PDA

View Full Version : Fearless Vs Instinctive Behaviour?

david5th
01-22-2010, 12:18 PM
Having looked through the new Tyranid Codex i have noticed that all Monstrous creatures are either a Synapse Creature or fearless.

my question is if a fearless Monstrous creature is outside synpase range do they automatically pass the leadership test or are they subject to Instinctive Behaviour?

(Please note that answer may be staring me in the face but thats the kind of person i am.)

sebi81
01-22-2010, 12:25 PM
as far as i know, fearless lets you pass all moral checks, but not all leadership tests. the test for instinctive behaviour is a leadership tests, not a moral check. so fearless doesn´t let you pass the test automatically.

ETJ
01-22-2010, 01:49 PM
yup! fexes, etc. are now back on IB. It literally says so under their codex entry. =)

Sam
01-22-2010, 01:54 PM
If they were just going to let them automatically pass, why would they bother writing instinctive behavior in their entry?

BuFFo
01-23-2010, 12:27 AM
yup! fexes, etc. are now back on IB. It literally says so under their codex entry. =)

They were before.

TSINI
01-23-2010, 09:02 AM
Yeah, fearless has no effect on leadership tests, only morale tests. Essentialy the same test, but different applications in the game.

Ymir
01-25-2010, 05:31 PM
If a unit is out of synapse when do they test for instinctive behavior? I do not have the new dex, nor am I playing nids. I am just wondering if it is done automatically when they leave synapse or do they have to try to do something like move or shoot to trigger it.

ETJ
01-25-2010, 05:40 PM
The only time you test for IB is at start of movement phase. so you can run off afterwards if you fancy your chances next turn, or in assault.

Ymir
01-25-2010, 05:42 PM
So even if the Nid player doesn't plan on moving any models they still test at the start of the movement phase? Am I right?