PDA

View Full Version : Daboarders 1850 Nid Swarm (now with Mk4 Malanthropes)

daboarder
07-20-2014, 06:07 PM
Modding my list for 7th (Now with Malanthropes)

Hey all, so I would liek your thoughts on the following 1850 list, Its similar to a list I tried out yesterday, but I've dropped my single venomthrope and picked up another malanthrope with their new rules I really kinda like them and think they are just the right price to run in a pair (I also love my conversions of them)

HQ:
Swarmlord, 2x Tyrant Guard

He's here to buff the gaunts and offer a reasonably solid core for the army to rotate around.

Elites:

2x Zoanthropes
2x Zoantthropes
I have been pleasently surprised that the changes to 7th ed Psychics didnt hit these guys as hard as I was afraid they would, furthermore, netting dominion, Warp blast and a 3rd power means that they are always useful, I just have to be willing to burn charges on warpblast when I really need vehicles dead.

2x Malanthropes
Love the New rules not only are they tough shrouded buffs, they also have regen, and a decent chance of providing a significant mid to late game buff (taking the pressure of the SL to hand out boosts)

Troops:
19x hormagaunts
Fast gribblies, act as flankers or vanguard units, really good at wrecking vehicle lines with SL buffs)

30x Termagants
30x Tarmagants

Bulk of my infantry, lock things down in CC, lots of bodies, ObjSec....

Tervigon, Cluster spines, Electroshock
Tervigon, Cluster spines, Electroshock

Tried these with Shreddershards last time, not happy with the rolls, but did like dropping the 2 templates on units, also a T6W6 MC ObjSec that gets dominion and a second power and acts as a battery for units that get good powers.

Fast Attack:
Hive Crone
Dedicated AA, Had considered running a pair, but only one of my regular opponents runs heavy fliers, and even then the solo jinking/VSing Crone manages to mess it up against a 3 to 1 ratio.

Heavy Support:

Tyrannofex, Acid spray, Electroshock grubs
Template Spittr, solid choice, tough and always a danger, so glad these are cheaper these days.

So there it is, what I propose for an 1850 ground pund list. Im not running this in an ultra-competitive environment, I stopped going to tournaments because I just couldn't afford to compensate for the GW shift anymore.

Thoughts anyone?

Caitsidhe
07-20-2014, 06:13 PM
So there it is, what I propose for an 1850 ground pund list. Im not running this in an ultra-competitive environment, I stopped going to tournaments because I just couldn't afford to compensate for the GW shift anymore.

Thoughts anyone?

Read more: http://thetyranidhive.proboards.com/thread/47185/daboarders-1850-nid-swarm-malanthropes#ixzz383atN5rj

Let me answer you a question with a question; why bother asking us? :D The only advice we can give on a list is on the competitiveness of it. I feel your pain in the new GW pay to win model, however, and can relate. I think the list looks fine. Lists built just to be fun without an eye for competitive can really only be rated by you though.

daboarder
07-20-2014, 06:24 PM
Let me answer you a question with a question; why bother asking us? :D The only advice we can give on a list is on the competitiveness of it. I feel your pain in the new GW pay to win model, however, and can relate. I think the list looks fine. Lists built just to be fun without an eye for competitive can really only be rated by you though.

Always worth getting insight into what people think the flaws in the list may or may not be.

IE: The above list runs into trouble against armies that it can't pin down with gaunts (Bloody White Scars!)

fedratsailor
07-21-2014, 12:49 AM
what actually changed with the malanthropes, saw that they changed but no one has stated how they changed.

daboarder
07-21-2014, 01:48 AM
what actually changed with the malanthropes, saw that they changed but no one has stated how they changed.

They are now 5 pts cheapre than a bare warrior brood.

They gained shrouded, spore cloud and grasping tail (reduce opponents in challenges to I1, this may be only a chance thing, not sure)

Their poison is now 2+
And they still grant prefered enemy (type) to units in synapse range after they kill a unit in CC

Wolfshade
07-21-2014, 01:58 AM
I think you should take some pyrovores...

daboarder
07-21-2014, 03:56 PM
I think you should take some pyrovores...

Its not ultra-competative gaming, but I dont think I need to tie one hand behind my back either :p