PDA

View Full Version : Forgeworld BLog #27 - Kniggity Upgrades

Mr Mystery
08-04-2014, 06:14 AM
Imperial Knights are some of the coolest models around. I’ve shown you some fantastically painted Knight-Lancers over the past few weeks and even some sneak peeks of the Knight-Castigator, which a lucky few of you got hold of as a pre-release at the Warhammer 40,000 Open Day. This week I caught sight of a House Terryn upgrade set Keith Robertson has been working on for the Imperial Knight.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Images/FW/Blogs/POLJK20_11TYJ27Asm.jpg

Interesting wording for the image - 'just a few parts of the Knight upgrade set'.....

I reckon detailed interior (they've done on for the Lancer!) and leg bits too. Interested to see what other upgrades they come out (tentacles crossed for a bit of House Divine action!)

Darren Richardson
08-04-2014, 07:39 AM
damit Mystery you beat me to the post!

I have to say it I like the heroldic work they've done on those pieces, it looks like they may have done a piece for the chest as well, that plate below the head looks to be in the same colour as the shoulders..

I imagine they have also done the plates for the legs as well.

Mr Mystery
08-04-2014, 07:45 AM
Yep. Gunshield too I think.

Defenestratus
08-04-2014, 07:58 AM
When these knights came out, I knew FW was salivating at all the bits and bobbins they could make for that kit.

Its too bad they didn't think the same of the Wraithknight.... :sadface:

Andrew Thomas
08-04-2014, 04:32 PM
When these knights came out, I knew FW was salivating at all the bits and bobbins they could make for that kit.

Its too bad they didn't think the same of the Wraithknight.... :sadface:

An alt kit would be nice, with more Wraith CCW options, and a way to give Guard and Blades assault grenades. And more Distort weapons at scale would also be fun.

Houghten
08-05-2014, 01:28 AM
Or just a Bright Stallion conversion kit.

Tomgar
08-05-2014, 01:39 AM
Poo, I made up my own Knight House. Wish I could use these, they look awesome!m

Mr Mystery
08-05-2014, 01:51 AM
I'd like to see a Warlocky version of a Wraithknight. Because reasons. And clearly it would be ace.

PaD
08-05-2014, 04:49 AM
But, but, but.... I've already painted my Knight and used the House Terryn transfers! I am planning on getting a couple more as well, but if I get these now the one I have finished will look odd. :(

DWest
08-05-2014, 05:30 AM
But, but, but.... I've already painted my Knight and used the House Terryn transfers! I am planning on getting a couple more as well, but if I get these now the one I have finished will look odd. :(
Make the new one your Warlord, I suppose? I'm in the same boat, with a scratchbuilt cockpit that looks nothing like the official ones.

MajorWesJanson
08-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Hope they do Hawkshroud next. There is a cool bit about a Hawkshroud Knight becoming Oathsworn to Krom Dragongaze in the SW codex.