash since i would just boltthrower him XD)

eldargal
08-23-2014, 06:51 AM
Managed to get the LE, forgot the cards were also limited and didn't get them.>< Can't wait for the Neferata kit next week.

Marshal_Loss
08-23-2014, 07:06 AM
So the big bad vampires are back..................Awesome! I just hope this isn't leading back to hero hammer. (Mind you i would love to face Nagash since i would just boltthrower him XD)

To be honest I miss the days of herohammer, better than the musthavehugehordessobuy50troopsornewmonsters that exists today

Ordered both the LTD edition and cards, very keen here!

Brakkart
08-24-2014, 06:18 AM
So happy to see Crom back, such a great figure. By the looks of it the rules for Valten are in his first version, so I'm guessing the Exalted version's rules will follow in some later book as the storyline progresses. It'll be interesting to see if the other special characters from Storm of Chaos get updated rules (and possibly figures) as the End Times series continues, like Ar-Ulric, Garagrim Ironfist, Borgut Facebeater etc. I'd love to see a plastic Goblin-Hewer with a new Malakai Makaisson most though, always loved that crazy dwarf.

Herr Arnulfe
08-24-2014, 08:22 AM
For Hans the Halberdier it probably feels like the end of the world, but in the big picture it's just another incremental step towards the WH world slowly getting ****tier. :)

Clewz
08-24-2014, 11:04 AM
Noticed gotrek gurnisson gets a mention in the sample of the novel that they've put up. Wonder if they'll redo him

stormshaft
08-24-2014, 12:14 PM
Apologies for not reading all 23 pages of nerdgasms, but is this confirmed to be a new campaign? Or is it a retcon/rehaul of the last Black Crusade with Abadd... I mean incursion with Archaon?
How many times will it be End times? And wasn't Valten killed/kidnapped by the Skaven after said campaign?

Not entirely sold on Nagashs mini, too big a hat and silly octopus arms for my taste.
But if it's supernew fluff with Nagash in it, I probably will buy the book for that alone, even if don't have any WHFB models at all anymore.

Cap'nSmurfs
08-24-2014, 12:41 PM
It appears to be nothing less than a reboot of the Warhammer setting. It's not a world campaign like Storm of Chaos, but more like the Sanctus Reach stuff for 40k: there'll be more books telling the story, setting things up, providing variant rules, campaigns, scenarios etc.

The End Times is taking the place of Storm of Chaos. It happens at the same time. Storm of Chaos was rolled back/retconned to "about to happen" a few years ago - every 8th ed books leaves it on the cusp. So forget everything that happened in that campaign. The End Times is the new, "current" state of Warhammer.

It's entirely possible that the Warhammer World that follows will be quite a different place. The game and setting have needed a shakeup for a while; this is that. I think it's as exciting as hell.

stormshaft
08-24-2014, 12:56 PM
Thanks alot Cpt Smurf, for both clarification and a quick reply. :)

So they did the same thing with both of their systems. :(
I'm one of those who really loved how they made "permanent" changes the way they did with both Storm of Chaos and Eye of Terror. And to hear, see and read that they decided to pull back a few years was disappointing, and quite frankly it's quite hard to read the fluff nowadays when those memories are still lingering.

That said, I will most likely buy this book just for the fluff and the probably superb artwork.

Erik Setzer
08-24-2014, 01:26 PM
In my mind, Grimgor's headbutt of Archaon still happened.

Bigred
08-24-2014, 10:40 PM
via L'Atropate (http://astropate.blogspot.com/2014/08/undead-legions-la-lista-dellesercito.html#more) 8-24-2014

Undead Legions: Army List
Army Composition is only changed to allow 50% Lords

(N): Warhammer Nagash
(CV): Vampire Counts
(RF): Tomb Kings

Lords

Nagash
Mannfred von Carstein, Mortarch of Night
Arkhan the Black, Mortarch of Sacrament
Neferata, Mortarch of Blood
Krell, Mortarch of Despair
Vlad von Carstein, Mortarch of Shadow
Vampire Lord
High Necromancer
Ghoul King Strigoi
High Queen Khalida
Tomb King
High Liche Priest

