PDA

View Full Version : What to get next?..

Gooball
01-22-2010, 05:57 PM
Hey peoples
Just wondering what i should get next as im going to be enriched by 32.50
i have Orcs and goblins (mostly goblins) and iggies
I dont really need any more goblins as i have around 2500 points
Iggies i have 70 infantry 2 command squads 10 stormtroopers A leman russ a hellhound, a primaris psyker and 3 sentinels . . .
oh and i have 5 seraphim aswell
i was thinking of a chimera or a valkyrie/vendetta but.. im not sure
My favoured tactic is a massed regenerating conscript squad to draw fire from my tanks and stormtroopers who mop up the elite troops while the sentinels wipe out the tanks
I'm just wondering if having a vendettas 3 extra lascannons would be good, i'd have to drop stuff yeah but in the future i'm thinking of having two of em to Squish tank heavy armys, or the chimeras to take and hold objectives...
all in all..
i can decide >.<

Bigred
01-22-2010, 06:47 PM
Start getting Chimeras, With that many infantry aim for a couple at least for your command squads.

Gooball
01-23-2010, 01:20 PM
:p yeah..
as it is i have trouble getting into lasgun range Vs tau and a chimera with Vets or command with heavy weapons WOULD worry anyone really...
woop

DarkLink
01-23-2010, 03:09 PM
:p yeah..
as it is i have trouble getting into lasgun range Vs tau and a chimera with Vets or command with heavy weapons WOULD worry anyone really...
woop

To be more precise, a wall of chimeras full of vets/command squads will worry anyone. But a chimera is never a bad thing.

Bigred
01-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Darklink is correct. Start with some for your Command Squads who can have awesom special weapon loadouts, then expand out as needed for vets, choirs, etc...

Massed Chimeras are plenty deadly in their own right.

Just_Me
01-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Much as I hate to jump on the all mech, all the time bandwagon, the fact is Chimera's are great for the Guard on so many levels. In game terms they are cheap armor with plenty of heavy weapons that will force your opponent to make choices about where to allocate his anti-armor abilities, and are still dangerous enough to pose a threat as a light tank (and never forget that they are tanks, so tank-shock is a viable option in your back pocket). Also they can carry your footsloggers around and turn into mobile command bunkers to keep your command staff alive and giving orders (the command vehicle rule is nice). And should you ever have the chance to use the amphibious rule, you will feel absurdly pleased with yourself. In modeling terms they look cool, and lend themselves well to conversions. In fluff terms they turn your groundpounders into an armored spearhead, blitzkrieg or Desert Storm style (depending on your favorite era of history), and they are such a staple of the Imperial motorpool, it would almost be weirder not to see them.

therealjohnny5
01-23-2010, 06:41 PM
agreed. Chimeras are a necessity.

Madness
01-23-2010, 07:33 PM
Much as I hate to jump on the all mech, all the time bandwagon I urge you to stop saying things I agree with all the time, it's getting creepy.