PDA

View Full Version : Red Wings (Blood Angel's successors)

albertsevil
01-22-2010, 05:21 AM
Good morning all,

A good while back I was browsing the web for BA successor chapters and hear tell of the Red Wings (or Blood Wings, I could be mistaken). I have found no fluff or colour schemes for them other than the fact they appeared in one of the BA novels and are at least partly dressed in white.

Now with the coming release of C:BA, it seems like a great oppertunity to do something more with this chapter as it's name has stuck in my memory and sounds quite compelling to me.

Does anyone have any information on these guys? (I promise to get round to reading the BA books eventually).

Colour scheme, fluff, names, history, tactics, hobbies... all welcome!

Many thanks,

Albertsevil

P.s. I'm thinking white and gun metal armour (Red Corsair style) and a single red wing on each shoulder pad, at least until more is known.

P.p.s. I don't think they're from Detroit, and i'm British..

Aldramelech
01-22-2010, 06:18 AM
Goodbye

albertsevil
01-22-2010, 06:27 AM
@ Aldramelech:

Thanks for the welcome. But what is P.A.W?And where? I'm looking for a tournament, so if i'm near it then I may go but it'll be with Death Guard

Aldramelech
01-22-2010, 06:45 AM
Goodbye

albertsevil
01-22-2010, 06:59 AM
Thanks for that pdf, I had no idea anything like that was on down here. shame the amry lists need to be in today but I might make it, even for the bring and buy alone.

Are you attending? What are you bringing?

Again, thanks!

Aldramelech
01-22-2010, 07:03 AM
Goodbye

Madness
01-22-2010, 07:03 AM
Only info I could find: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Red_Wings

Apparently they were featured only in a book by mention, I'd suggest you grab a hold of that book and research there for any information.

albertsevil
01-22-2010, 07:15 AM
@ Aldramelech:

Well hopefully if i'm not working I may well see you there. Are there public tables for games? I might try and sell some stuff.

@ Madness:

Thanks for that post, I'll try and get a hold of the book at some point.

Aldramelech
01-22-2010, 07:27 AM
Goodbye

Commissar Lewis
01-22-2010, 08:09 AM
Damn, now I want to start BA army and call em the Red Wings, with the chapter logo being that of my favorite home state sports team.

Go Wings!

albertsevil
01-22-2010, 08:17 AM
@ Commissar Lewis:

Yeah, it's funny that google keeps popping up the Detroit Red Wings' logo, and how as a chapter logo it oddly works... I'm toying with the idea of using the Eagle Warrior shoulder pads from GW and painting them red.

(un?)luckily on this side of the pond few people will get the reference

Duke
01-22-2010, 10:06 AM
I saw a picture on Coolminiornot.com of a Converted dante (Search "Dante,") This model was supposed to be a marine of the "blood wings," successor chapter, the colour was Half red and half bone... I don't know if that is the official colour, but it is better than nothing. Hope that helps

Duke

DarkLink
01-22-2010, 04:31 PM
Red Wings is an awfully bland SM chapter name. Blood Wings, on the other hand... :cool:

DoctorEvil
01-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Maybe a bland name.....but the logo is awesome!!!!

http://www.abcsafetymart.com/all-sports-team-hard-hats/nhl/hd1-detroitredwings.jpg

Commissar Lewis
01-22-2010, 08:04 PM
GO WINGS!

Sadly haven't been keeping up on them this season.