Heroes

Necromancer
Vampire
Wight King
Cairn Wraith
Tomb Banshee
Prince Apophas
Tomb Prince
Tomb Herald
Liche Priest
Necrotect

Core Units

Zombies
Vampire Counts Skeleton Warriors
Cypt Ghouls
Dire Wolves
Tomb Kings Skeleton Warriors
Skeleton Archers
Skeleton Horsemen
Skeleton Horsemen with bows
Skeleton Chariot

Special Units

Corpse Cart
Grave Guard
Black Knights
Cypt Horrors
Fell Bats
Bat Swarm
Spirit Host
Hexwraiths
Vargheists
Tomb Guards
Necropolis Knights
Tomb Scorpion
Ushabti
Tomb Swarm
Carrion
Khemrian Warsphinx
Sepulchral Stalkers
Morgast Harbingers

Rare Units

Varghulfs
Blood Knights
Cairn Wraiths
Black Coach
Terrorgheist
Mortis Engine
Bones Giant
Hierotitan
Necrosphinx
Screaming Skull Catapult
Casket of Souls
Morghast Archai

Lord-Boofhead
08-25-2014, 03:16 AM

High Queen Khalida? Why is she in there she hates Nagash!

- - - Updated - - -

In my mind, Grimgor's headbutt of Archaon still happened.

But if it did why isn't Archy Spawn?

eldargal
08-25-2014, 03:26 AM
Seems like Nagash is able to control all the undead now or at least make them offers they can't refuse. But Khalida hates vampires rather than Nagash. Doesn't stop me shipping her with Neferata though.:cool:

daboarder
08-25-2014, 04:09 AM
additional info is interesting, looks like those old rumours of bretonia getting destroyed/rolled into empire and the various other factions be conglomerated may be true....

Clewz
08-25-2014, 04:20 AM
additional info is interesting, looks like those old rumours of bretonia getting destroyed/rolled into empire and the various other factions be conglomerated may be true....

There's been a massive civil war in bretonia aided by Arkhan the black and a few other undead factions

daboarder
08-25-2014, 04:31 AM
There's been a massive civil war in bretonia aided by Arkhan the black and a few other undead factions

yeah, look changing the status quo is all well and good.

But these games are a setting not a story, Destroying peoples armies because you cant be arsed too put the effort into them is and always will be a bad idea...thought they were supposed to have learnt that in 2nd.

Eitherway, heres to hoping brets dont get murdered

eldargal
08-25-2014, 04:50 AM
Civil war doesn't mean destroyed though, just that the peasants have hit the fan.:p

daboarder
08-25-2014, 04:56 AM
actually in this instance it apparently means leons illegitimate son has raised an army of banished Knights and undead and killed the King.

Then the green knight apparently takes of his helm revealing himself to be guiles.....

I'm not giving up all hope, but its not looking too great, so lets wait and see I guess

eldargal
08-25-2014, 04:57 AM
Empire has had a like zillion civil wars, its no big deal.

Kongderking
08-25-2014, 05:07 AM
I think GW make Bretonia a bit Darker. There was too Shiny for a Dark Fantasy World

daboarder
08-25-2014, 05:21 AM
Chaos Dwarfs had to get a Forge World army to get resurrected. Hobgoblins are still largely missing. Dogs of War are completely gone, and they're relatively new. People with older Undead models didn't have an army they looked right with, until recently.

That's to say nothing of things like the Dwarf Slayer army, where you might be able to use part of the army still in another army, but you have a large number of models that are useless.

and thats pretty much my point

Cap'nSmurfs
08-25-2014, 05:46 AM
16 years ago - when Dogs of War were released as an army book - is not "relatively new".

Charon
08-25-2014, 05:49 AM
Chaos Dwarfs had to get a Forge World army to get resurrected. Hobgoblins are still largely missing. Dogs of War are completely gone, and they're relatively new. People with older Undead models didn't have an army they looked right with, until recently.

That's to say nothing of things like the Dwarf Slayer army, where you might be able to use part of the army still in another army, but you have a large number of models that are useless.

