PDA

View Full Version : Turning Orkanese, I think I'm turning Orkanese I really think so.

Mr Mystery
07-30-2014, 03:04 AM
Hurrah for quoting one hit wonders!

Yep. Gone all Orky. So far picked up Stormclaw (Space Woofs already spoken for), and Badrukk's Flash Gitz.

Force is intended to be an anarchic horde of all my fave Ork units, rather than some cohesive force with anything resembling a plan beyond 'krump 'em ladz!'.

And this time I am determined to get it all painted up. And this is where my project thread comes in.

Hoping to update at least once a week with progress of some description. If I don't, as I need the support/constant harassment, please feel free to PM me threatening/insulting/cajoling messages to remind me!

So far built up the Killa Kans, Grukk, and half built a Flash Git (want to paint in sub assemblies!) so expect something, probably by the weekend.

Brakkart
07-30-2014, 04:18 AM
And this time I am determined to get it all painted up. And this is where my project thread comes in.

Hoping to update at least once a week with progress of some description. If I don't, as I need the support/constant harassment, please feel free to PM me threatening/insulting/cajoling messages to remind me!

Sorely tempted to get an Ork force myself as housemate has bought Stormclaw and is looking to offload the Orks so I'll be following your efforts.

As for encouragement, got you covered *hands out the sharp pointy sticks to anyone following this thread for use in motivating you* We poke because we care! :D

Darren Richardson
07-30-2014, 06:17 AM
oh yes, pointy sticks ready Mystery, I really want to see your Ork Piratenaught you've been waffling on about..... :D

Mr Mystery
07-31-2014, 02:50 AM
Progress!

Last night, whilst watching the telly box I cracked out the tools.

Constructed the Grots, Runtherd (he's a Runther, not a Slaver!), and a Nob (fnarr). Also built up a dakka heavy Snazzgun. Because I could.

Think I'll build up the rest of the Nobz tonight, and then that's all of Stormclaw assembled and ready for painting. Should be able to get them undercoated Friday night (let the glue properly set!), and then a painting frenzy over the weekend. Shall stick on some suitable binge watching (either Dr Who, Still Game or perhaps Season 4 of Game of Thrones) and aim to finished off at least the Grots and Kans.

Mr Mystery
08-09-2014, 05:47 PM
So far....

All of Stormclaw Orks assembled, and ready for spraying. 5 of the 10 Flashgitz assembled, along with their Snazzguns (which I will be painting as subassemblies)

Sadly no painting done just yet, as we've had pretty humid weather, and I want a nice smooth undercoat. Currently pissing it down outside, so hopefully the air will be a bit clearer tomorrow, or at least early next week.

And I'm not buying anymore until I have this little lot painted! Reckon if I push myself I can easily churn out a unit a day, maybe a unit every two days.

Skrall
08-10-2014, 08:11 AM
The lack of pictures hurts my soul.... but the title of this thread gets a 10/10.

best ork title i've seen in years.

-skrall

Mr Mystery
08-11-2014, 03:20 AM
I'll get some pics up at some point. Photography isn't my strong suit!

Also, need to go up the laundrette tonight to do my tumble drying - mates one just couldn't hack it. Stupid technology.

Mr Mystery
08-11-2014, 03:43 PM
No photos tonight.

Got distracted by pub.

interrogator_chaplain
08-11-2014, 06:08 PM
Excuses, excuses.

Darren Richardson
08-12-2014, 04:05 AM
bah, you're just flushing money down the toilet literely (Sp?).....

You could have spent that wasted money on some more Miniatures!

Mr Mystery
08-12-2014, 04:10 AM
Pub is not waste of money! Hangover is. There is no scientific link between the two*

Anyways, should get some pics done tonight!

*An anti-vaxxer told me.

Brakkart
08-22-2014, 05:05 PM
Okay 10 days on from "should get some pics done tonight!" and no pics shown, it's time for the sharp pointy sticks me thinks, so...

*poke poke poke*