PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever had that feeling?

Xaric
08-06-2014, 06:14 AM
Well i already have space marines they have been quite the enjoyable army for over a year now but since i got my second knight I have been looking at the Militarum Tempestus as a sort of elite merc force would it be recomended for me to put the space marines i already have aside for a bit and get some of thease models or stick with the space marines and avoid the temptation of sexy models lol?

Wolfshade
08-06-2014, 06:18 AM
Buy more!

Change is as good as a rest.

Why not branch out on the tempestus militarum? It will give you a different way to play he game. You could even paint them up to look like a planetary defence force of your space marines (if you wanted to that is) to tie it all together.

Like this: http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?6732-Macragge-PDF

Xaric
08-06-2014, 04:17 PM
Maybe i will need to get my grubby little hands on the codex first

Krefey
08-06-2014, 08:19 PM
No issues with having multiple armies at all :) Hey, you could even introduce some friends to teh game by letting them use one army while you use the other :)

Wolfshade
08-07-2014, 01:41 AM
Maybe i will need to get my grubby little hands on the codex first

Noo! Just paint things that look cool and go from there!

Sorry, I am a "collector" so that is how I build my armies.

Haighus
08-08-2014, 04:39 PM
The Codex is pretty cool- has some nice orders with interesting effects, and the formations (at least the airborne assault one) are pretty cool. I like it anyway. It is good enough that I will always try to run my Storm troopers as an allied detachment with it if possible.

John Bower
08-10-2014, 06:57 AM
The only advice I'll offer is; choice is great, dammit I love all my armies to bits (8 of 'em spanning over 3.5k each) but if you do go with a 2nd or even 3rd army; learn it well. Don't do what I tend to do and flit between them too often; you need to play an army to learn it. That was my mistake and I think why I don't win very often; though I have been told my tactics are pretty sound and my luck lets me down all too often; but I think there's no substitute for knowing your army inside out like my Eldar mate does; he doesn't do the serpent cheese or spam seer councils; but he still thrashes me and it's purely because he knows his Eldar better than I know my armies. He ONLY plays Eldar.

Cap'nSmurfs
08-10-2014, 07:54 AM
I've been bitten by the butterfly more than once recently. Dark Eldar bled into Craftworld Eldar, now I want Space Wolves. Glarg.

I stuck so religiously to the Ultramarines for so long, I think, that now I'm making up for lost time!

The temptation of sexy models is what's crucial for me, alongside background and narrative ideas. It's your hobby; if something inspires you, go for it.