Which was basically why I did quit Fantasy a long time ago.

First Army? Chaos.. yey!
Second Army? Undead... yey!

Hi dear hobbyist, we hear you like Chaos! Thats great! Guess what? We bringt 3 Chaos Armies for triple fun! Of course... your Army is invalid now but great news! You are now free to spend more money!
Erm... nope... I guess I will just stick with undead then...
Oh thats fantastic! Guess what?
Nononono... I dont like that direction...
Oh we are sure you will like it when we tell you that you can now play two different undead armies! Sure.. your Army is now invalid but great news! You are now free to spend more money!
So... you basically invalidated my armies and expect me to be happy about that?
Yes! Why wold you not be happy about new stuff?
I guess I quit...

-years later-

Storm of Chaos Slaanesh Cult. I like Druchii and I still have some Chaos Warriors and Slaanes Daemons... and the old Lilith Hesperax makes a good Annointed on Slaanesh Steed. I guess Im In again...
Good news Hobbyist!
Are they really good this time?
Sure they are! We are about to bring you a new Edition of your Favorite Fantasy Wargame.
Oh wow thats really nice...
Ah one detail I forgot to mention... the Storm of Chaos Army Lists are no longer valid and we are not going to replace them.
Well... **** you.

daboarder
08-25-2014, 06:06 AM
16 years ago - when Dogs of War were released as an army book - is not "relatively new".

it what, an edition and a half old....in this game thats new

eldargal
08-25-2014, 08:07 AM
Go have a lie down and calm down Boofhead, you're making no sense.

Bigred
08-25-2014, 09:41 AM
Via Steve the Warboss 8-25-2014

Endtimes will have 4 Books;

Book 1 will release Late August

Book 2 with Chaos releases in October.

Book 3 with Skaven releases in January.

Book 4 with other Forces releases in March.

Shortly after this WFB 9th Edition arrives. The Rulebook releases at the same time of year as 40k 7th did in 2014.

Katharon
08-25-2014, 10:09 AM
I'm royally pissed that they have the gal to remove Kislev. One of the coolest miniatures was Kislev winged hussars. My heart goes out to Polish WFB players. :/

Mr Mystery
08-25-2014, 10:43 AM
Kinslayer!

WINNING!!!

Erik Setzer
08-25-2014, 01:49 PM
On the subject of the topic... Holy smokes, $79 each for the Mortarchs? On top of Nagash being $105? And $85 for the rules? Even if their rules are phenomenal, I can't justify dropping $345 on four new models. Heck, I'm not even going to have that money any time soon, and if I do, I think I might rather buy an XBox One or a PS4 with it...

Also, I'm sorry, but those skulls inside the monster look even goofier with a clear close up shot. Get rid of those, slim up some of the limbs, it'd be an awesome model. Still too expensive, but man, it is just so close to awesome. (Personal opinion, of course. Others will likely disagree, which is just fine, as long as they don't try to tell me I'm "wrong.")

Chronowraith
08-25-2014, 03:06 PM
So while I'm certain that the End Times books are where the rumors came from regarding armies being rolled together I don't think this is actually army books. Nagash clearly states to reference Lore of Nehekara and Lore of Vampires in their respective books. If they were rolling everything together permanently then they would roll all that information into the Nagash book.

From my perspective (and this is upheld in the advertising) these supplements are just that, supplements that tie into a book campaign. So people can keep their underwear on and their torches at home over various factions being deleted or merged with other books.

As much as I love WFB and I do love the Nagash figure... I have to hold out. Spending almost 200 dollars for a single figure and a book just isn't going to happen at the moment (fixing the house up in preparation to move).

daboarder
08-25-2014, 06:10 PM
You are a funny guy. Picking one exampe out of three just to make random statements about me complaining about an issue I never even mentioned.
Where did I mention "tourney legal"?
I actually can see why you get banned every 2 or 3 weeks... your attitude towards people is awful.

Just report and move on, the girl will deal with it in due course

The Girl
08-26-2014, 12:19 AM
Stay on topic and refrain from using insults.
Thank you.